Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he had everything and more.
pace beyond belief (with and without the ball)
immense power
perfect 1st touch
quick feet
incredible vision
he could score and make goals
he was a leader and a winner
and more importantly he knew when to dribble when to pass, he allways done the right thing.

and he was fair! (i dare you to name a player who has never commited a handball)

and dont forget the drugs he took were not performance inhancing

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes, there will be someone as good or even better.
After all, football has ony about 100 years history. There will be a long, long time before the world is destroyed. You cannot say that no player will be as good as him in the future.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Genjuro said:
Yes, there will be someone as good or even better.
After all, football has ony about 100 years history. There will be a long, long time before the world is destroyed. You cannot say that no player will be as good as him in the future.
yeh yeh dont be a smart arse. anyway i didnt say there would never be a better player, i just asked

·
Registered
625 Posts
don said:
yeh yeh dont be a smart arse. anyway i didnt say there would never be a better player, i just asked
:D :D
Ok, it has been about 10 years since Maradona era ( he played 1994 WC).
Talentwise, Ronaldo is very close to Maradona, but wasted by injuries.
Ronaldinho is another one close to Maradona (especially in style), though not as good.

If things go like this, we MAY be able to see someone as good as Maradona in this life time ( assume most of us can live 50+ yrs more :D )

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Barcawinner said:
Ronaldinho.
closest theres been i would say.

did someone say wayne rooney, only thing he has in common with diego is a slight weight problem

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
In my opinion, Ronaldo from 95-98 was on Maradonna's level.

If it wasn't for the injuries, Ronaldo would have been the best player to ever play the game.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I am better than Maradona, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo.
You also can be certain that I am better than Wayne Rooney and Pelé.
However, as my career has little to do with football, you will not be able to see my abilities on the telly. :lick:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fabio Manic said:
I am better than Maradona, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo.
You also can be certain that I am better than Wayne Rooney and Pelé.
However, as my career has little to do with football, you will not be able to see my abilities on the telly. :lick:
what are you good at then, having bad breath! ya tit, whats the point of saying what you said. stop talking i can smell your breath from scotland

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
don,

You're new here. Welcome to XT. :) Kindly use a little softer tone. ;)

Thanks in advance.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Ronaldo 94-99 closest to Maradona and Pele...

Ronaldinho is great but overrated ;)

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
don said:
stop talking i can smell your breath from scotland
LOL!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I really doubt anyone will reach his god like status he and Pele got. Others might be as good and better but I really doubt they will be seen as the best of all time.

Anyway out of all the old games and footage avaliable of the past generations of great players Maradona impressed me the most, He is a genius no doubt, From another planet. I know Im too young so I didn't see them consistently enough but if I just had to go on archive footage I would pick Maradona over Pele everytime.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Faisal said:
I really doubt anyone will reach his god like status he and Pele got. Others might be as good and better but I really doubt they will be seen as the best of all time.

Anyway out of all the old games and footage avaliable of the past generations of great players Maradona impressed me the most, He is a genius no doubt, From another planet. I know Im too young so I didn't see them consistently enough but if I just had to go on archive footage I would pick Maradona over Pele everytime.
yeah :thmbup:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Maradona was just a fat midget, if Owen starts eating more Cheeseburgers he can take his crown. ;)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Maradona was just a fat midget, if Owen starts eating more Cheeseburgers he can take his crown. ;)
But there is ONE who does that already. :mute:

1 - 20 of 112 Posts