Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some local press are reporting that Wigan Athletic have just made a bid of £6m for an "Eastern European based international midfielder".

I'm assuming it's from Russian football as there are a few good midfielders who are capable of playing in the Premiership. Has there been any rumours in the Russian media?

Which midfielders are likely to want to move to England for £6m??

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think he would be Elano from Shaktar Donetsk, great and versatil player.

Or maybe Semshov of Dinamo Moscu. I think Spartak, Lokomotiv, and CSKA will not sell their players.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
wigdean said:
Some local press are reporting that Wigan Athletic have just made a bid of £6m for an "Eastern European based international midfielder".

I'm assuming it's from Russian football as there are a few good midfielders who are capable of playing in the Premiership. Has there been any rumours in the Russian media?

Which midfielders are likely to want to move to England for £6m??
For 8-9 millions euros?it depends on the player realy....

Shakhtar is the richiest team in eastern europe, so i don't see them selling Elano Pavlyuchenko.

Maybe it is Smertin!:pp

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Smertin would be a good signing for us. He's exactly what we are missing at the minute.

I'd love it to be Elano but I don't think we are a big enough club for him. We could afford him, but he probably wouldn't want to come here.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
wigdean said:
I think Smertin would be a good signing for us. He's exactly what we are missing at the minute.

I'd love it to be Elano but I don't think we are a big enough club for him. We could afford him, but he probably wouldn't want to come here.
This is not the same Smertin of three seasons ago or even two.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is he a bad player now then?

I'd love it to be someone like Carvalho, Elano, Zhirkov, etc.. but I know we are going to end up with some player that nobody has ever heard of or that nobody rates as a good player. :neutral:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Personally I don't think he has turned into a bad player, but he's "coming down the slope" nearly as much as his teammate Dmitri Khokhlov is; I think that though being nearly the same age Maksim Romashchenko and Igor Semshov would display a more enriching football for Wigan, and I feel that anyway Smertin's purpose nowadays might be ending his career in his homeland.

Though, I don't think Dynamo will get rid of them lightly after all the suffering for achieving the permanence this past season...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The club have just denied making a £6m offer for Maksym Kalynychenko of Spartak Moscow.

They've said they have placed a bid for a player but it isn't him. Would he have been worth that kind of money? Apparently Man Utd tried to sign him once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts