Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Press says he has signed a contract with Hertha and will join them after his current contract with Arminia expires, in June 2003.

Such early decisions always puzzle me. There's still a whole season in the Bundesliga ahead of him... But well, that's his choice.

It's a pity he isn't in Korea now. We desperately need another pacey forward alongside Olisadebe...

I hope players like him, Smolarek, Glowacki, Karwan, perhaps Szymkowiak and Wroblewski will help our team a lot in the Euro 2004 qualifying campaign.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I consider the situation to be somewhat weird as well. I know it wont happen, but suppose its the last game of the season between his current club, and Hertha. Hertha have unexpectadly underachieved and are only a loss away from relegation. Wichniarek has a penalty to put the game away, and therefore resign himself to second division play. I know it won't happen, but just a thought.

Hopefully he becomes a very good player. I also am looking forward to Euro 2004 (if we qualify). A midfield including Krzynowek, Smolarek, Karwan would be wonderful. A front-line of Oli and Wichniarek (if he gets a call) would be a very solid block. Our defence would most likely be the same, but it would be a veteran group. There is also Rzasa and Radomski to think of. We have the tools it seems, but not sure if it could be put together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts