Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A problem always bothered me since I became a RM fan: why RM sold out Luis Enrique, what is more, to FCB.

AND, did he willing back to RM soon????

·
Registered
90 Posts
i'm not sure about this one, but i think that it is luis enrique that went to barcelona when his contract ended with madrid.

so i guess that he will never come back.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Luis Enrique is a attacking mind player, but his RM days was just limited to wing-back duty, he was very unhappy about it, when he got his chance, he join Barca...

But RM did finally got Figo and "get even".

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Why are you still bothered about it?:)

If he was a product of Madrid,maybe then it'd still bother me,but he's not,and we dont need him anymore,so Barca can have him.Even if he is one of the best players Spain has produced in the last 10 years and decision to sell him may have been wrong at the time.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Luis Enrique Sux

Real Madrid signed Luis Enrique from Sporting de Gijón, some years later at the end of his contract Real Madrid want ro renew it, but Real's offer was bad, because he hasn't the love of the supporters who could see him running in nonsense all the time whithout good playing. I think he is old to return and is injured, I think he could finish his career in Barça and in footaball at in July 2004 when I believe he will finish his contract.

·
Registered
604 Posts
In the States, we have term in sports, "teasting the market". Luis did not feel he was "played" correctly. At Madrid, he was somewhat an utility player: he played halfback and winger. He wanted play up front. At Barca, he still plays on the wing :tongue: And the press was killing him!! He was then what Macca is now. He runs the field, but has nothing to show for it. I'm not sure if he hates Madrileños or what he feels was a lack of appreciation for him while he was here, but I remember him giving the crowd the one finger salute :dazed:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Luis Enrique was sold before Capello joined Real Madrid. In his first season for Barça he scored 18 and was on the top of Capello`s shoppinglist when he went back to Italy.

I don`t know about the "finger", but after scoring against Real in Madrid he run towards the Ultras and kissed the Barça badge on his shirt!:proud:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Barça's badge or garbage

He is a stupid man, this is the answer why he kissed the Barça garbage, Barça will kick out him next season.

"Roma no paga a traidores"

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Luis Enrique was used primarily as a workhorse in his Madrid days. He was more of a defensive orientated player, and seeing what he does for Barca it's not surprising he took the switch. I always hate these kind of guys, cause it means loyalty is nothing to them - it's not like he had to choose Putalona. I don't respect him as a huma therfore, but agree he is a great player, and did himself a lot of good by leaving Madrid.
One thing I fail to understand though, is how he can be considered a Real Madrid legend! the guy is up there next to di stefano and Puskas at the official website!:eek: It's like people forget he achieved most of his glory outside of Real... it's sort of like saying Maradona was a Barca legend, when in reality he delivered nothing for them, and only came as a legend to them.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I read some time back and dont ask me where, that Real is trying to locate every living member who played in the first squad to be presented durning the centenary celebration.
It even went to mention LE but is also disclosed that the Barca Hierarchy might step in to put a damper on our B-day party

1 - 10 of 10 Posts