Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
" There's a english song, that we currently sing in Curva Sud, which is the Liverpool traditional anthem and it's from 60..It says:

Walk on walk on
with hope in your heart
and you'll never walk alone
you'll never walk alone

There was a guy, in our group (tells the narrator) that had a record with all these songs, and he was froma group which isn't used to use magaphones: the songs in that group starts spontaneously..In this record there was this *You'll never walk alone*, which is a very emotional anthem and we liked that so much that we tried to learn it, but due to our bad knowledge of the language we had to write it down the lyrics ; the guys at the beginning said *welcome* instead of *Walk on*, so we explained the guys what was the meaning of the words until we learnt it.
This song made us famous all over Europe because we sang it when the Liverpool supporters died in Sheffield. It happened by saturday and we had the match against Real Madrid on sunday (that we won 5-1, a truly memorable moment)

We prepared a banner "SHEFFIELD: YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE" and we waited for the minute of silence, and we were prepared to sing the song and put the banner our, but the referee whistled the sudden start of the match. We put out the banner believing it was over but the referee suddenly stops the players and tributes 1 minute of silence in honour of the victims. I (narrator) was there, without even a micro but i standed up on the barrier and we started with this song *You'll never walk alone* without micro. I have the video at home and all the players are there standing up and you see the whole stadium standing up, and clapping.
You can clearly see the referee staring at me because the song can be clearly be heard by the pitch and the whole Curva starts the song with great powerful voice. When i tell this i'm still proud and emotive; on english telly they shooted it for 6 months and we got bags of letters from England: "you're friends of us and you'll be forever"

Tales from Brigate Rossonere

http://www.nannibalestrini.it/furiosi/furiosi.htm

ITALIAN:

ITALIAN:

c'è una canzone inglese che noi facciamo che è l'inno del Liverpool che è Walk on una canzone degli anni 60 che è stata presa dai tifosi del Liverpool come loro inno col ritornello che dice

Walk on walk on
with hope in your heart
you'll never walk alone

c'era uno di noi che aveva il disco con questi cori che lì da loro non c'è nessuno che li dirige col microfono partono spontaneamente parte questo Walk on che sembra un urlo che viene da lontano e così noi abbiamo cercato di impararla abbiamo dovuto fare i foglietti con su com'era scritto perché molti dicevano Welcome cioè benvenuto invece di Walk on camminiamo abbiamo spiegato che cosa voleva dire e tutto quanto finché siamo riusciti a impararla questa canzone e ci ha resi famosi in tutta Europa perché l'abbiamo fatta quando sono morti i tifosi del Liverpool schiacciati contro le transenne a Sheffield è successo al sabato e noi domenica avevamo la partita col Real Madrid di Coppa dei campioni che abbiamo vinto 5 a 1 una partita memorabile

avevamo preparato uno striscione con scritto SHEFFIELD YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE c'era il minuto di silenzio e noi eravamo pronti per fare la canzone e mettere fuori lo striscione invece l'arbitro uno svedese ha fatto iniziare subito la partita noi mettiamo fuori lo striscione ma la cosa sembrava finita li poi però di colpo lui ferma il gioco e si mette la palla ai piedi per il minuto di silenzio cazzo io lì in quel momento non avevo neanche il microfono sono salito sulla transenna e senza microfono come fanno loro siamo partiti con questa canzone c'ho il video a casa ogni tanto lo rivedo e mi viene la pelle d'oca tutti i giocatori sull'attenti poi si sente tutto lo stadio in piedi a applaudire si vede l'arbitro che guarda verso di me perché sente il coro si vede benissimo il coro che sale And you'll never walk alone anche adesso che lo dico mi emoziono l'hanno fatto vedere per 6 mesi su tutte le reti inglesi almeno una volta al giorno lo facevano vedere sono arrivate tante di quelle lettere di tifosi inglesi voi siete dei veri amici e per tutta la vita noi saremo sempre vostri amici

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
I remember that episode :star: it was a rainy Wendsday evening, both the outcome of the match and that touching moment, make it a day I will never forget :stuckup:

Great for you to bring it up Gio :cool: You nearly got a tear coming down from Old Diavolo's eyes here :sigh:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read all the stories in that link, and esp the last CANTO, where the narrator tells about Pontecurone in 1992 with Samp supporters (ToniSamp ;) )..

It's an amazing pile of facts and reports of away matches and i've read many things that hardly i would have known otherwise..

I will translate some of them in the next weeks

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
GioCurvaSud said:
Read all the stories in that link, and esp the last CANTO, where the narrator tells about Pontecurone in 1992 with Samp supporters (ToniSamp ;) )..

It's an amazing pile of facts and reports of away matches and i've read many things that hardly i would have known otherwise..

I will translate some of them in the next weeks
I know what happened ;) If one day we'll meet I know a few myself, enough to tell you that as a kiddo I had the duty of taking the Tigre striscione home ;)

Again, Great effort Gio :stuckup:

P.S. We were the first organized Curva in Football history :stuckup: as exposed in your avatar (1968) :stuckup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
MVB scores Milan 4th goal vs Real Madrid in that memourable evening :cool:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Diavolo said:
I had the duty of taking the Tigre striscione home ;) :
:shades: :thmbup: :cool: :happy:

Diavolo said:
Again, Great effort Gio :stuckup:
:proud:

Diavolo said:
P.S. We were the first organized Curva in Football history :stuckup: as exposed in your avatar (1968) :stuckup:
:proud: :stuckup: :shades:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
I believe you should post the opening post of this thread in the Liverpool forum :stuckup:

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
No offense, but I think it's disgusting to copy any song from Liverpool, which is a club that has no right to exist after their murderous acts in Belgium. I think all Italian fans should hate this team. :yuck: I certainly do. [Along other resons like beating Roma etc but that's besides the point]. And when they sing "you'll never walk alone", I agree the words and tune are nice, but when they sing together in a sort of slow motion, they sound like retarded lager drunks for me. Fuk them. :stuckup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
gba said:
No offense, but I think it's disgusting to copy any song from Liverpool, which is a club that has no right to exist after their murderous acts in Belgium. I think all Italian fans should hate this team. :yuck: I certainly do. [Along other resons like beating Roma etc but that's besides the point]. And when they sing "you'll never walk alone", I agree the words and tune are nice, but when they sing together in a sort of slow motion, they sound like retarded lager drunks for me. Fuk them. :stuckup:

:fero: REDS ANIMALS YOU'LL PAY FOR IT :fero: .
As death has no colour, race or creed :sob: :sob: :sob: Regardless of the tragic events happened that tragic 29th May 1985 in Bruxelles, where 39 innocent people died, for which we all are still deeply saddened and disgusted :frownani: :frownani: :frownani: Us Milanisti, and those who felt moved that evening, have nothing to be ashamed of. Now more than ever: "You will never walk alone"

The 96 Liverpool Fans who died at Hillsborough.
Jack Anderson 62 Years Colin Mark Ashcroft 19 Years
James Gary Aspinall 18 Years Kester Roger Marcus Ball 16 Years
Gerard Baron (snr) 67 Years Simon Bell 17 Years
Barry Bennett 26 Years David John Benson 22 Years
David William Birtle 22 Years Tony Bland 22 Years
Paul David Brady 21 Years Andrew Mark Brookes 26 Years
Carl Brown 18 Years Steven Brown 25 Years
Henry Thomas Burke 47 Years Peter Andrew Burkett 24 Years
Paul William Carlile 19 Years Raymond Thomas Chapman 50 Years
Gary Christopher Church 19 Years Jospeh Clark 'Oey' 29 Years
Paul Clark 18 Years Gary Collins 22 Years
Stephen Paul Copoc 20 Years Tracey Elizabeth Cox 23 Years
James Philip Delaney 19 Years Christopher Barry Devonside 18 Years
Chris Edwards 29 Years Vincent Michael Fitzsimmons 34 Years
Steve Fox 21 Years Jon-Paul Gilhooley 10 Years
Barry Glover 27 Years Ian Thomas Glover 20 Years
Derrick George Godwin 24 Years Roy Hamilton 34 Years
Philip Hammond 14 Years Eric Hankin 33 Years
Peter Andrew Harrison 15 Years Gary Harrison 27 Years
Stephen Francis Harrison 31 Years Dave Hawley 39 Years
James Robert 'Jimmy' Hennesey 29 Years Paul Anthony Hewitson 26 Years
Carl Hewitt 17 Years Nick Hewitt 16 Years
Sarah Louise Hicks 19 Years Victoria Jane Hicks 15 Years
Gordon Horn 'Goffer' 20 Years Arthur Horrocks 41 Years
Thomas Howard 39 Years Tommy Anthony Howard 14 Years
Eric George Hughes 42 Years Alan Johnston 29 Years
Christine Anne Jones 27 Years Gary Philip Jones 18 Years
Richard Jones BSc 25 Years Nicholas Peter Joynes 27 Years
Anthony P.Kelly 29 Years Michael Kelly 38 Years
Carl David Lewis 18 Years David William Mather 19 Years
Brian Christopher Matthews 38 Years Francis Joseph McAllister 27 Years
John McBrien 18 Years Marian Hazel McCabe 21 Years
Joe McCarthy 21 Years Peter McDonnell 21 Years
Alan McGlone 'Gloney' 28 Years Keith McGrath 17 Years
Paul Brian Murray 14 Years Lee Nicol 14 Years
Stephen Francis O'Neill 17 Years Jonathon Owens 18 Years
William Roy Pemberton 23 Years Carl Rimmer 21 Years
Dave Rimmer 38 Years Graham John Roberts (HND) 24 Years
Steven Robinson 17 Years Henry Charles Rogers 17 Years
Andrew Sefton 23 Years Inger Shah 38 Years
Paula Ann Smith 26 Years Adam Edward Spearritt 14 Years
Philip John Steele 15 Years David Leonard Thomas 23 Years
Pat Thompson 35 Years Peter Reuben Thompson 30 Years
Stuart Thompson 17 Years Peter F Tootle 21 Years
Christopher James Traynor 26 Years Martin Kevin Traynor 16 Years
Kevin Tyrrell 15 Years Colin Wafer 19 Years
Ian 'Ronnie' Whelan 19 Years Mr Martin Kenneth wild 29 Years
Kevin Daniel Williams 15 Years Graham John Wright 17 Years

The memorial is shown below with the eternal flame burning on :sob: :sob: :sob:

In memoriam 29-05-1985 :depress: :depress: :depress:

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Even though I said all Italian fans ought to feel like that, it is obvious not the case, not even among many Juve fans, and it's a personal view and everyone is indeed entitled to his own. Btw, having a sympathy to the disaster at Sheffield is different than being "allies" with the club which I talked about. It's two seperate things.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
It's not like I will ever forget about the incident, one that happened in my birth year of all years, however its important to forgive and forget. That said, if any Liverpool or English football fan would bring the event up in an attempt to start something, they would be put in their place. What happened at Heysel is like scars that are embedded on the skin; they do not hurt all the time, but when scratched, the wound is open again. Lets hope the people at Anfield dont forget that...

·
Registered
788 Posts
It'll be 20 years this 29th of April...wonder what will be done...

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
GioCurvaSud said:
" There's a english song, that we currently sing in Curva Sud, which is the Liverpool traditional anthem and it's from 60..It says:

Walk on walk on
with hope in your heart
you'll never walk alone

There was a guy, in our group (tells the narrator) that had a record with all these songs, and he was froma group which isn't used to use magaphones: the songs in that group starts spontaneously..In this record there was this *You'll never walk alone*, which is a very emotional anthem and we liked that so much that we tried to learn it, but due to our bad knowledge of the language we had to write it down the lyrics ; the guys at the beginning said *welcome* instead of *Walk on*, so we explained the guys what was the meaning of the words until we learnt it.
This song made us famous all over Europe because we sang it when the Liverpool supporters died in Sheffield. It happened by saturday and we had the match against Real Madrid on sunday (that we won 5-1, a truly memorable moment)

We prepared a banner "SHEFFIELD: YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE" and we waited for the minute of silence, and we were prepared to sing the song and put the banner our, but the referee whistled the sudden start of the match. We put out the banner believing it was over but the referee suddenly stops the players and tributes 1 minute of silence in honour of the victims. I (narrator) was there, without even a micro but i standed up on the barrier and we started with this song *You'll never walk alone* without micro. I have the video at home and all the players are there standing up and you see the whole stadium standing up, and clapping.
You can clearly see the referee staring at me because the song can be clearly be heard by the pitch and the whole Curva starts the song with great powerful voice. When i tell this i'm still proud and emotive; on english telly they shooted it for 6 months and we got bags of letters from England: "you're friends of us and you'll be forever"

Tales from Brigate Rossonere

http://www.nannibalestrini.it/furiosi/furiosi.htm

ITALIAN:

ITALIAN:

c'è una canzone inglese che noi facciamo che è l'inno del Liverpool che è Walk on una canzone degli anni 60 che è stata presa dai tifosi del Liverpool come loro inno col ritornello che dice

Walk on walk on
with hope in your heart
you'll never walk alone

c'era uno di noi che aveva il disco con questi cori che lì da loro non c'è nessuno che li dirige col microfono partono spontaneamente parte questo Walk on che sembra un urlo che viene da lontano e così noi abbiamo cercato di impararla abbiamo dovuto fare i foglietti con su com'era scritto perché molti dicevano Welcome cioè benvenuto invece di Walk on camminiamo abbiamo spiegato che cosa voleva dire e tutto quanto finché siamo riusciti a impararla questa canzone e ci ha resi famosi in tutta Europa perché l'abbiamo fatta quando sono morti i tifosi del Liverpool schiacciati contro le transenne a Sheffield è successo al sabato e noi domenica avevamo la partita col Real Madrid di Coppa dei campioni che abbiamo vinto 5 a 1 una partita memorabile

avevamo preparato uno striscione con scritto SHEFFIELD YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE c'era il minuto di silenzio e noi eravamo pronti per fare la canzone e mettere fuori lo striscione invece l'arbitro uno svedese ha fatto iniziare subito la partita noi mettiamo fuori lo striscione ma la cosa sembrava finita li poi però di colpo lui ferma il gioco e si mette la palla ai piedi per il minuto di silenzio cazzo io lì in quel momento non avevo neanche il microfono sono salito sulla transenna e senza microfono come fanno loro siamo partiti con questa canzone c'ho il video a casa ogni tanto lo rivedo e mi viene la pelle d'oca tutti i giocatori sull'attenti poi si sente tutto lo stadio in piedi a applaudire si vede l'arbitro che guarda verso di me perché sente il coro si vede benissimo il coro che sale And you'll never walk alone anche adesso che lo dico mi emoziono l'hanno fatto vedere per 6 mesi su tutte le reti inglesi almeno una volta al giorno lo facevano vedere sono arrivate tante di quelle lettere di tifosi inglesi voi siete dei veri amici e per tutta la vita noi saremo sempre vostri amici
I wouldn't say YNWA is traditionally an "English anthem".

While the Liverpool fans sing it passionately, the Celtic fans feel every bit as emotional about the connection the song has to our club, and judging from the old Celtic videos i have in my collection, the song has been every bit a part of Celtic's history as it has been Liverpool's.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Celtic and Liverpool have, as you probably know, very strong connections due to the Irish heritage. Both Celtic and Liverpool fans both have the right to consider this song theirs. However, I don't think it's something general. It's just that Celtic's and Liverpool's fans are great friends. I don't think you'll ever hear United, Everton, Rangers or some other great rival sing this song.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Beautiful post Gio!!!!:star::proud: :stuckup:
DA BRIVIDI!!!:stuckup::proud:

Speaking of club friendships, we also seem to have very good relationship with Celtics, Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid. However, none of these greatly rewarding relationships match the terrific rapport we've been having with our beloved Cugini!!!:stuckup::proud:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
San Siro said:
Beautiful post Gio!!!!:star::proud: :stuckup:
DA BRIVIDI!!!:stuckup::proud:

none of these greatly rewarding relationships match the terrific rapport we've been having with our beloved Cugini!!!:stuckup::proud:

Cheers.;)
;)

hahahahahahhahahahahahahha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts