Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surely this is totally unwarranted or needed for any top flight league?

Lets sit back for a second, surely when a league breaks for so long that teams are now scheduling MULTIPLE friendlies, the system has it wrong – VERY WRONG?

We are supposed to be in the middle of the season, yet friendlies are needed to sharpen players up? Its not like these players are now “resting” – they would have rested for a few days, but have to get back into it, playing friendlies.

Why have training camps in places like dubai, and multiple friendlies, when the season can simply continue?

Sure have a week off for Christmas or whatever, perhaps the premier league plays too much through the festive season, but surely to god the Serie A takes too long off in the middle of the season.

20 days between games – with friendlies thrown in instead, laughable!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
long? two weeks is long? hey, players want holidays too!
a. thats just my point, they want holidays you say, but they are all in camps playing MULTIPLE friendlies. What holidays?????? That is my whole reason for the thread.

b. Its 3 weeks, not 2 weeks. And long enough to warrant MULTIPLE friendlies.

c. Who cares what is done in Germany. If anything, the Serie A should be looking towards the EPL, which is setting the standard there can be no doubt.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
long? two weeks is long? hey, players want holidays too! the Bundesliga has a month and a half break, way longer than the Serie A.

IMO theres nothing wrong with this break...
Bundesliga only has 18 teams, so each team has 4 fewer games = 3 free weeks compared to 20-team leagues.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Bundesliga only has 18 teams, so each team has 4 fewer games = 3 free weeks compared to 20-team leagues.
Temperatures are around -8°C across France, Belgium, Holland, The UK, probably even lower in Germany and its continental climate. It's good for everyone that a temporary break was implemented, even though cold winters are not as recurrent as they used to be and however eager you are for the season to resume. The English might keep playing, but they always do unlike everyone else.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Yes those players how can we let them break for 3 whole weeks when we can have them playing 2 times a week instead :mad:!!
And 3 months off for summer? Wow who do these players think they are right?

But seriously I think everyone should just enjoy it. The break is only 2 matchdays (yes its 3 weeks, but that is 2 matchdays not 3!!) I mean I love serie a but i am enjoying this break from football. Havent seen a game since serie a went on break and havent even followed football that much but then it will make the first few rounds even more enjoayble and you will be more anxious for them.

EPL has it totally wrong in my opinion. I mean come on once they played on January 1st. Does this mean that players cant even get drunk on new years :scared:?

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
EPL has it totally wrong in my opinion. I mean come on once they played on January 1st. Does this mean that players cant even get drunk on new years :scared:?
It never stopped them in the past, but nowdays they get drunk enough the rest of the year.

·
Registered
24,045 Posts
Lets sit back for a second, surely when a league breaks for so long that teams are now scheduling MULTIPLE friendlies, the system has it wrong – VERY WRONG?

Sure have a week off for Christmas or whatever, perhaps the premier league plays too much through the festive season, but surely to god the Serie A takes too long off in the middle of the season.

20 days between games – with friendlies thrown in instead, laughable!
Which team had multiple friendlies? It is good with a break, for the players to reload mental batteries.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
This break should be shortened.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts