Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ian Walker is a personal favourite.

Why have Spurs signed Neil Sullivan for a club record contract?
Seems like Ian is on his way out,dont you think?

Which clubs have been linked with him anyway??

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
429 Posts
Ian Wanker is the most overrated keeper in England. He used to be pretty good, but has been a minor disaster his season. Just look at the statement made by Chris Perry, saying that signing Sullivan is a major boost for Spurs. Doesn't sound like he got much trust from his defenders, does it?

[This message has been edited by Mikael (edited 29-05-2000).]

M

·
0 Posts
Neil Sullivan is the most competent keeper in the British isles playing British style football. Ian Walker is sorely underestimated, most of the time by his own fans, but his minor lapses in concentration have cost him this season.

In the premier league a keepers ability to command his area, come for crosses and organise his defense is vital. I reckon Walker as like David James would probably be much more succesful abroad we the only major requirement is shot stopping. Technically they're both very good.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
'Coz he's good! Too good to play in the first division! I'm not saying that he's the best keeper in PL or something, but he's good. Caps with Scottish national team, at least (although you can't compare to those keepers called to Italian national team ;) )
I'm soooo glad that ManUtd didn't buy him! The interest they showed in Sullivan was alarming!
Next season I'll definitely watch more Spurs matches! Rebrov, Sullivan... :) :) :)

D

·
0 Posts
Neil Sullivan has also been approached by Celtic, a move back to Scotland could be on the cards.

the new boss of Celtic, what's his name?, would love to have a keeper of Sullivan's calibre. Maybe Rangers are need of a new keeper too, with the broken jaw of Leighton, or was it Goram?, I don't follow Scottish football.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Look now, I appreciate that fans from other teams comes and visits the Tottenham forum.

DriverX, if youre gonna come here to insult
us( see "2 defender.." topic) can you please read the topic and replys made by other people before replying in a ignorant way?

SULLIVAN IS ALREADY A TOTTENHAMPLAYER!!

Get it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts