Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Probably paying him 2.5 Million sterling per year too.... :)

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
because he is GUN! :howler:

on a serious note though.. can't believe the cvnt has won 5 EPL titles??

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Becuase an experienced defender is needed when the only one is going to move away.

You cant have all youngsters only, in EPL.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
you might be signing a 33 year old Brazilian midfielder called Mineiro on a free if that helps you feel better ;)

Arsenal are being linked with Brazilian midfielder Mineiro, 33, who left Hertha Berlin this summer. (Daily Mail)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Becuase an experienced defender is needed when the only one is going to move away.
experience is good, but if that is the only criteria then we might as well have offered Laurent Blanc a contract, I'd rather him at 48 than Silvestre.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Jern, it took you a massive couple of weeks to realize this? where were you? drunk? :pp

·
Registered
24,267 Posts
because he can play Cd and Lb
he got experience
and winning mentality
No he doesn't. He just happens to have had the luck to be at the place at the right time.

Maybe that's why you signed him, because he might bring that good luck with him? :undecide:

·
Registered
42,849 Posts
Jern, have some taken your signature seriously? :D

I know I haven't properly responded to the thread, but one of my original thoughts was 'how awkward will it be for the tannoy announcer?'

As for the player itself, well, my feeling is that he's a complete liability centrally, definitely, but on the left, he's not as burdensome, at least.

Still, either position involves defending and only one **** up takes only one second and it can easily be so so costly.

·
Gooner
6,780 Posts
I think it was an astute signing. Only 750k, can play cb and lb, former French International, expirienced etc.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
because he is a gun and was one of the better players last night.. Toure and Silvestre were good at the back but Sagna and Gibbs had shockers.. gibbs is not first team material yet and who ever said he would be challenging Clichy for his spot was joking or something is seriously wrong with you ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts