Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know,Jozic always talks about how only players that are constant in their clubs will play and all of a sudden Balaban goes,and Sablic?
What about Tokic?
Who da f... is Petric?
Isn't Tomislav Maric better forward then him?
Some shady business is goin on!

jebo mater,jebo oca,'ko ne voli hercegovca...

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
heh :) to legendo.

I have been pondering the same question, Maric is devastated. He should be on that list, all the Croatian newspapers even said so.

1st bad move by Jozic, let's hope he doesn't have any more.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
yeah, really fukd up move... we will see...

as to sablic and tokic - they are defenders...

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I just read some forums on nogomet.com about Maric, and the Croatian publics insulting of BiH croats over there is disgusting.

"sta ce nam jos jedan bosanac"
"idite nazad u bosnu"
"nije vam mjesto u hrvatskoj repki"
"kaj radite u nasoj reprezentaciji"
"hrvatska ne smi ic sa toliko bosanaca, nije im misto s nama"

etc. etc.

shamefull

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
nogomet.com forums are bull shat... like every other non moderated forum... things go out of control... ppl in croatia dont think that...

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I don't know spwolf, not infront of you or me, but in private maybe. I have had people argue this case with me, I have heard people say such things in person, and have seen it in the news.

It's disgraceful, whatever the ratio of it.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
lol nah, not ppl that I hang out with at least (dalmatians and gospars)...

...believe me, everything you hear outside of croatia is like 10x worse than what you actually is happening in croatia... ppl somehow get really extreme once they cross the borders... probably cuz they are outside their enviroment and feel as if they have to prove that their part of the country is better...

I can tell u right now, his bein Hercegovac is not a reason he didnt get called, there are plenty of us in NT and around NT... I would rather say bad luck and bad judgment maybe... but at the same time, vlaovic & vugrinec spent much more time with current NT players... so I can understand what Jozic reasons were, but I still think that I would have preffered him for top sub place or even a starter

·
Registered
641 Posts
Guys its as easy as this, Maric didnt get called cause he didnt want to take a risk. First off the guys was off for three months. Second he he played two 20 minute games then on his last game he scored 2 goals. Jozic calls him and he doesnt impress against Hungary. He did get the lowest player rating on avg for that game. Trust me we will be seeing a lot of him during Euro Qualifiers. The whole Hercegovci thing is crazy and ludacrist, what about Stanic, Tomas, Zivkovic etc.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
well ofcourse him being a hercegovac had nothing to do with Jozic's decision, I was talking about croatian sentiment towards us....not that of Jozic, just the general public.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
anyone in Croatia who doesnt like Bosance or Hercegovce(who are proud Croats) can go to hell!

p.s those same Cro's that diss Cro's that live in BiH arent real Croats! they are fakes:fero: they dont listen to enough Thompson;)

·
International
8,545 Posts
I was surprised to see Maric not named to the squad. Even if he only had one chance to prove himself in a friendly, a dude like Babic gets called up.

Maric had a great second half of the season and was really on form. Babic had only 4 appearances for Leverkusen and they were all off the bench.

Maric might not have much of a claim to a spot, but considering that Babic was named to the team, at least before the last cuts, then Maric certainly warranted a call up.

Jozic said he wouldn't take players who weren't playing regularly but he still did. I'm glad Balaban is there, but Jozic went against his own policy and Maric got the short end of the stick.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
blah, 2 players will go outside the squad to the WC, babic is one of them, thats why he was called up...remember? 23 squad players but we will bring 25 players?

·
International
8,545 Posts
I know that, but there's a slight chance Babic will make it otherwise he wouldn't have been named at all. Might as well have named Maric who would've had a better chance of making it, even if only a slim chance, still a better one than Babic.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
no there is no chance... what do you want, bring 29 yr old player as one of the two players that wont get any time?

We had 23 players for god sakes, at least 6 of them will never see the pitch..

i dont think he should have brought Maric if he though he is not in his top 4 strikers... i do think he is top 3, but...

·
International
8,545 Posts
Well if there was no chance, he wouldn't be there at all, there'd be no reason to have him there. It was Jozic's choice to call him therefore there's a chance, whether it be very small or not, still a chance.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Maric didn't get picked because sometimes the coach makes the wrong move. He probably doesn't have much of a voice at the HNS.

His injury didn't help his cause.

He should be there without question but he still has a tourney or two to prove Jozic was wrong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts