Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor guy. He is so good. Why is he second choice to Kanu? I cannot understand. The Croat is way better then the dumb Niger-ian! Man this is bad for Suker ansd Arsenal, because you'll see, that next year the team will be lacking fire-power up front. One or two injuries and you're fuc*ed :(

D

·
0 Posts
Very intelligent labas, that dumb Nigerian you were talking about is Arsenal's top-scorer.
Anyway, this is what I picked up at the Dailysoccer. Croatian striker Davor Suker is
to be given a free transfer by Arsenal at the end of the season, halfway through his two-year contract with the English premier
league club. Manager Arsene Wenger said on Friday he did not feel it fair that a player with international ambitions should be confined to a peripheral first team role with the club.
"Davor has done really well for us but we have not been able to use him as often as he would have liked," Wenger said.
"A player of his ability deserves to be playing regularly so we will be letting him go. There is no animosity.
"He has paid the price for the way Thierry Henry has exploded this season. It means that I have Davor, Thierry, Dennis Bergkamp and Nwankwo Kanu for two positions."
Arsenal signed Suker for two million pounds ($3.17 million) from Real Madrid at the start of the season.
Suker, who was the tournament's top scorer in the last World Cup in France when Croatia finished third, might remain in London by moving to West Ham.
Manager Harry Redknapp said: "Suker is a top quality player and we would be interested in him."

X

·
0 Posts
i think thatv kanu and bergkamp are players that give assists rather than score a lot fo goals...
only henry seems a prolific goalscorer..

but i don't find suker's form impressive this season...

D

·
0 Posts
Overall, Henry is top-scorer, no sure in the league though, probably is by now anyway. Not sure if Kanu is a real goal-getter, I don't think he was no.9 at Ajax, unless Kluivert was injured. And at Inter Milan, I have no idea, Kanu never really got settled there.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Not his fault though as he had a bad heart. I think that it is a credit to the player tha he has come back so well.
The one problem with Suker is his age.
Saying that though can you imagine Suker and Di Canio together - that will be dynamite.

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

J

·
0 Posts
Suker is getting old but he proved he and can still play; just look at World Cup '98, he won the Golden Boot award. He can score if given the chance!!!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
of course Suker still has it, just look at his goal in the 3-2 loss to Coventry to see this but Henry is on fire, Kanu is a potential great and Bergkamp ain't half bad either.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
remember suker's goal against sunderland? now that was nice. the lob from outside the box, exquisite.
anyway
suker doesnt seem to be getting any luck recently, at real madrid he didnt get chances to play, same at arsenal. henry is most probably 1st choice at the moment, with bergkamp or kanu with him up front, and suker on the bench, waiting for someone to get injured :( he really does deserve to be playing regular football, and i hope that he does move to maybe west ham, because as pool says, di canio - suker would be awesome

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts