Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why did we have to get Solano when we could have gotten the number 1 talent on england midfield dyer? Everyone was surprised when keegan picked him, excepted (it seemed) me. He has alot of talent, more than solano, but solano is good when I`ve seen him and is without a doubt the best puruvian player in ten years for the national team.

D

·
0 Posts
Dyer, as you have said, is a bright England prospect, younger too. But that also means he'd be pricier.

Solano ain't free. He 'll probably cost $8-10M. He's available because Robson didn't like his going away to the Peruvian national team and then returning injured or something.

Besides, I don't think any of the two have it in them to connect with Salgado and match the savvy of the Savio-Roberto Carlos partnership on the other side of the field. I say we either keep Macca or get Lauren, who at least has proven himself in Spain.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Lauren is going to parma, so get used to it :) We have to keep our whole midfield = Guti, Geremi, Macca, Savio, Redondo, Helguera and just buy Zidane as an reinforcemnet. Nothing else is required for our sucess next year...

Dyer is OK, not great. Maybe Joe Cole?

D

·
0 Posts
Lauren is not yet Parma property. The very reason Real Madrid has been involved with him is because they found out that Lauren has nothing signed with Parma yet.

Besides, Real are in good terms with Mallorca. The Mallorca chairman is an in-law of Sanz and this might yet influence what's going to happen in the summer. The latest story is that Eto'o was loaned to Mallorca during the winter and Ivan Campo will be headed back to Mallorca next summer as part of the deal to get either Lauren or Tristan.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Well, it certainly would be hgreat news if we could sell Campo and get Diego Tristan in return. IMO Diego is the new Raul in spanish football. He is 23 and he is VERY< VERY goog, so bring him in Sanz not Lauren, although he wouldn't be too bad either.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Lauren is Parma property.He has stated that "I look forward to Seria A" and Parma consider him a done move...I cant see anything ruin the transfer.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

D

·
0 Posts
I agree Tristan is very good. I wouldn't compare him to Raul though. To quote something I read somewhere, "Rauls only come once a generation!" Tristan is more like Morientes, I think, both good finishers.

Amoroso, if you insist Lauren's Parma property, then OK, OK?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Raul does come once in a lifetime, but still Diego is very good. Dunno if it's worht buying him though, because he'll be the 4th choice - a waste of talent.

D

·
0 Posts
Perhaps, Tristan will only come if Anelka is sold or loaned out. The board of directors must be losing sleep deciding on what to do with Nicolas!

P.S.
Real must be planning to sell pretty much every one of their right wingers! Macca is now rumored with Leeds, Geremi with Galatasaray, Karembeu with Chelsea. Eto'o and Ognjenovic are also said to be on the transfer list. I understand Karembeu wants to leave and I could stomach Macca leaving (I'd like to have him stay, but I guess Sanz is just being a good businessman by getting someone free and then selling him the season after), but I do not understand why Madrid would sell Geremi, Eto'o and Ognjenovic. They're all very young (20, 22, 23 respectively) and have a lot of potential!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
If you said it two weeks ago, I would cheer for it. But now, I think Macca should stay. He seems to turn back to his best form now. Geremi isn't a real winger as Macca. But if all of them leave, who do we still have now? It won't be true, how can we keep on top after selling so many players? "smart" Mr. Sanz??? I just hope him not to be too stupid...smart is far from him. If he didn't intend to spend much after the season, he should keep all our young and good players. If he want money, I'd rather that he sell Anelka by a cheap price than to sell Ognjenovic or Eto'o...they are from B team, it won't bring us much money, but one day when they show up as our rivals and beat us...that will be horrible...

[This message has been edited by real player (edited 14-04-2000).]

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
It seems that either Macca or Ger will go. Macca is adament that he wants to prove himself in Spain. He would not go to Leeds trust me. Ger will go if he doesn't get in.

Dyer would be a great buy but Newcastle only just bought him and Robbo will never sell him. He is better than Solano now nd ill get better.

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

1 - 12 of 12 Posts