Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i m not talking about derbies...or any big games...i m talking in general...every time when i watch a serie a game, nearly none is sold out...u can see so many empty seats...no matter it is a home game of a big team...or small team...u see lots of empty seats...i even heard that juve has pretty low attendance... :yuck: where are those season ticket holders?

i m not a football expert...and i don't analyze things and football business...stuffs like that...but u can see that compare to la liga, EPL, or bundesliga...most of their games get sold out...hardly there is a seat u can find...even the small teams...guys going nuts...a full house...but serie a...

so whats up with that? the league commissioner gotta do something...

·
Registered
32,693 Posts
- Miserable facilities.
- Poor marketing (internet-shopping? Forget it).
- Regulations on buying tickets coupled with above.
- Berlusconi getting the Italians hooked up on Tv.

The "ultra problem" falls under the facilities/marketing cathegories.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I dont know, maybe stadiums are at fault(partly)? In bundesliga, la liga and epl stadiums are better imo, im not talking about capacity, but real football stadiums(without running tracks)

·
Registered
32,693 Posts
The FIGC commisioner made a statement just the other day that clubs and authorities shouldn't wait for a gift from heaven (Euro 2012...).

...but the situation is sort of jammed. Authorities own the grounds and the club are both to poor and too short-sighted buy them and develop them.

Arsenal and Valencia, etc., are in real estate now, selling their old grounds so as to finance the new one. Not in Italy.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guys going crazy about EPL and la liga...i don't see why serie a can't be as popular as them...at times, i watch EPL and la liga...not too much...mostly tottenham and some big games...EPL is fun and exciting to watch because of the rhythm of the games...la liga is also good and entertaining...but i don't really see serie a is inferior than them...

gotta bring the fans back to the games...not just sit in front of TV (i mean those people in italy)...just like bring people back to the cinemas despite that we have DVDs...i don't know...but they really gotta do something...

·
Registered
32,693 Posts
Good analogy there with the cinemas.

Comfortable armchairs vs. near-empty Olimpico...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i were in milan, i would go to the game every week...i don't understand...if people really support the team, why can't they go to the stadium to watch and show their support for their team? are the tickets really expensive??? if teams in EPL/la liga sell out every game, why serie a can't do the same.? at least, try to put some butts on the seats...

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
if i were in milan, i would go to the game every week...i don't understand...if people really support the team, why can't they go to the stadium to watch and show their support for their team? are the tickets really expensive??? if teams in EPL/la liga sell out every game, why serie a can't do the same.? at least, try to put some butts on the seats...
Because its cheaper to watch the game on tv than buy a ticket for the match.

Now I am not 100% sure here but one Italian interisti told me in Italy they get these mediaset chips for specific games which you can buy per game which works out cheaper than a match ticket. You then don't have to subscribe but you just buy them for the inter games if you are an interisti.

Not 100% sure if that information is correct but that could explain it.

·
Registered
16,158 Posts
the Italian economy, from my conversations with Italians, which are frequent, is by all accounts abysmal

wages, compared to those where I live or the UK for example, are atrocious

if I was on 300 Euro a week the last thing I'd be doing is spending my hard earned cash on watching a football match

also there used to be 7 wealthy, top quality sides in Serie A

hopefully the quality and strength of Roma and Fiorentina will now bring the league back to the incredible levels of competitiveness of say, the mid 90s when Juve, Milan, Inter and Parma were all winning European trophies and Lazio, Fiorentina and Roma had excellent sides

Serie A now has the potential IMO to reach that level again within maybe 3 or 4 years

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes...it is kinda to see parma go down to serie B...hopefully, they will be back to serie A soon...but on the other hand, it's good to see napoli do well...we need more great teams in serie A...

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Its going to take a few years before Italian clacio gets back to a higher level .. Because besides the EPL, La Liga is doing good , the Bundesliga is really coming under strong and stable , Frances league has recieved a chas injection from their recent TV deal ... and they get a boat load of french language talent from africa ) as well ..

its a lot of things, and I think right now Italian football must start building on a foundation for the future .. thi would be the right time ..

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Milano is not exactly a poor city... Obviously many football fans are workers but it's also a big city and should be able to attract enough people even from the middle class.

Even as a Parma fan I say that without Tanzi or another tycoon, Parma won't be able to compete.

Serie A has 3 (guess who) natural giants and 2 (Roma, Viola) other clubs that can be considered "big". Behind these there are a good bunch of clubs now with Palermo, Sampdoria, Udinese and Lazio leading the line. Torino, Napoli and Genoa also have potential.

Look at EPL and La Liga. How many top clubs do they have? More than five? I don't think so... EPL is regarded by many as so competitive, but yet it's always the same 2-3 clubs winning it. The same in Spain. It's nearly always Real or Barca.

I really don't think there's anything wrong with the competition in Serie A. It will improve also now with Juventus back and Roma having a really exciting generation growing up.

Money is not really a problem either. The three giants will always have enough money to compete with Europe's elite. Right now Roma is doing well with limited funds... The pack behind these clubs won't be competing successfully in the CL. But Tottenham or Aston Villa wouldn't do that either...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts