Xtratime Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
SI, you really have to resist the urge to post every random thought in your head. Maybe follow your own advice from the CZ thread:

We have to worry about ourselves and not get triggered so easily by our disruptive neighbors. We have to grow as a nation and leave them in our shadow.
It's too bad that was posted after this horrible thread was created though :lol: :facepalm:

I'm not necessarily suggesting anything but if this thread could somehow disappear, I think this forum would be better off :smile_ani:

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Marko Grujić

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
SI, you really have to resist the urge to post every random thought in your head. Maybe follow your own advice from the CZ thread:

It's too bad that was posted after this horrible thread was created though :lol: :facepalm:

I'm not necessarily suggesting anything but if this thread could somehow disappear, I think this forum would be better off :smile_ani:

Mate, I didn't realize I triggered the catholic Serb blood in you :howler:

If you take this thread and forum seriously, then you have to question what is the purpose of your life. It's an internet forum. Why so serious? :x

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You are comparing the absolute, best-case scenarios (very unlikely) of each one of our players to the established and proven careers of some of the Cro players like Modric, Rakitic, Mandzukic, etc. How often have seen our players get coined as the "best talent since...", "next-piksi", and turn into an average player? We've seen it time and time again. It's best to have realistic expectations and avoid the inevitable disappointment that Serbian senior NT football has been since the break-up.
These aren't 10,12,14,16 year old wonderkids. The players I listed are at least 20 years old and most are established players in Europe. Thus, the likelihood of them reaching their potential is very good. SMS, Zivkovic, Milenkovic, Gacinovic and Nastasic are already playing at a very high level in Europe.

This Croatian squad isn't anything special apart from Modric, Rakitic and Perisic. If you don't think SMS, Zivkovic, Milenkovic and CO can reach the level of this Croatian squad then you're delusional. We just need luck on our side with a good draw like they had. Way too many people over-rating this Croatian squad for no valid reason at all. They showed heart and had a lucky draw. Big deal. They wouldn't have made the quarters on the other side of the draw.

The making of this thread is just for sh*ts and giggles. To be quite honest, it was supposed to in the Wild East subforum as a placeholder for the future but I guess I somehow made it here. Oh well. Didn't realize I'd trigger so many Serbians. Some of you must be hiding your catholic Serb blood :howler:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
D+E+L+U+D+E+D beat Switzerland/Kosovo MK II before claiming world domination, not a single serb player is on par or has the potential to better their Croatian rival in te same position, and if you are so wonderful some of this should have shown this world cup already after all SMS is already worth billions, WHY NO RESULT????

I know a few years back here at XT there was lots of talk of Serbia's EE Galactico team with Vidic, Matic etc. once again they achieved absolutely nothing. Why would this change? As a matter of fact in NT football you have a loser mentality, Croatia are more than just the sum of all different parts, they played as a unified TEAM, they were willing to outwork their opponents and are technically far more gifted than credited but most importantly their mentality in this WC has changed, they NEVER GIVE UP, only referee blunders like the final of the WC gifting FRance 2 goals was able to finish us off, and that after we played three matches for 120 minutes and had 1 day less rest than France -and we still dominated play and had more attempts on goal.
SMS? You mean an inexperienced 23 year old who is just taking that next step in his career and the World Cup was his first time playing with the NT SMS? Get real. Mate, Modric was still playing with Dinamo Zagreb at that same age. GTFOH :howler:

That Serbia team was garbage. The defense was great with Vidic, Ivanovic, Kolarov and Subotic. The problem was there were no creative midfielders in the team like this upcoming generation has. There was not a single quality striker in our squad. Mitrovic is already solid and Jovic is considered one of the best young strikers in the world.

Blah blah blah. Mate, you had the easiest draw in the world and you were almost knocked out by Denmark, Russia and a young inexperienced English squad. Face the reality. you had the best draw of any team in world cup history. Has nothing to do with your squad. Heart doesn't win championships. It can contribute but skill wins it 10/10 times. Otherwise Kosovo will win the next world cup and we are all f*cked :devil2::howler:

Yes, we have such a loser mentality that we have more titles in football than you will ever have hahaha

Perisic is good , LOL weren't you lot going on and oooon about Lazar Markoivc, the serb Messi a few years back, what ever happened to him I wonder? You are talking utter tripe honestly, you don't even have it in you to be a little respectful of Croatia's achievement, I know it HURTS however the reality is we have made it into the final of the WC, next time its GOLD! Neka pati kome smeta ...
If you go back in the threads, you will see that we all knew Markovic wouldn't amount to anything if he couldn't develop a killer instinct for scoring goals. All he had was speed. Very overrated. Nobody here thought he was Messi. You need to stop watching his YouTube videos :howler:

Tell me, how far do you think you would have made it if you were on the other side of the draw and had to face Brazil, France, or Belgium before making it through the quarters :wink2:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts