Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, why am I making this thread?
It's pretty simple. I'd like to rub it in our Catholic Serb neighbors' face when we end up winning a Euro or WC and not just finishing as runner ups like their inferior asses did :howler:
#LoserMentality

Ok, so let's do this fast and painless.

Croatia:

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5b6d3e33138c092e24abe16d

Serbia

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5b6d3f76138c092e24abe171

Breaking it down individually by position:

GK:
Subasic vs Svilar
Svilar has apparently already committed to playing for Serbia which is why I chose him here. Though, you could make a case that Dmitrovic and Rajkovic will project to be better than Subasic anyways. Svilar already plays for a bigger club than Subasic. Has massive potential and knowing how well Benfica develop their players, he's going to be one of the best keepers in the world. Rajkovic won the golden glove at the U20 world cup and is waiting for a big move to Europe. Dmitrovic is being sought after by Barcelona as their back-up keeper and he's already very well established in Spain.
Winner: Serbia

LB:
Strinic vs Bogosavac
Strinic is at the end of his career and was subbed out in most of the games. Average LB though did a solid job at this world cup. Won't see many minutes at AC Milan but nonetheless, not as good of a potential as Bogosavac. Shifty LB. Plays in and out. Very fast. Firey little redhead. Quick and extremely composed in the back. Highly sought after in Italy and Germany.

LCB:
Nastasic vs Vida
Could have easily put Veljkovic here as well but I think I'll leave Nastasic for now. Either way, Serbia wins here easily. Vida is a seljak who drives tractors for a living and happens to know how to head a ball out here and there and isn't afraid of getting physical. He's the same equivalent to a Dusko Tosic from Serbia, trash. Nastasic heads one of the best defensive teams in the world, Schalke. If it wasn't for injuries holding him back, he'd be one of the most renown CB's in the world. Shame.

RCB
Milenkovic vs Lovren
This one isn't even fair. Milenkovic is the best young CB in the world. Projected to be even better than Nemanja f*cking Vidic. Lovren does play at Liverpool but is prone to many errors in his career. Fiorentina rejected 40 million Milenkovic from Juventus and A. Madrid. He's the clear favorite here and might even be the vocal leader of the squad.

RB:
Vrsaljko vs Gajic
This is probably the weakest position for Serbia and the strongest in defense for Croatia. Gajic is great going forward and has regained his starting spot at Bordeaux but I think Vrsaljko gets the nod here and it's not really close to be fair.
Winner: Croatia

CM/DM:
Kovacic vs Racic
You guys don't really play with a traditional DM. It's either Kovacic or Brozovic on the position opposite to Rakitic depending on the matchup so I'lll just go with your BPA. Some of you might be surprise here but if you follow football, you won't be surprised...Racic wins. Just transferred to Valencia and is an immediate hit this summer. Will see plenty of playing time in his first season. He's a mix of Matic and SMS. Extremely good at winning the ball back and a great deep lying playmaker as well. Valencia has set a 100 million release clause for him. Kovacic has had years to prove himself at Real and never broke through even with an aging Modric. He's going to try to revive his career at Chelsea on loan but I have a feeling he will be benched there too. He's a limited player who only knows how to hold the ball. Not a scorer, average passer (just short passes), and bad defense. Clear winner here.
Winner: Racic

CM:
Rakitic vs Lukic
Rakitic has had a prolific career with A. Madrid and then Barcelona. He's a top notch player, world class. I can only hope Lukic becomes anywhere near as good as him. This round goes to Rakitic but I also think Lukic has the potential to beat out Rakitic as IMO he's got even more potential than SMS. A stupendous talent. Maybe more of a mix of Modric/Kovacic than Rakitic but still a lot of potential. Could have put Gacinovic, L. Ilic, or Maksimovic here but I think Lukic is the biggest talent of them all.
Winner: Rakitic

CAM:
Modric vs SMS
Battle of the greats. I guess Modric plays multiple positions and IMO SMS is best at SS or CAM but he can do CM one day as well. Either way, it will be tough to beat out Modric who has had a miraculous career with Real and Croatia. Golden Ball winner at the WC (granted, Griezmann deserved it more). Multiple title runs with Real. Might even win Ballon D'or who knows. Greatest athlete from Croatia ever. SMS is a big X factor. He's already world class. The most expensive player ever from Yugoslavia. His potential is above Modric's but will he reach it? Personally, I think so but I won't be a hypocrite. I'll call this one even just based on skill vs skill but not exactly career achievements. I doubt many teams will win 3 CL's in a row like Real did. That's just insane. But it was because of Ronaldo, not Modric, so hard to judge here. If anyone can match Modric's career, it would have to be SMS.
Winner: Tie

LW:
Perisic vs Radonjic
This is another close one. Radonjic has much more potential than Perisic which says a lot considering Perisic is nearly world class if not there already. Radonjic keeps impressing me more and more with every game that passes. Kid is hungry. He will most likely be Zvezda's biggest player since Vidic. He's got a lot more room to grow which is very impressive. If Radonjic, reaches his full potential, I think it's clear he will be the better player, which again, is very impressive! I highly rate Perisic and personally think he was your best player at the World Cup. He came up big lated in the tournament. Relentless in every way imaginable on the pitch. I have to give the edge to him until Radonjic proves it in a bigger league. I def think Radonja has more potential though.
Winner: Perisic

RW:
Rebic vs Zivkovic
This one is very easy for me. Rebic is extremely overrated. I think he was your worst performer in your starting 11. He's too big to be a winger but lacks a killer goal scorers instinct to play as a forward. He plays positionless football which I hate more than anything. He fit well into your system but personally, I think he's massively overrated. The fact that nobody wanted to pay more than 30 million for him this summer including his own Croatian coach at Bayern Munich says a lot. On the other hand, Zivkovic has the potential to be the best player from Serbia. Not only that but best winger in the world potential. He's a massive talent. One we haven't had since Piksi. He can play all over the pitch but mostly plays on the wings because he can cut but also has one of the best crosses I've ever seen. Puts it right on the forward's head. Massive potential but last season he was already the best player for Benfica by far and there was interest from Arsenal for 60 million (release clause) but Benfica still think he hasn't reached his peak with them yet and I agree. This is an easy pick.
Winner: Zivkovic

FW
Mandzukic vs Jovic
Manduzkic is a great player. Very very limited in what he does but is world class at poaching. When he played with the best midfield in the world at Bayern, he was scoring goals left and right. It's Bayern's system like they do with Lewandowski. He's lost his footing since then and has proven that he's a product of the system. He had that system again with Croatia behind Modric and Perisic who did well utilizing him up front. Again, I just don't think this one is even close. Jovic already had 10 goals in the Bundesliga last season and barely played. Other 20 year olds in the world that scored that many goals in a top 4 league are worth 50+ million on the transfermarkt. That's more than what Manduzkic has ever been worth. Jovic isn't just a poacher, even though he's excellent at it; he's brilliant on the counter as well. Very fast and direct. Links up nicely with other players on the pitch and gets a lot of assists too. I wouldn't be surprised if he got sold to Bayern after this season if Lewandowski moves on. He's one of the best talents at the FW position in the world.
Winner: Jovic

Serbia: 7 wins/ 1 draw/ 3 losses
Croatia: 3 wins/ 1 draw/ 7 losses

It's pretty clear and evident that Serbia has a much stronger golden generation coming through the ranks than Croatia. This Croatian team is a product of 3 great players (Modric, Rakitic and Perisic) and a whole lot of luck that the world hasn't seen before. I've never seen a draw open up like that for a football team. It was well deserved as I think Croatia should have beat Portugal at the Euros and who knows what would have happened after that. Probably another loss to France in the finals. A very mediocre display by them as they had to go to overtime in almost every game and had to fight to come back against inferior teams like the Danish and Russians, surprisingly.
On the other hand, this Serbian generation has won the U19 Euros and U20 World Cup. An extremely bright future ahead of them and when we break them down individually, it's quite evident we are superior at almost every position except 3 and equal on one position though that is to be determined. I have no doubt that if this upcoming Serbian generation has the same type of draw in the future, we'll win a world cup or euro. I am guaranteeing that and I can't wait to reflect on this post when it happens.

The prophet has spoken 0:)

·
dinamo67
9,044 Posts
Man you have us on your mind 24/7. Must sting that we are WC finalists while you can only dream of achieving something like that.

Keep #Losermentality while we made the finals and you were knocked out of the GS. Makes sense.

Real Madrid winning the CL was not just because of Ronaldo. In fact the guy disappeared in pretty much every one of those CL finals while Modric was a key player in all of them.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh it's not because of the top 3 greatest player to ever play the game
Dude has 450 goals in like 436 games for Real and you're saying he disappeared in games hahahahah
Mate, were you born stupid or did you hit your head too many times falling off the tractor drunk off of Serbian Rakija?

P.S

This is a placeholder for the next Euros or WC where we will inevitably win gold.
We don't choke in finals when we get there like you guys do
:howler:

#whoisyourdaddy?
#SerbsAre
#CatholicSerbsTriggered
#SerbsHaveAWinningMentality

Get Triggered Mate :D

·
Registered
27,238 Posts
Perisic vs Radonjic is a complete mismatch at this point. I'd be surprised If Radonjic has half the success of Perisic.

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
Croatia's golden generation was quite interesting. In its initial stages, I remember Kranjcar didn't survive post Euro 2008. Corluka wasn't as good as projected but was still able to stick around up this point. I wish Serbia the best of wishes, I just hope they don't change too many coaches this time around. Assuming this is a legit golden generation, they need to maintain focus, get experience, keep the chemistry and avoid bad locker room situations.

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
the moniker "golden" can only be legitimately applied to a generation looking back on what they achieved and not looking forward assuming that they will realise their potential

for me, Perisic is underrated

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Perisic is very good.

Nonetheless, Radonjic has more potential.

Will he reach it? Who knows. He's at least progressing nicely. Needs to do something in a top 4 league before I consider him a good player.

Rebic is ridiculously overrated. Even people at Eintracht think so. Coach is preferring Gacinovic over Rebic at the moment because Rebic doesn't get back on defense.

Anyhow, nobody in their right mind would pick this Croatian side to reach the finals if they were on the other side of the draw. The heavens opened up for them and it worked out nicely for them. Won't happen again.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the moniker "golden" can only be legitimately applied to a generation looking back on what they achieved and not looking forward assuming that they will realise their potential
Take that up with the person who coined "golden generation"
I didn't make it.

Also, if you think winning U19 euros, U20 world (potentially U21 euros as well and Olympics are an option too) isn't a form of "achievement/success" then you're delusional :devil2:

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
Take that up with the person who coined "golden generation"
I didn't make it.

Also, if you think winning U19 euros, U20 world (potentially U21 euros as well and Olympics are an option too) isn't a form of "achievement/success" then you're delusional :devil2:
my issue wasn't with whoever coined the term but who was at present applying such an adjective to a generation with obvious potential but that has achieved nothing at senior level

you are having some fun with the Croats, fair enough... much like Ante's fascination with other people's tears... but perhaps give it a rest now

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my issue wasn't with whoever coined the term but who was at present applying such an adjective to a generation with obvious potential but that has achieved nothing at senior level

you are having some fun with the Croats, fair enough... much like Ante's fascination with other people's tears... but perhaps give it a rest now
My point still stands. Take it up with the person who coined it. He based it off of youth results not A-team results.

Also, you don't see me going into your "history" threads and telling you to stop living in the past :wink2:

I don't know what Croats are. Just catholic Serbs :devil2:

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Would be great if this new gen achieve success with the senior NT, especially after the u-20 success.

However it is the same cycle as before where have had some big talents who have turned to shit, infact countless names. I would be happy with qualifying for ECs and WCs and get out the group stages in the next 1 or 2 tournies, with some wins vs the big teams. I dont speculate about what may happen in the future anymore. You never know.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
First, why am I making this thread?
It's pretty simple. I'd like to rub it in our Catholic Serb neighbors' face when we end up winning a Euro or WC and not just finishing as runner ups like their inferior asses did :howler:
#LoserMentality

Ok, so let's do this fast and painless.

Croatia:

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5b6d3e33138c092e24abe16d

Serbia

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5b6d3f76138c092e24abe171

Breaking it down individually by position:

GK:
Subasic vs Svilar
Svilar has apparently already committed to playing for Serbia which is why I chose him here. Though, you could make a case that Dmitrovic and Rajkovic will project to be better than Subasic anyways. Svilar already plays for a bigger club than Subasic. Has massive potential and knowing how well Benfica develop their players, he's going to be one of the best keepers in the world. Rajkovic won the golden glove at the U20 world cup and is waiting for a big move to Europe. Dmitrovic is being sought after by Barcelona as their back-up keeper and he's already very well established in Spain.

LB:
Strinic vs Bogosavac
Strinic is at the end of his career and was subbed out in most of the games. Average LB though did a solid job at this world cup. Won't see many minutes at AC Milan but nonetheless, not as good of a potential as Bogosavac. Shifty LB. Plays in and out. Very fast. Firey little redhead. Quick and extremely composed in the back. Highly sought after in Italy and Germany.

LCB:
Nastasic vs Vida
Could have easily put Veljkovic here as well but I think I'll leave Nastasic for now. Either way, Serbia wins here easily. Vida is a seljak who drives tractors for a living and happens to know how to head a ball out here and there and isn't afraid of getting physical. He's the same equivalent to a Dusko Tosic from Serbia, trash. Nastasic heads one of the best defensive teams in the world, Schalke. If it wasn't for injuries holding him back, he'd be one of the most renown CB's in the world. Shame.

RCB
Milenkovic vs Lovren
This one isn't even fair. Milenkovic is the best young CB in the world. Projected to be even better than Nemanja f*cking Vidic. Lovren does play at Liverpool but is prone to many errors in his career. Fiorentina rejected 40 million Milenkovic from Juventus and A. Madrid. He's the clear favorite here and might even be the vocal leader of the squad.

RB:
Vrsaljko vs Gajic
This is probably the weakest position for Serbia and the strongest in defense for Croatia. Gajic is great going forward and has regained his starting spot at Bordeaux but I think Vrsaljko gets the nod here and it's not really close to be fair.
Winner: Croatia

CM/DM:
Kovacic vs Racic
You guys don't really play with a traditional DM. It's either Kovacic or Brozovic on the position opposite to Rakitic depending on the matchup so I'lll just go with your BPA. Some of you might be surprise here but if you follow football, you won't be surprised...Racic wins. Just transferred to Valencia and is an immediate hit this summer. Will see plenty of playing time in his first season. He's a mix of Matic and SMS. Extremely good at winning the ball back and a great deep lying playmaker as well. Valencia has set a 100 million release clause for him. Kovacic has had years to prove himself at Real and never broke through even with an aging Modric. He's going to try to revive his career at Chelsea on loan but I have a feeling he will be benched there too. He's a limited player who only knows how to hold the ball. Not a scorer, average passer (just short passes), and bad defense. Clear winner here.
Winner: Racic

CM:
Rakitic vs Lukic
Rakitic has had a prolific career with A. Madrid and then Barcelona. He's a top notch player, world class. I can only hope Lukic becomes anywhere near as good as him. This round goes to Rakitic but I also think Lukic has the potential to beat out Rakitic as IMO he's got even more potential than SMS. A stupendous talent. Maybe more of a mix of Modric/Kovacic than Rakitic but still a lot of potential. Could have put Gacinovic, L. Ilic, or Maksimovic here but I think Lukic is the biggest talent of them all.
Winner: Rakitic

CAM:
Modric vs SMS
Battle of the greats. I guess Modric plays multiple positions and IMO SMS is best at SS or CAM but he can do CM one day as well. Either way, it will be tough to beat out Modric who has had a miraculous career with Real and Croatia. Golden Ball winner at the WC (granted, Griezmann deserved it more). Multiple title runs with Real. Might even win Ballon D'or who knows. Greatest athlete from Croatia ever. SMS is a big X factor. He's already world class. The most expensive player ever from Yugoslavia. His potential is above Modric's but will he reach it? Personally, I think so but I won't be a hypocrite. I'll call this one even just based on skill vs skill but not exactly career achievements. I doubt many teams will win 3 CL's in a row like Real did. That's just insane. But it was because of Ronaldo, not Modric, so hard to judge here. If anyone can match Modric's career, it would have to be SMS.
Winner: Tie

LW:
Perisic vs Radonjic
This is another close one. Radonjic has much more potential than Perisic which says a lot considering Perisic is nearly world class if not there already. Radonjic keeps impressing me more and more with every game that passes. Kid is hungry. He will most likely be Zvezda's biggest player since Vidic. He's got a lot more room to grow which is very impressive. If Radonjic, reaches his full potential, I think it's clear he will be the better player, which again, is very impressive! I highly rate Perisic and personally think he was your best player at the World Cup. He came up big lated in the tournament. Relentless in every way imaginable on the pitch. I have to give the edge to him until Radonjic proves it in a bigger league. I def think Radonja has more potential though.
Winner: Perisic

RW:
Rebic vs Zivkovic
This one is very easy for me. Rebic is extremely overrated. I think he was your worst performer in your starting 11. He's too big to be a winger but lacks a killer goal scorers instinct to play as a forward. He plays positionless football which I hate more than anything. He fit well into your system but personally, I think he's massively overrated. The fact that nobody wanted to pay more than 30 million for him this summer including his own Croatian coach at Bayern Munich says a lot. On the other hand, Zivkovic has the potential to be the best player from Serbia. Not only that but best winger in the world potential. He's a massive talent. One we haven't had since Piksi. He can play all over the pitch but mostly plays on the wings because he can cut but also has one of the best crosses I've ever seen. Puts it right on the forward's head. Massive potential but last season he was already the best player for Benfica by far and there was interest from Arsenal for 60 million (release clause) but Benfica still think he hasn't reached his peak with them yet and I agree. This is an easy pick.
Winner: Zivkovic

FW
Mandzukic vs Jovic
Manduzkic is a great player. Very very limited in what he does but is world class at poaching. When he played with the best midfield in the world at Bayern, he was scoring goals left and right. It's Bayern's system like they do with Lewandowski. He's lost his footing since then and has proven that he's a product of the system. He had that system again with Croatia behind Modric and Perisic who did well utilizing him up front. Again, I just don't think this one is even close. Jovic already had 10 goals in the Bundesliga last season and barely played. Other 20 year olds in the world that scored that many goals in a top 4 league are worth 50+ million on the transfermarkt. That's more than what Manduzkic has ever been worth. Jovic isn't just a poacher, even though he's excellent at it; he's brilliant on the counter as well. Very fast and direct. Links up nicely with other players on the pitch and gets a lot of assists too. I wouldn't be surprised if he got sold to Bayern after this season if Lewandowski moves on. He's one of the best talents at the FW position in the world.
Winner: Jovic

Serbia: 7 wins/ 1 draw/ 3 losses
Croatia: 3 wins/ 1 draw/ 7 losses

It's pretty clear and evident that Serbia has a much stronger golden generation coming through the ranks than Croatia. This Croatian team is a product of 3 great players (Modric, Rakitic and Perisic) and a whole lot of luck that the world hasn't seen before. I've never seen a draw open up like that for a football team. It was well deserved as I think Croatia should have beat Portugal at the Euros and who knows what would have happened after that. Probably another loss to France in the finals. A very mediocre display by them as they had to go to overtime in almost every game and had to fight to come back against inferior teams like the Danish and Russians, surprisingly.
On the other hand, this Serbian generation has won the U19 Euros and U20 World Cup. An extremely bright future ahead of them and when we break them down individually, it's quite evident we are superior at almost every position except 3 and equal on one position though that is to be determined. I have no doubt that if this upcoming Serbian generation has the same type of draw in the future, we'll win a world cup or euro. I am guaranteeing that and I can't wait to reflect on this post when it happens.

The prophet has spoken 0:)
D+E+L+U+D+E+D beat Switzerland/Kosovo MK II before claiming world domination, not a single serb player is on par or has the potential to better their Croatian rival in te same position, and if you are so wonderful some of this should have shown this world cup already after all SMS is already worth billions, WHY NO RESULT????

I know a few years back here at XT there was lots of talk of Serbia's EE Galactico team with Vidic, Matic etc. once again they achieved absolutely nothing. Why would this change? As a matter of fact in NT football you have a loser mentality, Croatia are more than just the sum of all different parts, they played as a unified TEAM, they were willing to outwork their opponents and are technically far more gifted than credited but most importantly their mentality in this WC has changed, they NEVER GIVE UP, only referee blunders like the final of the WC gifting FRance 2 goals was able to finish us off, and that after we played three matches for 120 minutes and had 1 day less rest than France -and we still dominated play and had more attempts on goal.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Perisic is very good.

Nonetheless, Radonjic has more potential.

Will he reach it? Who knows. He's at least progressing nicely. Needs to do something in a top 4 league before I consider him a good player.

Rebic is ridiculously overrated. Even people at Eintracht think so. Coach is preferring Gacinovic over Rebic at the moment because Rebic doesn't get back on defense.

Anyhow, nobody in their right mind would pick this Croatian side to reach the finals if they were on the other side of the draw. The heavens opened up for them and it worked out nicely for them. Won't happen again.
Perisic is good , LOL weren't you lot going on and oooon about Lazar Markoivc, the serb Messi a few years back, what ever happened to him I wonder? You are talking utter tripe honestly, you don't even have it in you to be a little respectful of Croatia's achievement, I know it HURTS however the reality is we have made it into the final of the WC, next time its GOLD! Neka pati kome smeta ...

·
Registered
775 Posts
You are comparing the absolute, best-case scenarios (very unlikely) of each one of our players to the established and proven careers of some of the Cro players like Modric, Rakitic, Mandzukic, etc. How often have seen our players get coined as the "best talent since...", "next-piksi", and turn into an average player? We've seen it time and time again. It's best to have realistic expectations and avoid the inevitable disappointment that Serbian senior NT football has been since the break-up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts