Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking about next season. Here is the possible starting line up, i am assuming no major signing(s), Gourcuff will come back, and Nesta would be ready to play for next season.

-------------------Borriello---------------

Ronaldinho----------Kaka'------------Pato

------------Ambrosini---Gattuso----------

Jankulovski---Kaladze---Nesta---Zambrotta

------------------Abbiati------------------

Notes:

1. Ambrosini, Gattuso and Flamini are definitely in rotation system, Emerson is the 4th option.

2. The "victims" of this system are Pirlo and Seedorf, both of them lack of defensive capabilities IMO, we need pair of "spartanic" DMs. Although i think Seedorf can be backup for kaka' or he can replacing one of our DM if we want more attacking option.

3. Both Pato and Gourcuff are in rotation system.

* Pato is capable for this role ("attacker winger"), he has electric pace, good drible, and he is still young, so he can adapting for this role. And also i expect he can play in the left side for the same role.

* Gourcuff is capable for this role ("attacker winger") i heard he was playing in the right and centre of midfield when he was still in Rennes. And also i expect he can play in the left side for the same role, in centre of midfield (replacing one of our DM for more attacking option), and playing as Trequartista for sure (his ideal role).

So what do you think guys?

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
That's essentially how the portuguese national team plays most of the time (historically, anyway). THe key is to have to wingers to beat defenders and send in crosses. Niether Pato nor Dinho are that player. Def not Dinho. Pato at least has wheels.

It is not a bad idea although I am not sure it works with our avaialble players. If we had FOggia and Abate with us then this becomes possible.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
I don't like it.

Ronaldinho is spoiling everything.
Are you saying this will work if Ronaldinho is dropped with Pato on the left and Gourcuff on the right? :confused:

Borriello
Pato - Kaka - Gourcuff​

Though Borriello can't score even with a truckload of cash in a whore house :wallbang:

·
Scudetto
23,461 Posts
Pato is not a midfielder, thats just what I mean.

If you had Ronaldo from the late nineties, you wouldn't play him wide, would you?

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
So you're now saying Pato is like a Ronaldo of the 90s? :hopeful:

I think it might be a tactic worth trying with Becks :neutral:

Pato
Seedorf - Kaka - Beckham​

Though this is something which will work superbly with Bierhoff :doh:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
You need a target man like Boriello in there for it to work. Perhaps Pato can pull it off with improved heading.

·
Scudetto
23,461 Posts
Pato is actually pretty good with headers. But because he ain't your stereotyped large, tall striker, he doesn't get credit for it.

He actually has the tools to become a complete striker, like Shevchenko was at his peak.

Obviously he has to improve his finishing. But thats why he's training with Inzaghi every day ;)

ilgenio said:
So you're now saying Pato is like a Ronaldo of the 90s? :hopeful:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1708/ac-milan/2008/12/09/1003491/pato-im-the-new-ronaldo

:proud:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THe key is to have to wingers to beat defenders and send in crosses. Niether Pato nor Dinho are that player. Def not Dinho. Pato at least has wheels.
Ronaldinho is just need to repeat his previous role when he was in Barca.

Ronaldinho---Eto'o---Messi

And Pato for Messi.

------------Borriello-------

Ronaldinho---kaka'----Pato

Both Messi and Pato are not midfielder players, but they are capable to play more wide, mixing the role of winger and attacker that's why i call it "attacker winger".

My point is not about 4-2-3-1 it self, it's about how to accomodate all the key players, specially the young one (Pato and Gourcuff), but as i said before there will be "victims" for this system (Pirlo and seedorf).

And i think the 4-2-3-1 system is more balance in every aspects compare to 4-3-2-1/4-3-1-2 system, well that's IMO.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts

And Pato for Messi.

Both Messi and Pato are not midfielder players, but they are capable to play more wide, mixing the role of winger and attacker that's why i call it "attacker winger".

My point is not about 4-2-3-1 it self, it's about how to accomodate all the key players, specially the young one (Pato and Gourcuff), but as i said before there will be "victims" for this system (Pirlo and seedorf).

And i think the 4-2-3-1 system is more balance in every aspects compare to 4-3-2-1/4-3-1-2 system, well that's IMO.

Gourcuff is playing his best at the att mid position, so this formation is good for him. BUT this formation asks for 2 pure DM. So no Pirlo in this formation, only if he is moved up in the field.

We can play an attracktive football with this formation:

Boriello(Sheva/Pippo)
R80(Seedorf)-Kaka(Pirlo/Gourcuff))-Pato(Gourcuff)
Rino(Ambro)-Flamini(Emo:))

·
Registered
27,210 Posts

And Pato for Messi.

THe problem is Ronaldinho was not really playing that wing position anymore with any effectiveness at Barca. That last season he scored more goals than ever but they came from playing around the area (if I recall correctly). Its actually what I would like to see him do more of with us. I don't think he has hte pace or acceleration anymore to make runs from the left like he used to, but he still has plenty of skills to make space for himself and take a shot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts