Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 3 teams that I follow and only one of those can afford Michael Owen. Today I read in Soccerage.com-:

Owen Needs Champions League - Agent

Warning for Liverpool
06/01/2004. Michael Owen's agent Jonathan Holmes has hinted the striker will be forced to consider his future at Liverpool if they fail to qualify for the Champions League.

The 24-year-old only has 18-months left on his contract and has repeatedly been linked with moves to Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea.

Holmes told the Daily Telegraph: "Champions League football is very important to Michael.

"A crucial five months await Liverpool. For them not to qualify for the Champions League two years on the trot would have severe economic repercussions.

"Michael is now 24 and he is moving into his prime. He needs to be playing at the very highest level of club football."

So tell me why don't Man United buy him??

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
If liverpool don't qualify for the champions league this season and Owen wants to leave - I really don't think Liverpool would want to sell him to arch rivals Man U. Similar situation happened with JFH when he was leaving Leeds.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
:howler:

Owen would never want to play for you lot either, so have sweet dreams :D

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Liverpool obviously won't shoot themselves on the foot by selling their best player to us.:rollani:

Besides Owen would prefer a new experience abroad following in the footsteps of beckham with Real being the only likely destination.Wouldn't be bad for us though since we could pick up Ronaldo in the process.;)

V

·
0 Posts
Owen in not good enough for Manchester, he is an overrated player, and Liverpool is at moment his level of club.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Shaf said:
Liverpool obviously won't shoot themselves on the foot by selling their best player to us.:rollani:

Besides Owen would prefer a new experience abroad following in the footsteps of beckham with Real being the only likely destination.Wouldn't be bad for us though since we could pick up Ronaldo in the process.;)
Let's get Raul instead, that would weaken Real much more.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
owen is overrated and always injured..hell most likely go somewhere like real madrid or inter...and i for one couldnt give a sh!t...

get defoe i say!

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Well we are looking for a world class striker but I just can't see Owen leaving Pool to come to Manchester, Real is a much more likely destination IMO.
He is a little overrated as well and hes english meaning he will cost a fortune especially since liverpool are one of our main rivals :(.

·
Registered
368 Posts
owen is not worth playing for man u if you want a striker like him i have better options here get either saviola or defoe but my first choice still remains ronaldo if owen or henry go to madrid then ronaldo surely will ask to be offloaded and we are one of those few clubs that can afford him.in italy inter doesnt want him and milan he wont play for them he isnt needed in juve arsenal can afford liverpool i shouldnt insult ronaldo be mentioning them chelsea will be main rivals but they already have four worldclass strikers and its goijng to be the same story as madrid and barcelona he already played there and has no intention of returning back to them but man u we are good in all aspects arnt we.

·
Registered
811 Posts
*OZ* said:
owen is overrated and always injured..hell most likely go somewhere like real madrid or inter...and i for one couldnt give a sh!t...

get defoe i say!
yeah....that's cause u can't have him.....at least he's better than the diver ruudy:rolleyes:

D

·
0 Posts
super-giggs said:
owen is not worth playing for man u if you want a striker like him i have better options here get either saviola or defoe but my first choice still remains ronaldo if owen or henry go to madrid then ronaldo surely will ask to be offloaded and we are one of those few clubs that can afford him.in italy inter doesnt want him and milan he wont play for them he isnt needed in juve arsenal can afford liverpool i shouldnt insult ronaldo be mentioning them chelsea will be main rivals but they already have four worldclass strikers and its goijng to be the same story as madrid and barcelona he already played there and has no intention of returning back to them but man u we are good in all aspects arnt we.
Manure couldn't afford Ronnie(well they could but the board won't pay it). Only Chelsea and the Milan clubs would pay the money for him

D

·
0 Posts
Vinnie 1983 said:
Owen in not good enough for Manchester, he is an overrated player, and Liverpool is at moment his level of club.
Nonsense, Owen is good enough to play for any team in the world. Real Madrid is the only team he wouldn't walk into.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Owen??? !!!!!
From Liverpool darling to Unitedplayer?! Forget it, Man! That´s ridiculous. :D
Btw I think he (still) is a target for Real Madrid.

D

·
0 Posts
*OZ* said:

get defoe i say!
Defoe is good, but he gets sent off as often as he scores. To compare him to a proven world class player like Owen is ridiculous.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Defoe is good, but he gets sent off as often as he scores. To compare him to a proven world class player like Owen is ridiculous.
Yep bad comaprison, they are light years apart at the moment. Defoe needs to get away from the nationwide and get back into the top flight.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Owen would never leave Liverpool for united. This aint CM.
Owen is a little overrated by the media, but still he is an amazing world class striker.........about the guy who said owen is better than rvn:howler: :howler: :howler: your kidding right???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts