Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is clear for everyone that follows football that the asian market looks really promising, just look how NBA is marketing in China, now even the shortest people in the world think they have a shot at playing in a sport made for human freaks only. Why are the european teams not more willing to accuire asian players to help their economy??

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Morw asians? We already have too many South Americans and Africans... I actually want some Europeans playing in our leagues too :depress:

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
yes off course, we want more Stephan Laybutts, Aurelio Vidmars and Dave Mitchells overhere :happy: :pp

Feyenoord's a club that's tried getting Aussies and players from the orient big time. Some failed (Kim Nam il, Chung Gog Song and the 3 above) while some suceeded (Ono and Emerton). Conclusion we can make, stick to home grown players and only get foreigners when they'll really add something to the side.

It's a myth that there's this huge Asian market waiting there to buy T shirts. As if Japanese people would follow a loser like Kazayuki Toda. *looks at Daniel Levy*

The only two players they really care about and who've been a big commercial success in Europe were Ono at Feyenoord and Nakata during his Perugia (and Roma to a lesser extent) time. Others like Inamoto, Suzuki, Kawaguchi etc hardly improved the bank balances of their European clubs.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
There're not many Asian players in European leagues simply because there're not many good quality Asian players. Asia is big region but if you see the transfer record, most of Asian that made it in Europe is very few and it is always between only 3-4 countries Japan, China, Korea, Iran. What I am trying to say here is, there's huge unbalance between talented players and less-talented players here. In South East Asia, for example, there're still a lot of players playing for big clubs there who can't receive ball with one touch. Players like Karimi and Nakamura are already considered as genius and super rare talent here.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
and the asian football authorities dont market their teams well either..i saw that arab team al ittihad in world club cup and they were very good.....but slowly more players from asia will i think get into europe.....players like park,kim,nakamura r much better than almost all aussies in europe atleast

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
ILA said:
Perhaps inappropriate, but...

:howler: :howler: :howler:

:dielaugh:
i second that :howler: :howler: :howler:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts