Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read in Dailysoccer that Aston Villa had not renewed the contract of Benito Carbone, thus means he's a free agent.Since Salas is probably leaving and Crespo is arriving we need 1 more sriker to make it 5.Carbone could be the best option and he would add real depth to our attack.You probably know everything about the player, played in Napoli and Inter, then switched to Premiership, he was the best player in both Sheffield Wed and Villa - it's true 'cause I watched Premiership a lot this season.He said that he would prefer a move to Italian club.
PRO: He is great finisher, plays with style, Italian,played in England (improved headers - just what we need), not too old (28 I think), he can be on the bench, has a lot of experience, and most important - he doesn't cost a nickle :)
I think he's better than Simone and Rava and he could play a lot of games next season.Also his wage wouldn't be too high.And he would be eager to prove himself in Italy again and try to win a place in national team (if Pippo can play, why can't Carbone).
CONTRA: I can't see any, maybe his reputation as a troublemaker in England but that was probably because he was an Italian in England.
I think this could be great for Lazio - I wish I was president :)
FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Yeah... why not him?? I've seen him play many times with Aston Villa. He's great, and he also versatile (Attacker and also attacking midfielder)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Carbone = a trouble maker, and besides why do you think he is been playing in Premier Sh!t??
Because he is not good enough for any team in Italy.

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
Carbone is good, but personally i wouldn't take any player from the premiership, maybe except for some players.
I wasn't happy when we brought Attilio back from Crystal Palace as well.
I think everyone can make it in this league, but the fact Carbone played for Inter is good.
Nevertheless i think we should get a better striker, a very young striker which will develope in time instead of buying another oldie.
Simone is 24 i think, Rava is 30, we need a young one.

I think another Argentinian will be appropriate.
Maybe Roque Santa Cruz, or Palermo (he's kinda old though), Saviola, we know we can't get Juan Pablo already.

Believe me, we can't miss another argentinian prodigy.

i think it's the best thing to do, buy a 17 or an 18 gifted player and let him ruff up a bit.

Maybew i got out of line here, but i don't want Carbone in Lazio.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just want to be a smartass right now; he´s not even Uruguayian, he´s from Paraguay.

That´s it! Feels much better now!

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
oopsi!!!! I'm such an *******......
sorry.... i got confused there for a moment. Thanks for telling me.
:)

gosh i feel like such a moron at the moment!

Anyway, i would like to see him in Lazio, even if he's Quatarian! hehe

and thanks for telling me Jurgen. GOSH! I'm a jerk!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You think that Carbone does not have a big wage. Well, he turned down Aston Villas offer of £20 000 a week as ridiculous...

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
I thought Carbone already moved to Napoli from Villa? I read it somewhere that it's a done deal :confused:

Anyway, Carbone was actually quite good in Serie A esp. when he played with Inter. I've forgotten why he then moved to the Premiership. Initially he struggled there, yes -the style of Serie A and Premiership is pretty much different - but when he moved to Villa (he struggled in Sheff. Wednesday) he started to revive his form. And he was doing OK.
Actually I think it's rather unfair to condemn the Italians playing in PL as no-gooders. Zola has been doing well there, and di Matteo the ex-Laziale :) has had great performances even though he's not a regular in Chelsea. But usually the Italian coaches tend to overlook these 'overseas' players and that's why none of them have been called up to the national team since they left Serie A. :( And that's why some Italians there (including Zola) have thought of coming back to Serie A to boost their chance of getting back into the national team eventhough they've succeeded there.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Benito Carbone is not the man for Lazio. I know this because as a Villa fan, I watched him lots, and he is too mediocre for Lazio. He was hard working while he was at Villa, but he failed to shine! He too often disappears in a match and is plainly not up to the standard of Lazio! He cannot stamp his authority in a game at a level that Lazio would require, if he could not do this for Villa then how is he to do it for Lazio?! He would not even get past Inzaghino for a starting place! He would also require a big wage, he was demanding £38,000 a week from Villa, and would not accept £30,000. He was not so much a trouble maker at Villa until the wage negoations went sour, but he can stick the boot in at the wrong time, doesn;t have a lot of dressing room spirit!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
I forgot to comment about the Carbone-Lazio part...Here I'm quite certain that he's not that good for Lazio, unless he can miraculously perform better than he did when he was with Inter a few years back!
I said he's done quite well in Villa because I'm comparing with his time in Sheffield Wednesday. He did improve! Still, after seeing the rise (and decline) of Carbone for almost a decade, I believe he's no longer cut out for the best teams. But he's with Napoli anyway now (I pressume). Perhaps he can do better there than he did in PL? We'll see...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts