Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

my question is:

Why Fernando “Nando” Muñoz Garcia join to our rival Real Madrid in 1992?

On free transfers? Dispute with Cruyff?

Please answer my question.

Greeting

Motta#23

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I was wondering... who is Nando? When he was in the final of Wembley!!! I can't recall very well what happened with him. I think that he finished his contract or he was on loan... really, I can't recall what happened with him. Maybe someone older can tell you something else. I don't think that he had a bad relationship with Cruyff though.

He didn't do anything special in Madrid. If I'm not wrong he played in Espanyol too later.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Koeman4 said:
I was wondering... who is Nando? When he was in the final of Wembley!!! I can't recall very well what happened with him. I think that he finished his contract or he was on loan... really, I can't recall what happened with him. Maybe someone older can tell you something else. I don't think that he had a bad relationship with Cruyff though.

He didn't do anything special in Madrid. If I'm not wrong he played in Espanyol too later.
Yes I chatter about Nando, him with Barca on Wembley...

Linket: http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=40053/dbid=1706/typeofpage=40054/sc=cb08c9

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Catire said:
He was benched by Cruyff, and decided to join Real.
Are you from Denmark, Catire?

Thanks for your answer.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Catire said:
He was benched by Cruyff, and decided to join Real.
Are you sure of this? In the link that you provided it says that he played 29 matches out of 38. That means that he played many times.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Koeman4 said:

Wasn't he playing in the basketball team? I'm really mixing up the names here. Sorry, Motta23, I don't have any memories of this person at all.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Nando went without any fuss and was never booed or anything. He was a very reliable right back or right half abeit a bit slow. In a 3 man defence there wasn't much room for him as Ferrer reached his peak, Koeman was in the middle and Cruyff had just signed Pablo Alfaro (yes, that Pablo). He also played occasionally on the left but there wasn't much room either because we had the excellent Juan Carlos and then bit by bit, Cruyff turned Jon Andoni Goicoetxea into a very effective full back. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think Alexanko had one last blast in 92-93 too.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
And of course we had the most versatile player you can imagine, the uncle of the Davis Cup Champion Rafa Nadal. Miguel Angel Nadal: one of the most popular players ever to wear a Barça shirt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts