Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea skipper John Terry has accused Bayern Munich's Michael Ballack of diving after the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final.

The Blues won 4-2 but Ballack gave his side a lifeline when he won a late penalty which he stroked home.

"We felt that the referee should have been on to Ballack as he was doing it all night," said Terry.

"There's taking the mickey and there's taking the mickey and I think that's what he's done."

He added: "It was a harsh decision. I've seen it again four or five times and every time it wasn't a penalty.

"We'd worked our socks off to get that three-goal lead so we're disappointed it was thrown away by a terrible decision from the referee.

"He wasn't listening all night. Not only Ballack, but a few of their players were diving and that's disappointing to see.

"That's not what we're about in England and it's disappointing to see teams come over here and do that."

We won't under-estimate Bayern as we know what they did to Arsenal at home

Eidur Gudjohnsen echoed Terry's stance about the penalty and when asked whether Ballack dived to get the penalty answered: "Yes.

"It's a good result for us but it should've been 4-1 in my opinion and a lot of opinions in the dressing room.

"They got a very cheap penalty and in games like this you feel very hard done by.

"We are obviously delighted with a result like that but you can't help but feel a little bit disappointed because it is a big difference being 4-1 and 4-2 going into the second leg.

:D

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Because Lampard is crap, send him to Pompey. :)

Whats funny as well is that Huth looked like he was going to knock Ballack out after that dive. :howler: Would be strange to see him in the team after their reaction to him. I'm sure Jose will suddenly condone it for Chelsea though as he does with Cole and Robben.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Jern you are jealous. Just because you have to stick with Ljunberg and some 16 year olds next season, while Chelsea gets perhaps the best allround midfielder out there.. I think if they get him they will be unstoppable next year, and I think you have the same feeling aswell.

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
Marc said:
Because Lampard is crap, send him to Pompey. :)

Whats funny as well is that Huth looked like he was going to knock Ballack out after that dive. :howler: Would be strange to see him in the team after their reaction to him. I'm sure Jose will suddenly condone it for Chelsea though as he does with Cole and Robben.

and.. John Terry? :mute:;):pp

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Culéd said:
Nah, John Terry isn't as crap as Lampard.... he should go to Newcastle or something.

Make a thread if you want to talk about it so much, instead of trolling. :thumbsup:

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Culéd said:
It's not trolling, it was following the lead of the Inquisitor. :)
Following a user around to repeat the same things is trolling. ;)

Why would they want that diver anyway?? :glasses:
Because he can get players sent off for them, which will allow Ballack more room to dive for pens. Teams won't know what hit them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I guess:

----------Makelele--------
Lampard --------- Ballack

Amazing.

Mourinho only wants him for the same reason he wanted SWP- to weaken his rivals.

He already has Essien and Gudjohnsen for that position to play alongside Lampard, it's pure greed.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CarlosMiguel said:
Here's a question.

Will Ballack and Lampard be as questioned as Gerrard and Lampard for England?

Two great players will make it work, but how will it work?

they have Makelele though.

the question marks will come for Essien though, will he be happy to be a benchwarmer or will he be the next £20m man to be loaned to Serie A?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

the question marks will come for Essien though, will he be happy to be a benchwarmer or will he be the next £20m man to be loaned to Serie A?
:D

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

Actually, in my view Makelele will make room for Essien. It has to be that way. Youth will be served in this case.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts