Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Milan are awesome because they have the best defense, midfield, and attack in the game right now.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Chemistry is the biggest reason they are awesome many teams have great players but they cant seem to play together like Milan can right now :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
rapid said:
they wont be so awesome next year when cafu and maldini retire tho , there hasnt been much progress for finding their replacements ;)
First, you are right. Milan have to find good replacement for Cafu and Maldini, especially Cafu. Since Milan don't play wingers ( none of seedorf-pirlo-gattuso-kaka are wingers), attacking wingback are really important to Milan. Therefore to find a good replacement for Cafu is the highest priority.

Second, the situation is not as bad as you said.
We have Kaladze (27 yrs) to cover LB position. He is not a star, but he is a good and reliable player, has a decent cross but overall not very good at attacking. He is a player you can trust in big games since he is calm and rarely makes mistakes. In addition, we most certainly signed Jankulovski as our new LB, who is a great player.

As for CB, nesta is 29 yrs old, not old for CB. Stam IMO has at least two good years left. San Paolo can play too. And Kaladze is a versatile player, he can play CB too. So it won't be a problem next season, but after that Milan need to find a top class new CB.

The biggest problem is RB, a good replacement for Cafu. I'm sure Milan management is working on this.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Andy said:
Milan are awesome because they have the best defense, midfield, and attack in the game right now.
If there is anything I want Milan to improve, it's our wing play.
We lack players who can attack from the wing. Now we heavily rely on Cafu, who is 35 yrs old, in addition , we don't have a good replacement. If Cafu is injured, then it will be a big problem for Milan attacking. In this sense, Cafu is similar to Pirlo, as they are not replaceable in the team.

If I could have one ex-milan player in this Milan team, it would be Roberto Donadoni. Then Milan would be complete. :D

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Genjuro said:
If there is anything I want Milan to improve, it's our wing play.
We lack players who can attack from the wing. Now we heavily rely on Cafu, who is 35 yrs old, in addition , we don't have a good replacement. If Cafu is injured, then it will be a big problem for Milan attacking. In this sense, Cafu is similar to Pirlo, as they are not replaceable in the team.

If I could have one ex-milan player in this Milan team, it would be Roberto Donadoni. Then Milan would be complete. :D
Improve the wing play? I don't think you need to do that because everything looks to be fine at the moment. The player you could use to improve the wings would be Jankulovski for left-back instead of Kaladze.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Andy said:
Improve the wing play? I don't think you need to do that because everything looks to be fine at the moment. The player you could use to improve the wings would be Jankulovski for left-back instead of Kaladze.
Maybe I just want too much :D
Jankulovski will be an awesome signing. He will improve our left wing, but Cafu, who knows how good he will be? After all, he will be 36 next season. :(

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I see Jankulowski as Cafu's replacement. No, they do not play on the same wing, but that is really besides the point. Milan playes with 4 defenders, one of which (Cafu right now) pushes forward heavily. If Jankulowski comes, then the focus of the wing attack would simply move from right to left. No team can afford to have both wingbacks be as attacking as Cafu or Roberto Carlos are.

·
Registered
625 Posts
barracuda said:
I see Jankulowski as Cafu's replacement. No, they do not play on the same wing, but that is really besides the point. Milan playes with 4 defenders, one of which (Cafu right now) pushes forward heavily. If Jankulowski comes, then the focus of the wing attack would simply move from right to left. No team can afford to have both wingbacks be as attacking as Cafu or Roberto Carlos are.
Good point.
If that's the case, I think Seedorf and Gattuso can swap position, otherwise we would have no attack from the right side.
Gattuso can play at the left side. He played there for Italy NT vs Scotland. Italy's attacking wingback in the game was LB. Camoranesi played right winger.
Basically the job of Gattuso is to win the ball and cover the wingback, he rarely attacks. It doesn't matter that much whether he plays at left side or right side, after all he is a DM.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Genjuro said:
Maybe I just want too much :D
Jankulovski will be an awesome signing. He will improve our left wing, but Cafu, who knows how good he will be? After all, he will be 36 next season. :(
Well, you lot are certainly a greedy bunch. ;)

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Vagabondo said:
well your lot expects Zebina to be able to defend. that's really asking a lot of a man ;)
Zebina was a freebee, so no problem here. You could argue that you have not replaced him yet. ;)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Andy said:
Zebina was a freebee, so no problem here. You could argue that you have not replaced him yet. ;)
somehow we didn't see the need to replace his "zebinate" at the club. :jester:

we've still got Panucci and Dellas though if you really want to help us out ;)

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Vagabondo said:
But didn't Brazil win the 2002 world cup with that exact arrangement :eekani: ;)
But under Scolari, Brazil played with two destroyers in midfield and a 3rd defender in Edmilson, which allows Cafu & Bobby Carlos the freedom to roam forward.

At Milan, only Gattuso is the designated destroyer in a diamond shape midfield, and he plays more on the right side as a cover for Cafu when Il Pendolino attacks down the right flank. Having Jankulovski on the left requires another ballwinner in midfield (say Ambrosini), and whenever Milan plays with both Gattuso and Ambrosini, the passing is greatly disrupted :nono:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ilgenio said:
But under Scolari, Brazil played with two destroyers in midfield and a 3rd defender in Edmilson, which allows Cafu & Bobby Carlos the freedom to roam forward.

At Milan, only Gattuso is the designated destroyer in a diamond shape midfield, and he plays more on the right side as a cover for Cafu when Il Pendolino attacks down the right flank. Having Jankulovski on the left requires another ballwinner in midfield (say Ambrosini), and whenever Milan plays with both Gattuso and Ambrosini, the passing is greatly disrupted :nono:
i know, point taken. :thmbup:

but he did say "no team can afford....", and i just wanted to say that Brazil "got away with it", so to speak ;)

he did say "wingbacks" and not "fullbacks" anyway, which is the point you're trying to make now :stuckup: :D

1 - 20 of 209 Posts