Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's the question I'd like answered.
I'm not gonna criticize anything. Not the fact that the ref gave a false penalty, not the fact that our defender was fouled when they scored in 94th or 95th minute. Not the fact that we should have scored from at least 4 other clear chances...
I just need to know why??????? Why us all the time.

We do not deserve this.:depress:

·
Registered
25,382 Posts
The universe and life are fair. Everything is fair. We do deserve it or maybe this is how destiny works. Maybe we have to learn something... We'll be ready to answer this question once we calm down.

·
Registered
25,382 Posts
The unfairest situation isn't for us, it is for the players who played their hearts out.... I would really love to great them at the Otopeni airport when they comeback to Romania.

They deserve to know that we appreciate them.... and the way they fought for us.

Today we can all be proud to be Romanian (Or Romania's supporters :) )

HAI ROMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Unfortunatley sometimes sports are not fair.

I think there is a bias though. I believe the Western European teams do get an advantage.
I think most of these referees play favourties and they go into these games with their own biases.

Just when Norway was playing Bosnia, there was over 6 minutes of extra time, the ref hoping that Norway can get themselves back into the game and salvage at least a draw, probably because in his view thats what he thought should happen.

And every game I go in feeling abit bad because I think what if we play great but the refs screw something up, and more times than not, they do.

The thing about our team is we are tempormental, on some refs it works and they will start being more balanced, while other refs will just try to show off by giving cards and unfairly trying to get that team in worse situation.
because hey thats the way the game is supposed to be going, right ? of course not.

Being an outsider though (refs) you kind of can understand their position, however stupid it may be.
Why shouldn't they expect the better team in their opinion to win ? and get better calls ?

Refs are human beings so being neutral is kind of hard.
They are all different so its the card we get dealt.
Some are great at what they do and call a great game, while others will make calls for whoever is the home side, and whoever they think should win, etc.

So this is the luck part of footy. There needs to be a good ref, something thats overlooked many times.

·
Registered
918 Posts
here's a piece of a report on yahoo sports

"Jon Dahl Tomasson had given Denmark the lead, converting the penalty he earned from being brought down by Adrian Iencsi 35 minutes into the first half"

That's the biggest bullshit piece of reporting in long time. I saw the replay many times. The guy wan't even touched, in fact Iencsi was defending another player next to him. He just dove on the ground. That should have been a yellow card.:groan:

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
GloryHunter said:
That's the question I'd like answered.
I'm not gonna criticize anything. Not the fact that the ref gave a false penalty, not the fact that our defender was fouled when they scored in 94th or 95th minute. Not the fact that we should have scored from at least 4 other clear chances...
I just need to know why??????? Why us all the time.

We do not deserve this.:depress:
Baietii stiti ce tre sa facem? Are trebuii cateva slujbe la biserica cu Iordanescu ;)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
sau sa-l omorim ;)

·
Registered
69,498 Posts
ED123 said:
Unfortunatley sometimes sports are not fair.

I think there is a bias though. I believe the Western European teams do get an advantage.
I think most of these referees play favourties and they go into these games with their own biases.

Just when Norway was playing Bosnia, there was over 6 minutes of extra time, the ref hoping that Norway can get themselves back into the game and salvage at least a draw, probably because in his view thats what he thought should happen.

And every game I go in feeling abit bad because I think what if we play great but the refs screw something up, and more times than not, they do.

The thing about our team is we are tempormental, on some refs it works and they will start being more balanced, while other refs will just try to show off by giving cards and unfairly trying to get that team in worse situation.
because hey thats the way the game is supposed to be going, right ? of course not.

Being an outsider though (refs) you kind of can understand their position, however stupid it may be.
Why shouldn't they expect the better team in their opinion to win ? and get better calls ?

Refs are human beings so being neutral is kind of hard.
They are all different so its the card we get dealt.
Some are great at what they do and call a great game, while others will make calls for whoever is the home side, and whoever they think should win, etc.

So this is the luck part of footy. There needs to be a good ref, something thats overlooked many times.
HAI BOSNIA!! ;)

Yes, I think that the Western countries are always (or the major part of the games at least) helped by the refs. Why?? I don´t know...maybe Uefa believes that football is just a bussines, and the Western teams sells more shirts than countries like Romania. We (Romania) have had bad luck with the refs lately. I want believe that. If some day we discover that this is a "plan"...well then Johansson, Blatter and company should be EXECUTED!

Woww the ref has given an unfair penalty to Spain...against Ukraine...:rolleyes: mmmmm....well at least Torres is a gentleman and he missed it :D

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
purposely?

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
man you cant believe how dissapointed I am that Romania is not that other team with a shot to still make it.

It's just that you guys (specifically on this forum) care so much about your country and your football team, similarly to how we Bosnians care about our team.

And no that statement is not obvious, many posters on here and many people from other countries really do not care as much about their country when it comes to football.

After every game, and before games, I always see long discussions in this forum with a lot of analysis before the games and after to.
And most importantly in the posts its evident you guys are great fans.

So it really sucks that you guys look to be out here. I'm sure better will come though.

NAPRED BOSNA!
NAPRED ROMANIA!

·
Registered
69,498 Posts
Thanks Ed.

We all love this sport (or kind of art): the FOOTBALL. And one of the most important things is to find fans from other countries, from other cultures, who have the same passion.
I think that the fans of Romania are "especially specials", and it´s true that we have connected very well with the Bosnian fans; very nice people yeah!
If you come here, you´ll find always discussions and debates, mainly about the National Team. These hard moments will prove the real essence of this group of fans, and you and all our Bosnians friends, will be always welcomed on this forum :)

I hope watch a Bosnia-Romania soon again. Good luck against Denmark ! I´m sure you can reach the Eurocup.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Hey guys, it's the 2nd tournament in a row which both of our countries miss out on :depress:

We had some more luck today than you I think, however we lacked concentration in the final minutes and can only blame ourselves...

At least you still have theoretical chances, even if they are 100:1 :D

Ours, on the other hand, reduce to a big fat zero.

·
Registered
69,498 Posts
Andrija PFC said:
Hey guys, it's the 2nd tournament in a row which both of our countries miss out on :depress:

We had some more luck today than you I think, however we lacked concentration in the final minutes and can only blame ourselves...

At least you still have theoretical chances, even if they are 100:1 :D

Ours, on the other hand, reduce to a big fat zero.
:rolleyes:

The future will be better...I suppose.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
:depress:

I am so disappointed that Romania did not win this game today! :mad: :mad: :mad:

That referee should be fired, as well as the one that gave a penalty to Norway when you guys played against them in Oslo.

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
There are so many things i wanna say... i´ll try to put them all in this post

-First of all, there is no justice at all in football! That is clear appart from this game. you can be better trough a whole match and loose anyway(oops, that just happened to us :fero: ) That is the worst aspect of the game

- i´m totally out of optimism. I always tried to stay positive but this is the biggest frustration football has ever given to me. I knew this match was hard, but after watching it and suffering for 2 hours, i finally thought i was gonna be able to celebrate... i kept saying end it! end it! i knew it was way past the additional time and i knew we were gonna pay it if balls kept falling in the box. When i saw the ball go in i just couldn´t believe it was happening again. The same happened against Norway and in Rapid- Andeletch. It seemed we were finally getting what we deserved and one minute later... nothing, nothing at all. It is ten times worst than if you see it coming but no... you get your hopes up and then they take it all away.

-I can´t even comfort myself anymore by thinking future will be better: Yes, we got a lot of talented players, we got a team... but we are one year away from offitial competition again and by then who knows... it will be very hard to regain the players and fans motivation... Even if we keep this good team there are good chances we will end up with a giant like netherlands, italy or France in the group and we are screwed again.

-You see now why i insisted so much with our players moving to big teams? You think someone will respect us if our best player plays for Parma? You think they would do the same if we had players in Real Madrid or Barcelona?

Finally, some things i got from the match:

-Mutu is better every game. He even amazes me, who always believed in him. He is one of the top ten players in the world.

-Thechances we missed were huge saves by Sorensen, Mutu´s and Bratu´s attempts would have been goals with any other keeper. He was just inspired

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Guys, this day is a surreally depressing one for me.

When we are outclassed and get our ass beat then there's nothing to say except to be humble and accept our bad performance and congratulate the winner. But to lose due to bad calls is just impossibly cruel.

I wake up I log on to UEFA.com to check the score. I honestly didn't think that we'd win but I was hopeful because I knew that if we made a good game we could.

2-2...fu(k!

Then I think well, what the hell if that's the score than that's that, we didn't play as well as we could have.

Then I read your posts and published reports of the game. We played great football, our players played heroically, and yet once again the unbelievable happens, and yet again it comes mainly from bad refereeing decisions.

And if this isn't bad enough, I call my mom in Southern CA only to hear that our dog passed away last Monday.

How many times is this for us to have crucial games of ours in the last 10 years or so decided by some fu(king moron of a referee? I think Lupisor said it..what 6..that's incredible. We get absolutely no respect from the refs when playing the more afluent Nations. In this tournament the unbelievable happened not just once either: that non-existant penalty awarded to Norway, and now today's game, with a dubious penalty awarded and the 5 min extra time. That sonofabit(h Urs would have probably joined the Danes in attack and let the game go for another 20 min had the Danes not scored.

On the other hand we need to remember that we self destructed when we played them at home didn't we. We were up two freakin' times and we let it slip away. And we should have beaten the impossibly stiff Norwegians at home rain on the pitch or not.

Well one positive aspect of all this will hopefully be that by the time World Cup qualifiers come, our mainly youthful squad we'll be more experienced, and our stars will be so hungry and pissed off that, bad refereeing decisions aside, they'll put enough goals into the opposition's net that even moronic refs won't be able to make us lose. Also maybe we have to come in knowing that we'll get the bad calls like it or not and that we have to be even better than best in order to win.

Anyway, we just have to keep the faith and always support our team, especially when they try hard like they did in this last game. And remember France hadn't qualified to any major tournaments for a while before winning the World Cup, so this isn't the end of the world obviously.

One last thought. Yes we didn't qualify and our team won't get to play on the large stage, but realistically even if we'd won, we'd have gotten the play-offs at best and there isn't a guarantee we'd have gotten through even then. And if we did qualify, current trends argue that we'd be obstructed by bad decisions all the way, so realistically we'd only get 3 more game, maybe 4 tops.

HAI ROMANIA!!!

·
International
9,682 Posts
Well, BUG Mafia is right. The sun will rise only if you pay him!

**** them, **** UEFA. If they tell us to feck off, we'll just have to tell them "**** you too!" and carry on with the fight. :fero:

We don't have the money people, just as I've said in that little paragraph from the Nordic forum. It's not the Danes. It's feking UEFA and their marketing interests. Imagine Romania and Bosnia going to Portugal instead of the Nordic teams. It would have been a small financial disaster for them. Take Romania: how many Romanians would have made it? 1000-2000? How many of those would have bought official merchandise and all the sh!t UEFA's sponsors are promoting to you? 100? How many out of those would have made huge sacrifices just to get the match tickets and then starve to death while being in Portugal? Plenty of them.

And the funny thing is that all those Westerners come here [=in Romania] and are giving us MORALITY lessons. :howler: I mean, how funny is that?! :D

UEFA must be warned. Romania owns the biggest mass distruction weapon and the idiots aren't even aware of. We have close to 2.5 million gypsies, you idiots!!! :fero: Be very afraid! :fero:

NOW!!!, we must not forget about Iordanescu, Sandu, Dragomir and all the rest of the FRF and LPF clerks. WE WANT YOU OUT, you ASSHOLES!!! :fero: Must I mention that Iordanescu has made two great substitutions in the 2nd half yesterday but!!! if Cernat was in the 1st eleven right now we would have been celebrating our victory. That's not enough though. He's not up to the standards of our GREAT NT. An NT built only on the natural talent of our players, since our training facilities are absolutely awful.

HAI ROMANIA! :fero:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
First of all let me say "sorry" :( .
Last nights result was incredibly unfair. Every Danish media outlet agrees, and one of the better commentators said (among other things) "let's be honest about it, the best team of our qualifying group won't be going to Portugal", and he is right on the dot.

The penalty was thin and we were fortunate that Meier added more than 30 seconds on your last substitution.

In general you've had blasted luck BUT also one very important thing- you have not taken your chances. It could have easily been 1-5 when we entered extratime last night.

To those who talk about firing people and wanting major changes: you have a spectacular team with only Munteanu left of the old guard. What you need now is continuity. Romania will be back with a bang for the WC2006 qualifiers, and I for one really hope we're not going to get drawn with you uys again.

Btw. I 'lost' €300 when Laursen scored the goal.. and as I've said elsewhere.. I really hoped both teams would go through. If we win against Bosnia... I'll be real sad for you guys.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts