Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17,517 Posts
Not more funny than those stupid conspiracy theories. There is pro and con for everything...
There is definitely enough rest for any team during this tournament. If you cannot play at 100% four days after your last match you are solely to blame for not being fit enough yourself, as simple as that.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
it is held in two countires and they wanted to mix up the groups before the final. So there was no other way to go about it.

Unless that have putted the quarter finals already mixed up, but then the team that would play on Friday would have complained that one of them had to play on tuesday!

So it is the fairest way.

I prefer when they mix up the groups all teh way to the final , instead of splitting half the torunament into separate groups.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
The schedule is unfair to Germany as Spain gets one more resting day before the final. Italy wouldn't have realistic chances against Germany even with more resting days.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
its unfair really.

Italy has been unfairly penalized.

the solution is simple: play more games on one day.

1 day extra is ok given that there are enough days for resting and match practice, but 2 days is too much especially if that team is supposed to play in the final only 3 after.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
These players are pros, every season they play in their leagues and in CL/EL midweek, there have been cases when one team who plays next week in CL plays friday, but the other team played sunday noon...Its not the first time. I remember very well last year when some german club played friday, and the team they faced played sunday.

Its not like this happened first time either.

BTW Italy had a day more to rest before they faced England than both England and Germany.

Italy played last Group Stage match 18 june, England 19. QF 24. Germany played last Group Stage match 17 june, QF 22.

So between last GS match and first knockout game, Italy (6 days) actually had a day more to prepare/rest than Germany (5 days) and England (5 days). So calm down everybody.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it is held in two countires and they wanted to mix up the groups before the final. So there was no other way to go about it.

Unless that have putted the quarter finals already mixed up, but then the team that would play on Friday would have complained that one of them had to play on tuesday!

So it is the fairest way.

I prefer when they mix up the groups all teh way to the final , instead of splitting half the torunament into separate groups.
last time it was also held in two countries but there was 1 day advantage instead of 2 day one.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
just playing Spain-France on Wedenesday and Germany-Greece on Thursday would be much more fair. I still don't get why they did the oppositte

·
Banned
570 Posts
There are negatives to take from this planning for all four teams so there's no point to shout consipracy theories or complain.

True champions should be able to deal with it IMO.

·
Registered
46,043 Posts
Not more funny than those stupid conspiracy theories. There is pro and con for everything...
There is definitely enough rest for any team during this tournament. If you cannot play at 100% four days after your last match you are solely to blame for not being fit enough yourself, as simple as that.
I'm missing the cons in having 2 days less in order to recover fatigued and injured players.
I prefer the argument which in Italian could be translated "cazzi vostri" ("your problem").

The schedule is unfair to Germany as Spain gets one more resting day before the final. Italy wouldn't have realistic chances against Germany even with more resting days.
I believe IT* won't happen but if IT* will happen... LOL!

There are negatives to take from this planning for all four teams so there's no point to shout consipracy theories or complain.

True champions should be able to deal with it IMO.
Like AC suggested you have to establish who are the true champions before handling them a "handicap".

·
Banned
570 Posts
what if there are 2 teams which could both be "true champions" but one now has a clear advantage compared to the other?
There can't be two true champions in these kinds of situations, the one who deals with it best and has the trophy in hand on July 1 is the one and only worthy winner.

I see what your point is but all of the sides left have some sort of handicap from this planning so it's no point to complain about it.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Hey whoever outlasts the longest really here gets the trophy...extra time off can also be a disadvantage in some ways ...to the rhythm, focus, etc.

Who let the Troll start this thread anyway....whiner!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts