Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because they can lob Seaman from 40 yards!

seriously though, i always feel sorry for a player if they get all the blame for a country getting knocked out of the world cup. (made even worse by David Seaman being 38 and unlikely to play in a major championships again to 'atone' for his mistake)

Anyway do you think Ronaldinho Gaucho meant the lob? Or was it a miss kicked cross?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Too bad Seaman :dontcare:! I don't think they'll hang you like Becks was :D.

I think it was a poor cross, which luckily hit goal. Beautiful goal btw :cool:.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I think it was on purpose. He just tried and had luck to do what he intended. Of course most of the time that won't happen from that distance.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Ronaldinho has spoken to the press where he said that Cafu told him to try to lob the ball because Seaman was off his line.

No matter what, I feel sorry for Seaman because I know what the English press is like and he does not deserve to be remembered as the guy who cost England their chances but as a great goalkeeper troughout the years. :) It wouldn't be fair to make him the scape goat.

·
Registered
461 Posts
ronaldinho diffiently meant to shoot the ball...the he line up to hit and the look he gave as he watch the ball...he meant it for sure...to bad about seamen...he deserved to have a better end to his career

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
The idiot who wrote that clearly is blind. Who swoped shirts with Beckham was ROBERTO CARLOS.

The correct interview was about the brazilian WOMEN saying that Beckham was really beautiful!

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Teddy Bear said:
Because they can lob Seaman from 40 yards!
Bwahahahahahahaha! :howler: :howler: :D I love it!

Teddy Bear said:
Anyway do you think Ronaldinho Gaucho meant the lob? Or was it a miss kicked cross?
During the week preceding the match, Cafu had warned both Ronaldinho Gaucho, Roberto Carlos and Rivaldo that Seaman usually positioned himself too upfront on freekicks, to catch crosses over the area.

Cafu told them about a goal Seaman suffered in the 1995 Arsenal x Zaragoza UEFA Cup final (on which Cafu was present as a Zaragoza player), very similar to the one Ronaldinho scored. Cafu suggested that Brazil's free-kick takers should pay attention to Seaman's poor positioning on freekicks. Seaman did exaclty as Cafu described and it was a beauty! :D :rolleyes: :cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
What a superb goal, a masterpiece! too bad we won't get to see him play in the next couple of games, this was the best goal of the tournament.

·
Registered
765 Posts
falcao said:
ronaldinho only misses one game, the semifinal. he will play in the final.
Has he been accepted by the Turkish authorities as a citizen ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts