Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is he out of form? struggling with injures? mentally not there at the moment? is mutu just playing better overall?

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
**** Capello. Mutu ran like a headless chicken all game long, loosing every ****ing ball possible and making the wrong ****ing choice every time. Camo was fit enough to sit on the bench and even warm up, he could have played if the coward Capello wanted him to!

**** Capello!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I don't mind resting players but do it against $hit teams. We play Messina and field our best side and then against Milan we bench Camo??

i dont have any problems with Mutu playing, but i really do wish Capello just used him in a position where he can do something for us, rather than just fielding a very good player out of position.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Please, Marchionni is a good player but he hasn't got the experience of Camoranesi. If Moggi and Capello intend to sell Camoranesi, it would be a mistake.

·
Banned
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CUG said:
Please, Marchionni is a good player but he hasn't got the experience of Camoranesi. If Moggi and Capello intend to sell Camoranesi, it would be a mistake.
camoranesi said he would be leaving this summer, he doesnt want to have to fight with marchionni for a starting spot.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Read Capello's comments at Channel 4, and they make good enough sense, Mutu is faster than Camoranesi and can defend Serginho better as he won't get raped for pace. And Mutu underperformed, but he did it in a side where everyone underperformed to an extent. What he did do was expose Serginho's defensive weaknesses, and only a great Nesta tackle prevented him from a shot on goal. The pitch was also pretty bad, so some of his crosses could be chalked up to being off balance. Anyways I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but Capello not playing Camoranesi (to me) is a non-issue, as you have a world class player substituting a world class player.

·
Banned
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kaiser Ballack said:
I don’t think he will fight for a starting spot unless Capello went crazy and decided to play Marchionni over Camoranesi. Why would he do that?
well camoranesi said that he will leave because he doesnt want to fight for a starting position, which is smart and more players should do this.....besides del piero its actually worked for him :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
roma/totti said:
camoranesi said he would be leaving this summer, he doesnt want to have to fight with marchionni for a starting spot.

Those kind of comments necessitates a source, because on the face of it I don't believe it.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Levato_Italia said:
Read Capello's comments at Channel 4, and they make good enough sense, Mutu is faster than Camoranesi and can defend Serginho better as he won't get raped for pace. And Mutu underperformed, but he did it in a side where everyone underperformed to an extent. What he did do was expose Serginho's defensive weaknesses, and only a great Nesta tackle prevented him from a shot on goal. The pitch was also pretty bad, so some of his crosses could be chalked up to being off balance. Anyways I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but Capello not playing Camoranesi (to me) is a non-issue, as you have a world class player substituting a world class player.
Mutu came by Serginho I think twice and once of those times when Serginho slipped. His ability to stop serginho in defense was not much to talk about except giving us freekicks. sure, Mutu did quite well early in the first half, but I can find no excuse for keeping him on the field in the whole second as he mostly passed our players. A fresh Camo would have been something that would have made me very wary.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
"Mauro Camoranesi is carrying an injury, but above all I needed someone fast who could worry Serginho on the break."

with the key words there being carrying and injury...yes we all saw him warming up, but could that have possibily been to see IF he could have entered the game???

1 - 20 of 48 Posts