Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would, honest. I think we've surpassed what we thought we would do prior to the tournament, group of deat etc, and all the injuries....

Added to that the fact that every 4 years (or 2 in you count the Euro Champs), I go through absolute purgatory every game. It's 4 hours to kick off and I feel sick, my stomach is in knots, I feel unwell, I'm sweating, can't think straight (nothing new there!!), and I just want it to end. I'd love for us to win the damn tournament, but the emotional stress and hassle of organising time off work to see games etc is just too much. Plus the financial strain is a real burden.....be even worse if I'd actually GONE to Japan, but just going to the pub seems to inflict a plughole-like effect on my bank account.

Like Euro2000's failings were tempered by beating Germany at last, if we lose today, we'll be secure in the knowledge that the Argentina curse is broken, and we effectively knocked them out of the World Cup!!! That'll do for me!

Here's to a Japan v Korea final!!!

I'm off in the shower, and I think I might puke while I'm at it.....

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
you are funny..why not listen to the radio and cheer on for your team. Does it pain you more when England advances further and get knocked out then....??

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
CarlosTheJackal said:
I would, honest. I think we've surpassed what we thought we would do prior to the tournament, group of deat etc, and all the injuries....

Added to that the fact that every 4 years (or 2 in you count the Euro Champs), I go through absolute purgatory every game. It's 4 hours to kick off and I feel sick, my stomach is in knots, I feel unwell, I'm sweating, can't think straight (nothing new there!!), and I just want it to end. I'd love for us to win the damn tournament, but the emotional stress and hassle of organising time off work to see games etc is just too much. Plus the financial strain is a real burden.....be even worse if I'd actually GONE to Japan, but just going to the pub seems to inflict a plughole-like effect on my bank account.

Like Euro2000's failings were tempered by beating Germany at last, if we lose today, we'll be secure in the knowledge that the Argentina curse is broken, and we effectively knocked them out of the World Cup!!! That'll do for me!

Here's to a Japan v Korea final!!!

I'm off in the shower, and I think I might puke while I'm at it.....
Hey.................. this is the MOST relaxed WC I've had in ages, and that's 'cause Chile isnt in it.... I get your Drift perfectly...Do you get mine ??

:dielaugh:

So let it be whatever you like bro !!! I hope your dreams come true ;)

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I would, honest. I think we've surpassed what we thought we would do prior to the tournament, group of death etc, and all the injuries....
You'd not want to go further......odd.

·
Registered
765 Posts
CarlosTheJackal said:

It's 4 hours to kick off and I feel sick, my stomach is in knots, I feel unwell, I'm sweating, can't think straight (nothing new there
!

45 minutes left now before kick off.... Have the same feeling as you now ;)

Though I think the title of this thread is a bit stupid, if you win today - you'll deservedly go through.

May the best team win!

KOM SÅ DANMARK!

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
45 minutes left now before kick off.... Have the same feeling as you now

Though I think the title of this thread is a bit stupid, if you win today - you'll deservedly go through.

May the best team win!

KOM SÅ DANMARK!
Why would you get like that Magic #10?

Remember 'popstars' cant play football, so theres no need for you to worry..is there?

·
Registered
46,814 Posts
Hey Carlos, you are simply a supporter so England can win even if you stop watching them, but read this:
today I read an interview of Beckenbauer. He said that he saw in the eyes of the players of Italy the desire to be eliminated and come back to Italy.
If Beck is right, I really worry!!!! I'm ready to suffer watching them, but maybe they are not ready to suffer staying in Korea!!!!
:D :D :D

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
CarlosTheJackal

Sorry Bud ... :excited: .. Your sufferinn continues for a few more days .. I TRULY feel sorry for you now !!!

:dielaugh:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Luvly jubly, crisis of faith over, the boys done good. I can now rest easy until Friday, but I'll go through it all again then......now.....how do I get time off work on Friday now my weeks annual leave is at an end????? Any suggestions just in case I can't re-organise my shifts?

Mybe I should add "write a negative post on xtratime prior to match" to my steadily growing list of superstitions (my beard is now a facial forest BTW and my England shirt mings.....)?

ps Russ, mate, I'd love to go further, but the torture, both emotional and physical (nausea, vomiting, sleeplessness etc) are almost too much to bear!!!! Keep the faith for Friday mate, we're going all the way!

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
England V Brazil is a game i will enjoy. We are in the Q final so it's no shame to get knocked out.

Still, i think we will win.

·
International
9,526 Posts
CarlosTheJackal said:

ps Russ, mate, I'd love to go further, but the torture, both emotional and physical (nausea, vomiting, sleeplessness etc) are almost too much to bear!!!!
Actually, I'm quite enjoying that side of it;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts