Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Fiorentina game is a symbol of our bad luck this season, a string of bad luck that started with the Bari game. We had a goal dissalowed for no obvious reason but a flaky ref against Bari, TV showed the situation a million times and there was nothing good about that call. Against Parma we where not given a couple of penalties and the same against Reggina and Cagliari.

We have had trouble with refs, media, supporters and even fighting within the sqaud ( something I never thought could happen with Eriksson as a coach ) and I can still smile. Not because it has been a peaceful season - it hasn´t but because Lazio is showing signs that it is finally a club ready for the thoughest of competitions.

This season we have been the best italian team and this despite all the trouble with our squad. Nesta has been injured twice this season and has skipped almost 10 games, Almeyda was injured for bigger parts of the season and injuries to Simone inzaghi and boksic forced us to search for a replacement attacker - Ravanelli.

If we won´t win any titles this year it´s because we haven´t had a solid lineup all season - the basic problem has been the attack. Our midfield which is without doubt the best in italy ( sorry glen but we have a better midfield then Juve it´s just a fact ) has been forced to push high up in the field to compensate for the absence of a solid attacker. Sure Salas is a great player but 11 goals in a club like Lazio is just not enough, not with such a offensiv midfield - Salas has not created many of those goals on his own.

I´m smiling because next season will be our season. Look at our team the only thing missing is a good center or attacker and we know that is coming next season. All the other players are in their prime or getting there - Nedved is the oldest player on our midfield and he is 28. Veron just turned 25, Conceciao is 26, Stankovic is 21, Almeyda is 27. In attack: Salas is 25 turning 26, Simone turned 24 2 weeks ago, Boksic will be sold and probably Ravanelli too. In defense Negro is 27 turning 28 , Nesta is 24, Miha just turned 30 and Pancaro is also 28.

Inject us with a goalie, a new midfielder if we sell Simeone and someone to cover for Nedved ( Kily or Jorgensen ), and sell Salas buy Vieri and buy Lopez and we´re off :)

Basiclly our team stays the same - no changes to the midfield or defense but with a healthier attack.

Parma needs a new playmaker and that takes time to incorporate into a system and they also need a new left wing because Vanoli isn´t up to it and I don´t know about Fuser for next season.

Roma looks good for next season but they have problems with Montella not liking Capello ( he´s been subbed more then any other roma player ), Totti trouble and Emerson needs to find space in a new system.

Juve - I just think that they will lack creativity for next season but still they have to be considered in very good shape. Ferrari needs to be replaced and Del Piero needs to find the goal but other then that they have a good age mix as well. Conte is doubtful as a starter and Zambrotta should have his role next season with DP as Cpt.

Inter - Needs a playmaker and not only that. No team has more players coming in and going out then Inter and although they are great on paper I just think that they have a long road to walk before they can be considered a team. Ronaldo needs to be replaced, Seedorf isn´t a playmaker so they need one, Jugovic is old, Georgatos wants home, Blanc is 34 so he´s not getting younger and what will they do with their youth players ?? Frey will want to guard the goal but Peruzzi is still better at that level - what will they do with Frey then ?? Recoba needs guarantees that he will start and it´s not a given that Inter wants him to start. BamBam is 33 years old and that´s pretty much for a forward and Cauet/Moriero are also on their final run.

Milan - More problems then any other team, Albertini, Maldini, Costacurta, Boban, Bierhoff are all players that are key players but they are also over 31. Bierhoff has been the player that Milan can count of for goals - although not liked by Gazzetta he is extremely important to Milan and without him they would not have been anywhere near lo scudetto last season. Helveg needs to go and he is replaced well by Gattuso - the player is strong and hungry but his skills ?? Not the best.

Who will replace the genious Boban ?? I can´t find a player that will easily replace Boban can Zac ?? Maybe Totti will be heading for Milano next season. On the left side Serghino is fast but is he any good ?? I have to say that if there was a running contest I would pick Serghino, if I needed a good left wing I would look elsewhere. In attack Sheva is untouchable even if he´s not the hottest striker in Serie A anymore ( that goes to Bati ) he is a man for the future. Jose Mari then ?? I don´t know to be honest, I have seen him play in A Madrid and he has potential to become a great striker but is he first choice in the Milan 11 ?? Don´t think so and he surely can´t replace Bierhoff when it comes to goal tally.
Sala is also a big ?? and De Ascentis is only going to spend his days as a sub.

New for Milan then: 1 attacker 2 defenders 1 playmaker and 1 left wing. This is if we use 4 - 4 - 2.

Intuition tells me that if Juve will win Lo Scudetto then Zidane will move away and then Juve will need a playmaker extraordinare and that guy isn´t Fabian O´neil nor is it Olly. Maybe Del Piero will step down and work infront of a 4 man midfield and Juve can play 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 with Del Piero as the creative force and O´neill together with Davids will handle the midfield.

Exciting times but Lazio has a future with the very best of clubs for a long long time to come.

Forza Lazio !!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
A beg to differ Svennis. Next year will be gialloblu. Crespo and Amoroso has already shown what they are capable of together. Imagine them next year... :) Perhaps Micoud will need a few games to settle in but Veron settled pretty quickly in Lazio, didn't he? I wouldn't worry about that. We have a super replacement for Fuser, his name is Lauren. He was voted Man of the Tournament in African nations cup recently and play for Mallorca this year. Our only problem will be the left flank, where we "only" have a member of the Azurri. :) Seriously I think he could use some competetion for that place so I would like to see a left midfielder being bought. Micoud can play at the left if needed and since we also bought Farinos maybe that is where the frenchman will play. And remember that Bolano have been awesome lately. I can't be objective of course but to me it sounds like Parma will win next year. Even Dino Baggio wants to stay because "everything is setup for a Scudetto".

------------------
Hear the triumphal march of Parma!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Yes,but do we really want Dino Baggio to stay Verdi? DEFINITELY not as a starter...(I dont want him at all but anyway...)

With Micoud,Lauren (definitely) and Farinos apparently coming Parma is a defender (not so imminent with Lassissi,Torrisi and Sartor though),an anchor (Farinos and Dabo? please...) and a left winger (Vanoli is great but too incosistent to have a full time starting role) away from the scudetto...

Lazio in my opinion needs BADLY a striker who can score and a central defender,apart from these they are covered everywhere in the best possible way (ok,some improvement at full backs would be welcomed but Panca and Negro can handle it).They have what it takes to be champions exept the striker,the central defender and the coach.Its the first time I critisize Svennis,but i'll do it now...he is a great coach but a proffesional looser.He wont win anything important no matter how good his team is.I have said that long time ago and I say it again now...I hope I'll have to eat my words at the end of the season when you guys would have win the scudetto...forza lazio for this year! ;)

The Milan clubs are exactly as svennis said.

On Juve,I agree with Svennis with one more addition,they need a left winger...Pessoto is just not up to it and Zambrotta is SO much better at the right.

Roma needs improvement everywhere exept the midfielder.They need a new GK,at least two new defenders (one of them is Samuel,superbe buy) a forward to help Montella (Delvecchio is an average starter,but will be a fantastic back up) and most of all they need to find time for Nakata,Totti,Assuncao,Tommasi and Emerson...

The Viola...well,lets say they need a brand new team,keep Batigol,Chiesa,Repka,Toldo and Rui Costa and find players to fit the rest positions.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Well Sveniss, you have a great commentary i would say but then you got one fact wrong..Juventus has the best midfield and defence in Italy this season and there is no doubt about that.
About Next season, there hasn't been any talk of Zidane leaving but i think no matter what happens Zidane is going to leave coz he has been there for quite a while, as for who will replace him, i see DelPiero going back and then Kovacevic starting along with Inzaghi (but i think that Juventus might sell Inzaghi)the summer is full of suprises you know.
As for Lazio, if you do not win anything this season, although i think you will win the Italian cup. i think that Ericksonn is gone, and you will have to look for another coach and that might be Van Gaal, wouldn't that be fun...but then with Van Gaal, you will have a lot of trouble at the back.
Anyway this is speculation and we do not know what's gonna happen.
But to tell you the truth, one or two very good players are going to leave Lazio this season.....especially if you do not win anything, remember you guys are on the stock market so if you don't win anything you will need money to buy a good striker then why not sell a player e.g Veron...maybe to Juve to replace Zidane???

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Eringi,for the past 6 months the whole England raves about Zidane going to Liverpool...I'm not saying its true (I dont think it is) but there has been a lot of talk about him.

Did you know that he will watch Liverpool-Wimbledon tomorow?

------------------

V

·
0 Posts
agree with said up above. beg to differ in annother aspect: maybe that it takes time to create a tradition of winning and a mentality that goes with it. i mean, many teams can play one or two or three great competions during a season, but not that many can do it continuessly. to repeat great performances over and over again. perhaps that is a mental state of mind that comes with being a succesful team over along period of time.

i think that maybe these last three years have been some sort of apprentice time for the really big heights. and maybe this is an answer to why otherwise exceptionally gifted and very lethal strikers sort of loose their edge when succsess is very near.

marco

it ain´t over til the fat lady sings

·
Registered
859 Posts
Except for a central defender and 1 or 2 strikers, Lazio needs cover for Nedved and Conseicao on the flanks. Lombardo isn´t good enough and Stankovic ISN´T a right midfielder, and you don´t have a single alternative for Nedved.

I think you should sell Stankovic for big money since he never will get a chance in his right position as long as Veron plays for Lazio.

·
Registered
859 Posts
the English league is the last league that i could imagine Zidane in, but if he goes there he should go to another team that Man U and i think that Liverpool has got the potential to become the next ruler of English football, then Zidane will help start the rule.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
About Fuser:

He will not leave. I just said that we have the perfect cover up if he gets tired, injured or lose form.

About Zidane:

If he thinks that Turin is a cold ugly town and continually says that the reason he put up with living there is because of Juventus and that he would prefer a move to Spain, the native country of his wife, I doubt that he would be much happier in Liverpool. :) No, if Zidane leaves it will be to Barcelona, no doubt. And if he's homesick maybe Olympique Marseille. There's NO WAY he's going to northern England to freeze his exensive butt off... :) :)

But nobody would be happier than me if Liverpool could find some of their former glory back... Would shut up some of the pityful ManUre fans at least... :)

You'll never walk alone...

------------------
Hear the triumphal march of Parma!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Interesting.
Next year will be Juve, Lazio and Parma I feel. Parma might see too many changes in their line-up to go the distance, but I think they have a shot at it.
What svennis said about Lazio not changing much will go for Juve too. The starting line-up will propably remain the same, with possibly 1 or 2 exceptions.
When next seasons starts Juve will have 3 or 4 more players in their squad than they have now because of CL, and from all the rumours I've heard from Turin we will see the most dramatic transfer campaign ever from Juve.
With the new Adidas deal and lots of money left over from recent years, Agnelli will write off 60 mill. £ to get the CL.
That plan does not include selling Zidane !

Svennis; I don't know who has the best midfield. Lazio's midfield is better in offense. Juve's is stronger and better at dominating their opposition. Who's better?
From my point of view it's Juve, but let's just agree that Lazio and Juve certainly have the best midfields.

I won't be as adamant as svennis stating that next year is our year. I believe next year will be very tight too, with everybody strengtening themselves big time, and with a good transfer campaign and a little luck, teams like Milan and Roma could be in it as well as the first 3. Moratti will buy 10 new players and everybody will have major expectations for Inter and they will falter- unless Lippi remains in charge, and tells Moratti to sit on his hands and leave football issues to those who know what they're doing.

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
...a thing that we all know its never going to happen so we should not worry anymore for Inter,unless Moratti changes his minds or Inter changes their president.

------------------

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Reality and reality... I thought we had bought both Lauren and Farinos... :eek:

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
And I got a heart attack when I saw that how come, VAN THE MAN MARCO was actually posting again and svennis wrote such a lengthy post again... :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts