Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This season what is the key to Portsmouth succesful fight agisnt religation?

Tatics, managment, players? Which players have stuck there hands up this year?

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Fortress Fratton.

Their home form has been sensational and has more than made up for their dreadful away form - 'Appy 'arry's squad has had more than its fair share of injuries too, so for them to stay up has been somewhat of a minor miracle.

Also, at the end of the day they're a better team than Leeds, Leicester and Wolves.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dyertribe said:
Fortress Fratton.

Their home form has been sensational and has more than made up for their dreadful away form - 'Appy 'arry's squad has had more than its fair share of injuries too, so for them to stay up has been somewhat of a minor miracle.

Also, at the end of the day they're a better team than Leeds, Leicester and Wolves.
any players tood up this year? Which have been the better handful of players for Pompy.

Give them much chance of staying up next year and establishing them self as a EPL team?

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
I think it will depend on Milandric's investment as to who Harry wants to bring in.

Harry's a wheeler and dealer and will I'm sure with a little help keep Pompey up there.

Harry for England manager after Sven?????

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Their fans too have been a major factor, I remember in the FA Cup they were losing 4-0 or 5-0 vs. Arsenal and the fans were still cheering and singing, you'd hardly see that happening at the Walkers Stadium or Wolves' ground, even when they're winning

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
The media lovin of Pompey fans after that 5-1 against arsenal pisses me off. They did not bat an eye-lid when Arsenal stuffed us 5-1 and us lot were singing, even when at 5-0 we scored ourrs we started singing "you're not singing anymore". Maybe cos it wasn't on TV? Not singing the praises of us, just pointing out other clubs have done it. In division one the Crewe fans were excellent against us and got no credit from the media. Maybe it ties in with the "little club surviving!" theme they like to go with ala Bradford in 99/00?

~ The Green :confused:ne

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Smertin and Primus have been their best players, Primus has been a revelation at the back and Smertin could give Makelele a run for his money for a position in the Chelsea set-up if he was ever given a chance.

they will be stronger next year with Todorov back and a couple of new signings, Harry has done well.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Home form, but also a good start to the season. Wolves, Leeds and (to a lasser extent) Leicester have been playing catch up all year.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Re: Why haven't Pompey gone down?

because i dislike them very much :groan:

generally, bad things don't happen to the teams i hate most :(

But since Day One of the Prem I had a bad feeling they would stay up:(

they bought in the right players at the right time and based survival on their terrific home form.

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

they will be stronger next year with Todorov back
Will he really improve the team ? since he didn't really score a lot at West Ham and all his goals for Portsmouth were in division one. I'm still undecided about him.

Knowing how crafty Harry is, I expect them to stay up again next season that is if Harry is still manager with all these rumours circulating.

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Re: Re: Why haven't Pompey gone down?

StuPid said:
because i dislike them very much :groan:

generally, bad things don't happen to the teams i hate most :(

I know the feeling :groan: :howler: :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts