• ADN change

• Suso

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this has become a permanent state of affairs. What is the key cause?

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
First it was lack of investment. Then it was spending stupid money on random players without any long term project in mind or consistent coaching. Then it was Suso.

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And now?

·
Registered
23,863 Posts
Basically we lack a foundation with leadership. Which is why Zlatan made such a difference with his mentality.

·
Administrator
24,843 Posts
Maybe not realizing history by itself doesnt achieve results and the scenario changes both at national and international levels.

Sometimes a club needs to re- think its model, be humble, set up a realistic strategy, being aware it may be underachieving in the initial 2- 3 years but needed for a mid term success

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
First it was lack of investment. Then it was spending stupid money on random players without any long term project in mind or consistent coaching. Then it was Suso.
May the bug stop here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33,728 Posts
From the outside looking in, it basically seems like consistent buying of really random players and hiring poor coaches.

Kjaer?
Castilego?
Musachhio?

Bizarre signings.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
1. Lack of investments from B&G post 2008.
2. Signing low cost average players, or over the hill free agents on big contracts... Only exception Ibra.
3. Retirement of all the legends of the club
4. Selling Ibra and T Silva ... and that for 60m ffs
5. Getting young inexperienced coaches, constant changing of coaches.
6. Stability in ownership and losing credibility ... becoming cheap ass club
7. When investing some money, buying random players that didnt improve the team much.

And we ended with a team without any true leaders or identity. Just a bunch of scared average players, that cant handle the pressure playing for Milan.
We got good players in Bonnuci and Higauin but it is evident that one or two players wont cut it for this team, as the damage is to big.
Ibra brought some positive change, but it is not enough for this team to make the next step AND unfortunately Ibra is 38y old.

With Ibra the management I hope has learned that this team needs more leaders,..true world class players. While that would be very hard to get, making one big signing a season, in two thre seasons we can achieve to compete regularly in the CL.

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If there was only one reason, though, for me it's the coaches.

The only constant since Allegri left. That and the instability bit. Of course the players could be better and the leadership and you all make good points, but those two things for me drive the rest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts