There must be a disconnect for a player entering milanello and then getting on the pitch. In talk, facilities and expectations the team is different to what is possible on the pitch. Getting the best equipment and training and getting told of the past becomes 'unrealistic' when the game starts.
1. Lack of investments from B&G post 2008.
2. Signing low cost average players, or over the hill free agents on big contracts... Only exception Ibra.
3. Retirement of all the legends of the club
4. Selling Ibra and T Silva ... and that for 60m ffs
5. Getting young inexperienced coaches, constant changing of coaches.
6. Stability in ownership and losing credibility ... becoming cheap ass club
7. When investing some money, buying random players that didnt improve the team much.
And we ended with a team without any true leaders or identity. Just a bunch of scared average players, that cant handle the pressure playing for Milan.
We got good players in Bonnuci and Higauin but it is evident that one or two players wont cut it for this team, as the damage is to big.
Ibra brought some positive change, but it is not enough for this team to make the next step AND unfortunately Ibra is 38y old.
With Ibra the management I hope has learned that this team needs more leaders,..true world class players. While that would be very hard to get, making one big signing a season, in two thre seasons we can achieve to compete regularly in the CL.