Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is a thread mainly as a reality check.In the past week our proud club bowed out of Europe in a humiliating way to say the least and therefore joined the other giant and huge Real Madrid.
Yet all I seem to constantly hear is the bagging and dissing by the so called loyal fans,In recent times and for the majority of time these magnificent organisations have brought such jot to us.Yet no as soon as they dissapoint out comes the Insults.
I as anyone else am so shattered and heartbroken to what has happened in the last week,But it's time to give it a rest and apprecite the joy we have from following our beloved teams.
And stop being so spoilt.
Forza Milan per empre.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Good point, I mean, I'm not a member of this forum for a long time already, but was around long enough to see that the Milan forum is one of the most active forums, with a great atmosphere. Now we've had one big important loss, in what’s being a fantastic season, and some people bashing on Milan afterwards; and all of a sudden the atmosphere is gone, people announce they'll quit the forum, and so on.
Seriously, isn’t all of this becoming a bit ridiculous? We’ve lost and, ok, the interisti have had their fun now, but that happens only once every 11 years or so, so let them have it.
Be disappointed yes, but get over it; there’s a Scudetto to win.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
didnt u say maldini should consider retiring ;):tongue:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Lav said:
didnt u say maldini should consider retiring ;):tongue:
In my opinion Maldini is top class b/c he got brains. You don't need speed or strenght to play well in today's game. You can be a speedster like Cordoba or a strongman like Matrix and still players like Maldini with the brains will beat them out. Defense is as much tactical as it is physical b/c of the fact that if you place yourself in a good position, you won't have to exert much or make super moves to get out of a jam.

Kind of like Friedel in the EPL last year. He was one of the best goalies but he wasn't special in his saves. He was just good at positioning himself so that he could hanlde the shot.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
time waits for no man,even Beckenbauer had to give up eventually,Maldini should bow out at the top with a Scudetto under his belt.

then he can always come to the Arsenal as back up next season,a year in London would do him good,perhaps he could open a nice Restaurant as well,it's all good :cool:

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
yeah i hear arsenal are fond of old defenders...

we give you costacurta but i think at 39 he would struggle to start all 38 premiership games....;) :tongue: :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Schumy said:
Well this is a thread mainly as a reality check.In the past week our proud club bowed out of Europe in a humiliating way to say the least and therefore joined the other giant and huge Real Madrid.
Yet all I seem to constantly hear is the bagging and dissing by the so called loyal fans,In recent times and for the majority of time these magnificent organisations have brought such jot to us.Yet no as soon as they dissapoint out comes the Insults.
I as anyone else am so shattered and heartbroken to what has happened in the last week,But it's time to give it a rest and apprecite the joy we have from following our beloved teams.
And stop being so spoilt.
Forza Milan per empre.
You made some good points there Schumy and I agree with you but somemtimes you also have to understand the fan mentality. Yes the players are only human...yes a team can only win SO many times..yes everything is in cycles. However, when a loss such as Deportivo or Italy-Korea occurs it makes some question whether the players really give "two shits" about the team and the fans. These thoughts make fans go apeshit because face the facts in the end of the day...
we are typing away on a forum about these players who go home to their trophy wives, villas, state of the art home entertainment centers and all the other fun stuff in life that is far from free.

Whatever...FORZA MILAN:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts