Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy is an absolute legend and a role model for all aspiring players. He is not bitter, he is not arrogant, he isn't interested in attention, doesn't think the world revolves around him. He always handles himself brilliantly and is a credit to his club and country.

Yet despite this, and brilliant, consistent performances for Milan over the past few years and Kiev before that he is never really mentioned when talking about the worlds best players. Why is that - is it because he isn't Brazilian or with a successful nation, or is it because he doesn't go around demanding attention. People would rather talk about FatRon (despite the fact that he spends most his spare time at MacDonald's), Ronaldinhio (possibly fair enough), Lampard (the less said the better) or ppl like Henry and Rooney who are only successful in EPL.

Why does he never get credit he deserves?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jern Lizardhous said:
what are you on about, he is consistently praised as one of the elite players of the game, do you live in a cave? ;)
Check the best players in the world thread, how many times is he mentioned

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I think he's the best striker on Earth by a significant margin, and has been for a good couple of years at least. Surely my opinion counts for something, my mum says it does. :D:D:D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Depor4Life said:
Check the best players in the world thread, how many times is he mentioned
1 thread? i haven't even looked at that thread as i have read it so many times before, so i should think there is many like me.

trust me, i read loads of stuff on this forum and he is heavily praised all over, in fact i think he and Ronaldinho are the only two players that everyone agrees on and doesn't slag off.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Simba said:
Who's Shevchenko?
He's some chav who manages to nick a few goals against the dodgey Serie A 'defences'. He also has an innate and almost comical fear of English players. No one to be concerned with. :stuckup:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
him and Henry are just the best,he's always praised,u must not read the news lol

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Not getting credit? Ask anyone to name their best 3 strikers in the world and his name will be there. Is that not enough credit?

XT World Football forum - You ain't seen nothing yet :eek:

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Simba said:
Elaborate.
I think Rooney is a very good player but here in the UK the media hype him as this great player i do not think he is up there with the best players in the world yet. also people say he does it in big games but in the UCL what did he do this year apart from get sent off he is very good but not as great as people say.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Isn't Sheva praised? :googly: That's new... wasn't he the Golden Ball 1 year ago? I recall that the race was among Ronaldinho, Henry and Sheva and it was pretty hard to decide who was the best... but he was always ranked among the best.

And I don't know how hyped in Rooney in England, but I know that Shevchenko is rated higher than Rooney in Spain and I'm pretty sure it's the same in most of the countries of Europe. People usually see the domestic league plus European competitions and, for any reason, Rooney couldn't do much this year in the CL.

I think I'm not the best person to talk about Rooney, because I didn't have the chance to see him much. For now, I think he's a really good player, with a lot of future, but I think he's not in the level of Henry, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko... the big big players of the moment.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
henryrules said:
I think Rooney is a very good player but here in the UK the media hype him as this great player i do not think he is up there with the best players in the world yet. also people say he does it in big games but in the UCL what did he do this year apart from get sent off he is very good but not as great as people say.
Euro 2004, Henry speaking on Rooney;

"Rooney, what a player!!!"

Thierry seems to think he's not bad.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
He would say that because Henry is a :angel: also if we are going by players who were very good at euro 2004 that means Baros is one of the best forwards in the world. Because he was top scorer and that Dellas and Zagorakis are some of best players in the world because that is why Greece won anyone can play well at a big tournment it does not mean they are great players.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts