Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the people Lippi wanted most when he took over inter.

When he first came to Juve he insited on a little know midfielder who later became the most dynamic in the world. (Zidane).

Lippi then at Inter made the decision to bring in Seedorf, and his words not mine were that Seedorf reminds him of a Zidane who he will mold into the complete world class player.

I totally agree. Seedorf has plenty of vision as well as tricks. I hope that he is not benched for the much overhyped Pirlo.

Pirlo I admit I have rarely seen. He may have been good at Euro under 21, but if your really that good then like Micheal Owen, Anelka, etc you should be on the senior squad in my opinion.

Oh well I'm sure Inter won't be stupid enough to leave 22mil on the bench. Play them both together and get a damn central defender so that we dont have a Bergomi problem again. Blanc cant play forever.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
sigh......

1> I don't hate Seedorf

2> No one here hates Seedorf

3> our problem with Seedorf is that he was playing at this exact same level since he was 19.

4> Seedorf's form is too erratic for a guy who is supposedly one of the world's best players at present.

5> Quote "I totally agree. Seedorf has plenty of vision as well as tricks. I hope that he is not benched for the much overhyped Pirlo.Pirlo I admit I have rarely seen"

Whoa....i think that statment says it all.

6> Quote "but if your really that good then like Micheal Owen, Anelka, etc you should be on the senior squad in my opinion."

Look at England's pool of talent....if i played at Liverpool as a striker i too would be on the England team they are pathetic.

Look at France up front....After Anelka Trezeguet and Henry who comes next as a true world class striker? G'uivarch? HAHAHAAH hilarious!!!!!!!!!! oBVIOUSLY anELKA GETS A CALL UP. He has no competition.

Look at Pirlo......the system Italy play can only accomodate 3 no. 10's in the squad.

Del Piero....Totti and FIore.

But....if you want to drop one of them sure go ahead but Pirlo's name isn't there because of this.....ITALY HAVE MANY GREAT NO. 10's to chose from.

Baggio the great one himself
Chiesa
Locatelli
Zola
Di Canio
Singori

All these players are in the pecking order ahead of Pirlo.....obviously he has to wait his turn. The fact that Pirlo didn't go to Euro 2000 is not that he isn't good enough....it was because Italy (In Zoff's opinion) was too good to have a 20 year old on their team.

the youngets player on Italy's team was probably Totti at the tender age of 24. 20 year olds don't go to big championships for Italy unless there name is CASSANO!!!!!!!!! :):)

·
Registered
45,500 Posts
Actually, I don't think that Pirlo is overhyped at all. I can't possibly be his first fan, but I've liked this guy since his 97-98 season at Brescia. I was thrilled to find out that he came to Inter in 98-99. After joining Xtratime, I found that Tazz was the one of the select few people (including myself) who would praise Pirlo to the high heavens. Later, this influenced other members on this board to look out for this player. It's mostly here that you'll find 'Pirlo is AMAZING!'. There isn't even an Andrea Pirlo website! He's not overhyped at all.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Seedorf to me is one of the best players in the world. He has great qualities. But i noticed that in the first post, Lippi wanted to bring over a midfielder who was not yet known as the best player in the world, this being Zidane. What the hell is all that about. Zidane won world player of the year under Lippi didn't he. Buh, i don't know, maybe i read it wrong.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
I was wondering what this Over Hyped thing meant....

Pirlo is only known amongst INTER fans. Overhyped? If anyone is overhyped its Seedorf.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
First of all I don´t hate Seedorf it´s only that Pirlo is better. Second of all Owen really sucks. If he didn´t had his pace he would be nothing. He can´t dribble and he cannot shoot.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Clarence Seedorf and Andrea Pirlo should both play and will play a big part in bringing Inter some success. Clarence Seedorf has been "hated" ever since Rijkaard played him on the right wing in the first game where he doesn't belong! I don't know if any of u remember his goal for Real Madrid from just beyond the half line!! The ball was rising into the roof of the net from 50 yards. It never dipped 'cause it was so strong. I'm afraid that Seedorf has overburnt himself !! He's only 23 and has won the Champions League twice and has something like 74 caps or something already!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Stay away from owen...his pace...it is unbelievable, obviously you never played striker, b/c if you did you would know that a nose for the goal and pace can maker better than anyone out there even if your shot is weak and you can't dribble. maybe I just figured that everyone who writes in this thing played football at some time in their lives....please

seedorf by the way is nasty....but I have never seen pirlo but at twenty you don't need to rush him and you will always be able to sell seedorf next year if you don't overpay for him to much and when pirlo is ready he will experienced a year behind a guy who had had to live with potential for all his life and that might make him even better. :)

don't write about players abilities if you don't know from some first hand experience what they can do to an opponent.
i.e. beckham is a wanker but i wish i could cross the ball on the run like that....special player :):):):)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts