Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how each of you came to support your favourite clubs in the hnl.

I support dinamo basically because i was raised to like em my father, grandfather and great grandfather were all huge fans and went to games. When i was little me and my dad used to watch dinamo together back in the good old days. I also support rijeka becasue thats where my mother is from i dont really care all that much if they win good if not then oh well no one on my mothers side supports rijeka though for some reason they support hajduk they would always try to convert me to a hajduk fan when i was little when my dad wasnt around.

·
Registered
69,806 Posts
everybody in my family support Hajduk, even the ones living in Ozalj! :eek: I guess it was because of my cousins the reason why I supported Hajduk, my first time in Croatia was around 3 years old and my cousins were around my age and they influenced me. I also have likeness towards Zadar and Hrvatski Dragovoljac.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Good reason Lista. :) Both my parents are Dalmatinci (Zadar,Dubrovnik) and most of my family are Hajduk supporters except one izdajica uncle is a Dinamo fan. Worst part is the guy is my favorite uncle!!!! :frustrat: Anyway, I would say the biggest reason I got into Hajduk is when my Grandma visited the U.S. when I was 7 years old. She brought me over a Hajduk t-shirt with pics of all the guys who were on the glory team of the 70's and I loved it. The rest is history!! :cool:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
uhm,
in fact my favorite team always was hajduk, because my grandfather was splican and he loved hajduk, so i supported them especially in the jugoslavian league and during the long fight with croatia zagreb
(i also used to like jugoplastika when i was a child, someone remember them? :) )
and i always have a particular sympaty for my city-team rijeka,
but now (and also in 1999's league) when rijeka fights with hajduk for the champions title and they are trying to become bigger society (in croatia there are only hajduk and dinamo that are really european teams, imho ), i must support my beautiful city :)

i admit that hajduk has an upper class style of playing, more european, and probably they have more chanches in championg league

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eh zono quick question my mothers side of the family is from rijeka and support hajduk. Are there alot of hajduk supports in rijeka?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I really dont know, sorry, i live in italy and i go monthly in croatia, so i dunno so good the situation

but surly, in rijeka we prefer 1000 more times hajduk then dinamo :D

·
©
7,230 Posts
I used to support Dinamo but now that they are crap, I support NK Zagreb.:D

Nah, like most people I support Dinamo for family reasons. My brother and dad were the major influences and looking at my family, almost all are dinamo fans. Also helped when Dinamo came to Australia in the late eighties. Some guy called Boban came aswell.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
I support Zrinjski because they're from Mostar :)

I do support Hajduk, Dinamo and all other Cro teams in Europe :) but I have no preferences in the HNL.

BiHPL baby, the real deal !!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Ero said:
I do support Hajduk, Dinamo and all other Cro teams in Europe :) but I have no preferences in the HNL.
You sound like an true politician.... :lala: :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
;)

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
Ero said:
I support Zrinjski because they're from Mostar :)

BiHPL baby, the real deal !!
amen to that brother

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Zono said:
uhm,
in fact my favorite team always was hajduk, because my grandfather was splican and he loved hajduk, so i supported them

my grandfather as well it weird that i support dinamo because i dont get along with my dad's side of the family at all or my dad either on my mothers side its way better i get along very well with them and my mother as well to be honest i really like hajduk and would suppport them for that reason but poeple would say i only like em cuz dinamo is not winning and i am a glory hunter etc.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Zono said:
but surly, in rijeka we prefer 1000 more times hajduk then dinamo :D
Judging by recent events and so on, I would have thought that Rijeka fans hate Hajduk and Torcida way more than they do Dinamo and BBB? I might be wrong but there seems to be a bigger rivalry against Hajduk..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts