Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you would be pretty self-explanatory, it's your local-ish team, so you live in Twickenham so you support say Chelsea, but what about others, what's the "story" behind supporting your club? What made you? Who? Why?

Anyway, for me it goes back to the Champs Lge of 2000 and being a big fan of Claudio Lopez :cool:, my mates didn't really know about him and i was raving about him, saying this and that "the guy is bigger than god" etc., so i basically started tracking Valencia games on the net and to find out if he scored or not :D, then in the CL that same campaign i was a partial follower of the team in the final etc., but in the summer of 2000 i became a propa fan and then thus the 2000/2001 season.

So, why does everyone else support their club?

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
FIFA 2001, PSOne. My best mate got me into the game, he would always choose Manchester United as he supports them, and he told me to go Arsenal, because they were good. So I kept choosing them whenever I played, did seasons with them and so forth. Arsenal was also the first jersey I bought.

·
A true hero
31,410 Posts
Hull. Support Birmingham to be counter culture when I was 10 I think.

But Hull is my club really.

·
Registered
23,820 Posts
Bergomi's mustache...

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
from London, and as the song goes "there's only one team in London" :proud:

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I wash regularly, which ruled me out of supporting Celtic. It had to be Rangers :proud:

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Actually there are alot of teams from London. West Ham, Chelsea, Tottenham and probably some minor league clubs. So your facts are wrong! :thumbsup:
Okay, you obviously didn't get it or you made a really poor attempt at a joke. I'm thinking the latter.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Because Man U were the bestest team with the bestest players.

Plus David Beckham was the bestest player in the world. I did used to support Liverpool aswell but then Man U won the treble in 99 so now I support Man U and ONLY Man U. (But I have a soft spot Juventus, oh and Inter, and I don't mind Porto either.)

·
63,337 Posts
when I first started liking football Liverpool were the best and Kenny Dalglish was the bestest ever even though he wasn't, it was Willie Young really.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Because Man U were the bestest team with the bestest players.

Plus David Beckham was the bestest player in the world. I did used to support Liverpool aswell but then Man U won the treble in 99 so now I support Man U and ONLY Man U. (But I have a soft spot Juventus, oh and Inter, and I don't mind Porto either.)
You have bandwagoner written allllllllllllll over you.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
I had 2 uncles, one was a very passionate fener fan and the other a very passionate GS fan. They always bought my candy when I was little to pick for their team and I never admitted wich team I supported because I kept getting candy :D But after a while I just admitted I was a GS-fan. I always tought fener was for girls with their canary and yellow/blue colours so the choice was pretty easy and obvious, besides that all my friends were GS-supporters. :)

·
63,337 Posts
I am sure NG had a couple of years supporting Chelsea iirc, has a Veron shirt in red and blue at home.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
I am sure NG had a couple of years supporting Chelsea iirc, has a Veron shirt in red and blue at home.
I did consider supporting Chelsea in 2005, and I suppose I did a little. I bought the shirt and even went to a couple of games but I always hoped Man U would come back to the top and they did, but they've got to win the PL this year otherwise I'm going to switch back to Liverpool because I have no doubts that next year is going to be their/our year.:proud:

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
You have bandwagoner written allllllllllllll over you.
Well my mate used to make me play as Aston Villa on FIFA 98 but then I watched them live and thought they weren't good enough and didn't win much, so I didn't really want to follow them.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I did consider supporting Chelsea in 2005, and I suppose I did a little. I bought the shirt and even went to a couple of games but I always hoped Man U would come back to the top and they did, but they've got to win the PL this year otherwise I'm going to switch back to Liverpool because I have no doubts that next year is going to be their/our year.:proud:
So you're going to go for the team that's always gonna win?

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
I support my club because they are thieves, criminals, doped up players and mafia members. :proud:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts