Discussion Starter #1
Your thoughts?

Zanetti being taken down in the box by Seedorf Leg 1
Cambiasso taken down in the box by Nesta Leg 2
Stam acting violent as ever with Martins through on goal Leg 1
Sheva headbutting incident Leg 2
Cambiasso goal
Crespo handball

Numerous times, we have not received the ref's calls. Is there a reason for this, or will all you lot just sit back and say its all luck and act like a pair of muppets on Sesame Street?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ambis said:
and is this your excuse for not being able to score in 2 games against us :rolleyes:
It's not an excuse- it's an observation. And a valid question.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He scored a valid goal. And the ref disallowed it for contact you see b/t a GK and an attacker 9/10 games.

To the Milan fans its just a goal. But to use its an important goal, one that could have tied the game.

Sheva also headbutted Matrix in front of the linesman but no yellow card. HOpefully video evidence will solve this, and ban him for the rest of the competition.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I have to agree that we were slightly luckier on the referee's calls over both legs, but I wouldn't say it was something outrageous. The penalty wasn't a definitely "no penalty" type of play, though I wouldn't have disallowed that goal. Sheva's headbutt was a strange play, I haven't seen the replay more than once but Materazzi also ttacked him. And there was another Inter player fouling Kaká inside the box, off the ball, just before that incident.

It has more to do with bad refereeing than anything suspicious to me, for instance today Merk showed Zanetti a discussable early yellow for a foul on Ambrosini, then a minute later a yellow to Ambro for discussable foul on Zanetti. On the second half he did not give Inter a penalty when Cafú pushed Adriano before he headed, and then a minute later he didn't give us a penalty when someone clearly pushed Cafú before he headed.

I know it even sounds fair, but actually it's an example of plain poor refereeing.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Cambiasso's goal being called back was easily one the worst calls I have EVER seen an ref make.

We had Milan under heavy pressure and were creating chance, after chance, after chance ....we had the momentum and had that goal stood anything could have happened.

That ref is a piece of sh*t, he should really be banned from ever officiating another CL match again.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
After seeing Merk's performance last night it's no wonder the referees are getting death threats.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Oh yes very much in favour of Milan,Did you have a good look at the way Inter were butchering?

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
IMO Shev should have gotten a red card for headbutting Materazzi!

So no 0-1 after 30 minutes and a lot more chance of Inter winning 2-0
Especially with that goal disallowed with no reason!

·
Registered
788 Posts
It's not that the goal was disallowed for no reason, come on! The GK is untouchable in the (small) area! And he was clearly hindered by Cruz. Or are you denying that? That call is debatable, after 10 replays in slomo there are still some fans who say it should have been allowed, and others who said it should not have been disallowed.
Sheva should in fact have been awarded a red card, and you guys should have gotten a penalty when Nesta brought down Cambiasso in the box. But the disallowed goal is very debatable imo.
Don't forget we should have been given a penalty too when favalli barged into Cafù in the box, and I believe it was CZ who also committed a deliberate hand ball which wasn't punished.
Chill guys.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Your thoughts?

Zanetti being taken down in the box by Seedorf Leg 1
Cambiasso taken down in the box by Nesta Leg 2
Stam acting violent as ever with Martins through on goal Leg 1
Sheva headbutting incident Leg 2
Cambiasso goal
Crespo handball
1) You should have get a corner kick cuz seedorf touched the ball, Zanetti wasn't touched.

2) There was a contact and if the referee would have called for a penalty it would have been ok but still debatable cuz Cambiasso fell like Inzaghi.

3) I really don't see your point, Stam is a tough player that's all, surely not worse than your so loved Materazzi l'assassino!

4) Just check your rules, Dida could have get this ball easily but he was pushed by Cruz who didn't even wanted to get the ball. Dida would have get the ball for sure if he wouldn't have been touched. He is in his area so goal dissalowed was the right decision.

5) What about C. Zanetti's handball?
And remember Nesta's booking on Adriano for a clean tackling. Veron could also be booked for bad behaviour but he was not.
I don't see any favouritism in that!

·
Registered
116 Posts
2) There was a penalty. But there also was a penalty on Cafu just minutes before.

3) Any player can be tough, but when Stam is to Martins nothing happens because he is bigger and all. When he's paid back likewise, though, it must be a faul because who can move Stam without fouling him? ;)
Let's hope we get rid of Materazzi so that won't be an issue anymore and we will have hopefully a decent defender.

4) I tend to agree that calling a faul on Dida is not out of this world, really. What amazes is Merk's unability to read the match. What bad would it have been to Milan if that goal was actually allowed?
You may argue that a referee doesn't have to worry about what happens out of the very footie thing, but people going to watch matches are people we meet in everyday life, thus the same people who stab eachother out of a disco because of some petty issue will be present. Inter supporters are well known...

Congratulations to Milan. We better start thinking about the League Cup and next year's farewells.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I know Merk, and I have to confess that I promised him a nice bottle of Zinfandel and my old Nintendo 64 game collection if he gave Milan some advantages. He agreed with my fears that Milan really can't compete with Inter without official help :jester:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Reco said:
IMO Shev should have gotten a red card for headbutting Materazzi!

So no 0-1 after 30 minutes and a lot more chance of Inter winning 2-0
Especially with that goal disallowed with no reason!
Sheva barely touched Materazzi,And it was so clear how much he was play acting.So me of the Inter tackling was shocking also to say the least.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Schumy said:
Sheva barely touched Materazzi,And it was so clear how much he was play acting.So me of the Inter tackling was shocking also to say the least.
EVERY player would go down as matrix did, so the opposite player would get a red card
it was just 3-4th min of the game, so early and such a stupid move by sheva, 2 games ban would cool him down

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well, It was all about Marcus Merk's mistake, she must be ashamed of herself

1 - 20 of 72 Posts