Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
English teams generally struggle against Spanish teams. Of all our visits to Spain we've lost them all but three, and one of those was a draw. As far as I know, Spanish teams don't generally do as well against Italian teams as they do against teams from England. It's just one of those things that football throws up.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Milan dominated ManU last year and dominated Liverpool to for all but 5 minutes :)()
It is Juve that have problems with EPL teams, not Italian teams.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Its Capello who never seems to learn or prepare against english teams, his Roma v L'pool [in UEFA cup and CL few years back], juve v L'pool and now Arsenal v Juve.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Its weird but its true. In general I think the English teams are very good at countering at pace now and Italian teams have never liked this.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Milan don't have many problems.

Juve are just an efficient team but they lack alot of creativity - look at the difference in flair between them and Milan.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
I think milan can be taken out of the equation, they played well against english teams in recent times.

For me the reason is because english teams make juventus play a faster game, they press harder and quicker, forcing mistakes and compressing play, we know this is not juve's game. they control games by playing slow, arsenal yesterday pressed harder than they usually do just like Liverpool did last year, plus they also placed a player on emerson (pires) to cause problems by closing him down when he had the ball, le tallec did the same last year.

in general i think countering hard and pressing italian teams to play faster is why english teams do well against the itlaians. but then again the spanish always do well against the english cause they can match the similar speed and also play at faster tempo's :)

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
It's all Juve's fault, milan is way stronger in the CL than juve ( maybe juve can't corrupt the CL refferies :tongue: ).

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
juventus need to buy a creative midfielder ie. Totti :D:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts