Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
One kid Scored a goal in the EPL.. and dramatically he is compared to legends.

when he score the 2nd.. he would be compard to Gods

The third one will be _______________ (you fill it up)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
khimik said:
Do seriously you think any tabloid newspaper in any country in any language is any different? English media is no worse than the Spanish or Italian ffs.
and how much Italian or Spanish can you speak/read khimik? :tongue: ;)

it's not that i do care much about what is said or printed in the media, but imo the Australian press more or less even builds up the English NT and players more than the Italian media does with their players, let alone the English tabloids. it's generally a given when you read Italian papers or sites that our NT will be described like this;

- Nesta, Buffon, Zambro and Cannavaro are world class and among the best in their positions
- our midfield is shithouse
- Totti and Cassano are good players but too irresponsible, and
- Gilardino is a pretty good striker with a lot of potential

on the other hand, when you read English stuff you generally get the impression that England has absolute world class talent in all positions except possibly left midfield or in goal (but there are still solid options available for these roles) and that it will mostly be down to Eriksson's poor management if England doesn't win every trophy going.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Vagabondo said:
and how much Italian or Spanish can you speak/read khimik? :tongue: ;)

it's not that i do care much about what is said or printed in the media, but imo the Australian press more or less even builds up the English NT and players more than the Italian media does with their players, let alone the English tabloids. it's generally a given when you read Italian papers or sites that our NT will be described like this;

- Nesta, Buffon, Zambro and Cannavaro are world class and among the best in their positions
- our midfield is shithouse
- Totti and Cassano are good players but too irresponsible, and
- Gilardino is a pretty good striker with a lot of potential

on the other hand, when you read English stuff you generally get the impression that England has absolute world class talent in all positions except possibly left midfield or in goal (but there are still solid options available for these roles) and that it will mostly be down to Eriksson's poor management if England doesn't win every trophy going.

very true.. Remember how the English thought they have a great team to win the World Cup in 1998 and 2002.. I wonder who they thought was so great back then.. probabaly Darren Anderton in 98 and Beckham in 2002.. LOL!!

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Whats your team Beckham mania? You seem to spend enough time posting as much cr*p as possible in EPL or NT threads but you fail to mention anything about you national team - just curious!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
beckham mania said:
very true.. Remember how the English thought they have a great team to win the World Cup in 1998 and 2002.. I wonder who they thought was so great back then.. probabaly Darren Anderton in 98 and Beckham in 2002.. LOL!!
one thing that is good about the English media though is that after England NT fails, there is at least a short period of heavy criticism of the players before it reverts back to praising their ability unconditionally like usual. :star:

With the Italian press our players are criticised too of course, but lately there has been to much attention given to other nonsense like conspiracy theories, limiting the numbers of foreigners in Serie A etc as well after our notorius failures :eek:. i can't really comment on the Spanish press though because i don't/can't really read their stuff very often.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Nico said:
Whats your team Beckham mania? You seem to spend enough time posting as much cr*p as possible in EPL or NT threads but you fail to mention anything about you national team - just curious!
I support the dutch team..

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
beckham mania said:
I support the dutch team..
And you talk about England being overhyped and underachieving! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
Beckham Mania is a gimmick poster. Leave him/her alone. :)
Gimmick or Gimp? ;)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Nico said:
And you talk about England being overhyped and underachieving! :rolleyes:
Try to find someone who can actually agree on you on this one.. i don't think you can find many

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
beckham mania said:
Try to find someone who can actually agree on you on this one.. i don't think you can find many
They're the same as Spain. Every tournament we're told the Dutch and the Spanish are one of the favourites to win it and every tournament the Dutch and the Spanish get nowhere near winning it.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
cadams said:
the dutch overhyped? look at a newspaper. the year is 2005 mate.
And your point is.........

I know what year it is, when you turn 30, people wont let you forget!!!!

I wish it was 1995!!!!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
khimik said:
They're the same as Spain. Every tournament we're told the Dutch and the Spanish are one of the favourites to win it and every tournament the Dutch and the Spanish get nowhere near winning it.
i don't know where you get this.. But the hype of a dutch team or Spanish team winning the world cup is nowhere near the hype England team winning it.. just look now at it now.. The dutch don't have a preety great accomplished squad.. So they keep their mouth shut and is not talking about winning the world cup or anything.. But for England like in world cup 98 and 2002, they didn't have a great squad either but they bragged on and on about winning it then....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
i really don't know how it's being reported in the Netherlands, but are the Dutch really quoted as being among the favourites to win the world cup by anybody right now? :neutral:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Vagabondo said:
i really don't know how it's being reported in the Netherlands, but are the Dutch really quoted as being among the favourites to win the world cup by anybody right now? :neutral:
No..Even the dutch federation only targetted qualification as their priority..

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
khimik said:
The Spanish are perhaps the perennial underachievers but Holland have been pretty strong in most competitions since 1988

Holland (last ten tournaments)

WC 1986 Did Not Qualify
EC 1988 European Champions (8 teams)
WC 1990 2nd Round (24 teams)
EC 1992 SF (8 teams)
WC 1994 QF (24 teams)
EC 1996 QF (16 teams)
WC 1998 4th (32 teams)
EC 2000 SF (16 teams)
WC 2002 Did Not Qualify
EC 2004 SF (16 teams)

In the last 10 competitions they have failed to qualify twice but won once (1988) and reached four semi finals. It is odd that they have a worse record in the last five World Cups than Euro Championships

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Adriano10 said:
One kid Scored a goal in the EPL.. and dramatically he is compared to legends.

when he score the 2nd.. he would be compard to Gods

The third one will be _______________ (you fill it up)
But the question in that's been asked in this thread is why do YOU care? :confused:

beckham mania said:
i don't know where you get this.. But the hype of a dutch team or Spanish team winning the world cup is nowhere near the hype England team winning it..
I live 15 minutes from Holland, trust me they do.
Currently it's pretty silent because they learned from the past 3 tournemants.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts