Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why get so hot and bothered about somebody else "overrating" a player, why not watch the players play and form your own opinions rather than hate and attack a player because of how a newspaper, columnist, or pundit describes him. Are football fans really that small minded?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Its a phase that can happen when people see there is preferances in the media and like I said before...

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Its as simple as that really, I could be getting pissed off over how the English football media won't stop going on about ''Lamps and JT'' whenever Chelsea is spoken about, but its not worth it and at the end of the day they are very good players.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The British media are nowhere near as they were 10 years ago... Jesus Christ they were they ones running the england team in that era.... whcih is probably engladn never made it to the wc in 94, serously man..... they were ruthless.... remember the Graham Taylor situation..... remember how the sun called him 'the turnip'.... remember what they did to glen hoodle....remeber the campaign they led to get Keegan as manager, and the to destroy him......

IN ENGLAND THE PRESS THE ARE ASSISTANT MANAGER OF ENGLAND FC..... TRUST ME.... CROSS THEM AND SEE HOW MANY TIMES YOU PLAY FOR ENGLAND AGAIN LOL

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Eriksson doesn't listen to the media as much as Taylor but he still listens.

the only one who didn't listen was Sir Alf, and look what he did.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Eriksson doesn't listen to the media as much as Taylor but he still listens.
Funny how erikksson listens to the media's football tactics when another FA scandal comes to the surface LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
831 Posts
Come On England

[Commentary]
Can this be the moment...
that David Beckham delivers the dream...
England need a goal to qualify...
can it get any more dramatic than that...
Can this be the moment...that Beckham delivers..
He stepped up, he hit it....right wing...
YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
David Beckham scores!!
England have got a goal!!
and David Beckham is the saviour
Incredible!
Unbelievable scenes
here at Old Trafford
Please tell me this is not a dream.....
This is the greatest game in the world....

Come on England
Come on England

Come on Engerrrrrr-laaaan-d
Hands up high with a glint in your eye
And give your all for England
It can't be long now
Like '66 we'll get our kicks yeah
Bend it (like Beckham) Strike it (like Owen)
Win it all and live forever
(Come On England)
One-nil, two-nil, three-nil, four-nil, FIVE!
Keep this country's dream alive

Come on England, Come on England,
At this moment this means everything
We are the best so forget all the rest
Cos' we're singing, Come on England

Michael Owen's done it again....
Ohhh I Really don't believe that scoreline

Come on England

This will make every nation sit up and take notice

Come on England

England are back....

Listen can you hear?
Score one more you'll hear us roar
And give our all for England.
Cross it (like Gerrard), lob it (like Lampard)
Win it all and live forever
(Come on England)
One-nil, two-nil, three-nil, four-nil, FIVE!
Keep this country's dream alive

Come on England, Come on England,
At this moment this means everything
Cos' we're singing, Come on England

Come on, England To Loo Ray Aye
England!

(Come on Englannnnnnd)
(Englannnnnnd)
Come on, England To Loo Ray
Now we must try hard together to reach our goal

To Ray Loo Ray To Ray Loo Ray Aye

Come on England Come on England
It's your moment this means everything
We're all singing Come On England
It's your moment this means everything
We're all singing.....

ENGLAND!

i like this song, for it is too ridiculously funny :tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Because without reading the English media hype before a game and listen to the English commentary, the England team will be very boring to follow..

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I don't care what those low IQ ppl think (all media)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Because the Press needs to sell Papers and will do whatever it takes to get people's attention,It's the ones who get hooked who are the fools it seems.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
khimik said:
Because they don't understand Italian or Spanish. ;)
haha :D

That's why I complain about the English AND the Spanish media... and I understand the Italian too, but I don't read it that much...

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Because.. people who read them like to POKE their noses into others' lives... And like to Gossip.. on just about anything.

They like those shit written.. they enjoy famous people (hyped people) to FALL HARD... so that they can console themselves of their own S-hitty Lives... its 'comfortable' to laugh at Becks/Charles' Marriage Problems than managing their own marital problems. Its an easy way to blind oneself.

Just like the ostrich head under the sand.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Adriano10 said:
Because.. people who read them like to POKE their noses into others' lives... And like to Gossip.. on just about anything.

They like those shit written.. they enjoy famous people (hyped people) to FALL HARD... so that they can console themselves of their own S-hitty Lives... its 'comfortable' to laugh at Becks/Charles' Marriage Problems than managing their own marital problems. Its an easy way to blind oneself.

Just like the ostrich head under the sand.
Do seriously you think any tabloid newspaper in any country in any language is any different? English media is no worse than the Spanish or Italian ffs.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Dear Khimik,

The topic Says 'English Media'... i may comment on the spanish or italian one if you were to open a couple of those . :D

·
Registered
687 Posts
khimik said:
Do seriously you think any tabloid newspaper in any country in any language is any different? English media is no worse than the Spanish or Italian ffs.

The only difference is the Spanish and Italian really had some great players to hype up.. But the England media have been hyping up a crap shit player like Beckham for years

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
..... and they call him Golden Balls :D... Talk about hype.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
beckham mania said:
The only difference is the Spanish and Italian really had some great players to hype up.. But the England media have been hyping up a crap shit player like Beckham for years
Well yeah, but it's what tabloids do. But seriously English media/papers are exactly the same as every other tabloid in the world. Shite news dribbling on about shite topics.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Adriano10 said:
..... and they call him Golden Balls :D... Talk about hype.
'Golden balls' is a term used when someone can do no wrong in the eyes of others, it doesnt necessarily mean that the person is any good at what they are doing just that they are looked upon as ' golden balls' - it like the sun shining out of someones arse!

I was called 'golden balls' by a lot of staff where I work, not because I was any good at my job but because the MD liked me and treated me differently from anyone else!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts