Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only Sissoko (who was never rated highly in epl) seem to be doing well. Becks madrid career was just average and coincided with the fall of Real Madrid. Owen some will argue that he wasn't given enough chances but he hardly made any serious impact in Real.

Vieira, Hleb, Henry ... and if I go way back it wont look pretty.

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
Only Sissoko (who was never rated highly in epl) seem to be doing well. Becks madrid career was just average and coincided with the fall of Real Madrid. Owen some will argue that he wasn't given enough chances but he hardly made any serious impact in Real.

Vieira, Hleb, Henry ... and if I go way back it wont look pretty.

Another well thought out thread. You should print this one out and stick it on your refrigerator. :thumbsup:

·
1st Tier Poster
52,440 Posts
Forlan was never successful in EPL

This thread is about players who were hyped as gods by English media but when they moved to other leagues their limitations became exposed. Yet another quality thread by calcio100.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
overmas, petit, pires, anelka, henry (unless if you want to tell me he is performing according to those high standards), beckham, owen, viera are just some of the names that were rated highly in epl but did not exactly set the world on fire once they left. Rud and his tap in :lol:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Forlan, Kanoute (won the European Golden Shoe), Robben, RVN...There are probably much more, but all these names have and are doing well in La Liga after leaving the EPL.

·
Registered
18,454 Posts
yeah, this happens, but the all the names mentioned didn't completely fail. Vieira for example in his prime would have dominated Serie A also. Others though wouldn't have had as well a good time. As Rob mentioned, depression hits some players who are unsettled, so we must factor this too.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
That's because foreign players are far more likely to leave EPL than British players. And you are the only big English club almost exclusively made up of foreigners.
I much prefer the ALS theory. :)

We make players look much better than what they really are. In that case imagine how bad Eboue must really be once we get rid of him. :howler:

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is there function with which mods and admins could ban this guy from opening new threads?
Is this thread that bad:confused:

A quick browse on the first page of WF forum and I only see 4 :D topics. Surely I am not opening that many threads to annoy you that much master. If you think that's too much I will surely cut down on the topics. I wouldn't want to annoy you master from a superior country and colour

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Is this thread that bad:confused:

A quick browse on the first page of WF forum and I only see 4 :D topics. Surely I am not opening that many threads to annoy you that much master. If you think that's too much I will surely cut down on the topics. I wouldn't want to annoy you master from a superior country and colour

1 - 20 of 22 Posts