Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Purger said:
Why did Alexei Eremenko chose Finland over Russia?
Can you please explain what are you talking about man (for those of us, who have no idea)?

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Purger said:
Alexei Eremenko(a Russian obviusly) is a midfielder who plays for Lecce and he chose to play for Finland instead of Russia.
Thanks for the explanation. Maybe he prefers warmer weather? :howler: ;) :D :D

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
warmer weather in Finland? The guy must have a weird idea of warm weather then :dielaugh:
I guess Ary can answer this question though:)

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
he moved in Finland with his family because his dad work.
His dad was a great football player who went to play in Finland( he still play with his other little son!!!:D)...and so he have the finnish passport and since he likes Finland and Russia never thought to call him, he decided to play for Finland, simple...!!!

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
simple, but I could never understand such sportsmen :yuck:. Although it's their business of course.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Julija, again not studying? :wallbang:

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
:eek: I am! But I got pretty tired to be honest:( and besides, I did what I had planned to do today long ago, and now I am doing things which I actually thought to do tomorrow! :angel:

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
OK, I believe you... :wallbang: ;) :)

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Arianna said:
he moved in Finland with his family because his dad work.
His dad was a great football player who went to play in Finland( he still play with his other little son!!!:D)...and so he have the finnish passport and since he likes Finland and Russia never thought to call him, he decided to play for Finland, simple...!!!
Thanks for answering my question Arianna.:)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Alexei Eremenko lived 14 of his 23 years in Finland. 2 years ago he got a Finnish passport and like he says himself he was sure that he will not have a chance to play for Russian NT cos in Russia as he said "a lot of talented players" and in Finland much less, so the choice was accepted by him with no hesitations.
At first he has a pre-contract with Spartak but then he received a call from Italy and he changed his mind.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Articles like that won't help him getting into the Finland starting XI.

Has he been good enough to be in discussions for a place in the Russian team?

·
Registered
66,989 Posts
I read a rescent article on SkySports and Eremenko said that he regrets ever putting on the Finland jersey, and that the Finnish fans show no respect towards him, and that he wished he could play for Russia btu that it is to late now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts