Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Kaka-Ronaldinho partnership is really mouthwatering “to the naked eye” but as we all know: it’s damaged goods :pp. They couldn’t make it work in 06 and things are not working out in Milan. Did Milan get the wrong player? Are they playing him in the wrong position? Or is this a problem of EGO’s? Should Ronaldinho make way for Kaka? What will Dunga or any other coach do come 2010? Don’t tell me we are going to get another RIVERA/Mazzola scenario?! It seems as Kaka will end up with an overall better career than Ronaldinho; so why in the world did Milan get him? :happy:

Ronaldinho was "on fire" in the first half of the season and played “brilliantly” (wasn't truly impressed, Nolberto Solano pisses all over this version of Dinho, IMHO). Well this is mainly because Kaka, being the nice guy that he is, didn’t mind taking a “backseat” at first. Look at Dinho now, most Brazilians do not want him to start for the selecao and well he’s been benched in Milan. Miland has now landed Beckham, is it time to get rid of Ronaldinho :happy:?

Your thoughts, your thoughts…

·
Administrator
52,991 Posts

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
:howler:
I really cant explain why they cant co exist.. but Kaka needs to play in the middle and Ronaldinho around him. This doenst happen.

Kaka runs and plays, Dinho chills, and passes. Kaka counter attacks, and Dinho slowly creates... I have no clue, just dont play them together.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Dinho doesn't play like he used to starting summer '06. I'm sure when Dinho was at his prime in '04-'05 the two of them killed together for Brazil. All Dinho does now is camp out in one spot, hardly ever makes runs for teammates. His passing is still sublime, but he's kind of turning into a liability for the team. Kaka's form has dipped too but he still plays hard and does other things to make up for it.

·
Registered
15,744 Posts
I'd rather Ronaldinho in the middle where his excellent close control, passing and vision is best utilised. Kaka in wider areas to exploit his pace.

A Barca-style front three would be nice to see too, with Pato as the 9.

I don't see any reason why they cannot eventually co-exist, but sometimes it takes time to find that cohesion. It's not like sticking together Trezeguet and Inzaghi, two players most deadly in the box and on the shoulder of the last defender. Now that wouldn't work so well. Maybe the solution is to watch old tapes of Socrates, Falcao and Zico...

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
I'd rather Ronaldinho in the middle where his excellent close control, passing and vision is best utilised. Kaka in wider areas to exploit his pace.

A Barca-style front three would be nice to see too, with Pato as the 9.

I don't see any reason why they cannot eventually co-exist, but sometimes it takes time to find that cohesion. It's not like sticking together Trezeguet and Inzaghi, two players most deadly in the box and on the shoulder of the last defender. Now that wouldn't work so well. Maybe the solution is to watch old tapes of Socrates, Falcao and Zico...
Why not use a DVD instead?

Speed is only a problem as a counter-atacking team, but if we can dominate possession then they should be able to work.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you been watching Milan's last two games. Ronaldinho was their best player in both.
Yes, and of course KAKA wasn't around :D.
It seems as Dinho only shines when Ricky is not around...

·
Scudetto
23,387 Posts
Its the other way round too. Kaka has only three goals whenever he Ronaldinho is on the field, and I think two of them are penalties.

I still think it could work, but both of them have massive egos.

Ronaldinho when he plays wants a free-role, forcing Kaka to be fixed to either wing and he doesn't like that.

The magic man just needs to run more, I have no idea why he doesn't run anymore!

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ricky needs to put DInho in his place. Tell him to stop living la vida loca and take him to church or something. Poor Dinho is throwing his career away!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
LOL, that is pretty much true. Ronaldinho is not the same player and he reminds me of what Barca fans expected from Henry once he came to Barca (to be the same Henry who performed for Arsenal). It is unthinkable and it is such a shame to see an amazing player's rise and demise in football so fast like what happened to him. I wish him all the best, but I really do not think that he will ever be the same Ronaldinho who made everyone sit in anticipation on the edge of their seats, wondering what his next move will be or how will he blast past defenders and make it look really easy. This is why the Kaka Ronaldinho combo will not work anytime soon not unless, Ronaldinho magically turns back to becoming his old self.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you were a Milan fan who would you have?

The team in my sig can win the CL :stuckup:
Are you saying Kaka will end up with the better career btw the two :eek:?

·
Scudetto
23,387 Posts
hah what?

by the way, since they both play in the same team, whatever Kaka wins, Ronaldinho wins as well.

So Ronaldinho already leads :D

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hah what?

by the way, since they both play in the same team, whatever Kaka wins, Ronaldinho wins as well.

So Ronaldinho already leads :D
Answer the question,
Are you saying Kaka will end up with the better career btw the two?

When the smoke clears will Kaka end up the bigger legend? huh huh huh?

·
Scudetto
23,387 Posts
If they retired now, Ronaldinho wins

But in three or four years, and Kaka returns to his 2007 form and plays more consistently at that level...

·
Administrator
52,991 Posts
His 2007 level wasnt no Ronaldinho, thats for sure, so it wouldnt help him. He would have to surpass it by some margin to better then Ronaldinho at his best, to say the LEAST. Ronaldinho at his best, played like and all time great, even if too briefly, Kaka, simply, not.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts