Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Stepping on another person's foot hurts, ok?

·
Banned
570 Posts
Busquets behaving like a clown and actor on the pitch isn't anything new, although the guy is a brilliant player. He needs to cut that crap out though and he'll be respected more for how important he is for his club and national sides.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Good player, despicable sportsman. And I'm not sure the fact that he can play well enough that he shouldn't need to use these underhanded methods is a valid excuse; in a way it only makes it worse. He doesn't do these things because he has no technical resource beyond thuggery, he does it because that's who he is.

As someone once said: sports don't build character, they reveal it. And what they reveal about Busquets is disgraceful.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
worst thing to happen to spanish football in last years (hell, I didn´t like Senna, but I miss him soooo much when I see Busquets)

Seriously, like spaniard i fell embarrased for this player attitude and in the obligation to apologize to all the international fans. Please don´t lump spanish players/fans and this scum together.

Busquets out of the NT!! Beñat in!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Oh please, cut out the histrionics cluny
Well, despite all the threads about Busquets, I never said anything about him till today, but it's one after one.

sorry but I can´t stand "sportmans" like this. Sadly Busquets is not the only one, the list is near never ending and grows everyday, and not only in football. They ruin the sport.

nevermind if I'm being histrionic (probably its because I had a heated "discussion" about this with two barça fans just after that play on the Spain-France)

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
:howler:

Busquets adds a nasty side to the Spanish team. Many great sides have had these type of players. Deal with it :D

Nasty, cunning, snide. Call it what you will.

But he can play as well when he so wishes.

As for the play acting two a penny. Happens all over the place.

The hate for him is a bit OTT.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I really don't get it.

Is Busquets a pretty dispicable character on the football pitch? Yes. Does he dive and cheat a lot? Indeed.

But you could have chosen from a host of better examples. This was just a slight foul, by Cabaye on Busquets. Yellow card for Cabaye was harsh, but what I see is Spain having possession, pass goes to Busquets, he is going to make a one-touch pass upfield. If he stepped on Cabaye it was due to Cabaye's foot being in the wrong place as the momentum from making the pass brought his foot forward. Cabaye's trailing leg then clatters into Busquets.

Personally I think the ref shouldn't have called anything, as Spain retained possession, and the yellow card was OTT. But like i said this isn't a good example to use if you want to pillory Busquets

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really don't get it.

Is Busquets a pretty dispicable character on the football pitch? Yes. Does he dive and cheat a lot? Indeed.

But you could have chosen from a host of better examples. This was just a slight foul, by Cabaye on Busquets. Yellow card for Cabaye was harsh, but what I see is Spain having possession, pass goes to Busquets, he is going to make a one-touch pass upfield. If he stepped on Cabaye it was due to Cabaye's foot being in the wrong place as the momentum from making the pass brought his foot forward. Cabaye's trailing leg then clatters into Busquets.

Personally I think the ref shouldn't have called anything, as Spain retained possession, and the yellow card was OTT. But like i said this isn't a good example to use if you want to pillory Busquets
:howler:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts