Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am copying and pasting a little of what I wrote in the other thread in case you don't read it...

CHE my friend as you suggested, you really should CLOSE ALL of the threads in this forum apart from this one, who cares about stupid football right now? I think it is DISRESPECTFUL and EXTREMELY INSULTING to be talking about and discussing Real Madrid right now….leave it for a week or two….For me personally I have no appetite for anything, I don´t care about Raúl or Ronaldo…..I think UEFA should be really ashamed of themselves, they are DISGUSTING for forcing the Primera teams for playing the UEFA games yesterday…..I think all of UEFA that made this decision should be put in to JAIL

This has nothing to do with not being beaten by the terrorists by NOT closing the threads.....Man if some of you still have the appetite to talk about Real Madrid, something is really seriously WRONG with your BRAIN.......

WHO GIVES A STUFF ABOUT REAL MADRID??????????????????????????? Most people with normal brains don't care right now.......................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,343 Posts
I care dearly!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,825 Posts
Let people talk about football if they want. I myself know what topic I´ll be sticking too cause football isn´t important for me these days.
This is a football forum after all and some people might want to keep their normal habbits no matter what.
There is a thread to share our pain, our indignation and support for the victims.
Come join us there Jose Mari.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MILLS said:
Let people talk about football if they want. I myself know what topic I´ll be sticking too cause football isn´t important for me these days.
This is a football forum after all and some people might want to keep their normal habbits no matter what.
There is a thread to share our pain, our indignation and support for the victims.
Come join us there Jose Mari.
Sorry MILLS you are wrong, this is not just a football forum it is a REAL MADRID forum, what happened is too big to just say let people go on as normal........Why not show a great form of respect and CLOSE the threads for a few days at least.......

If you're going to be like that.......well we might as well not have funerals and things like that as a mark of respect isn't it ?????

You are 100% WRONG....I am very disappointed.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,825 Posts
José Mari said:
Sorry MILLS you are wrong, this is not just a football forum it is a REAL MADRID forum, what happened is too big to just say let people go on as normal........Why not show a great form of respect and CLOSE the threads for a few days at least.......

If you're going to be like that.......well we might as well not have funerals and things like that as a mark of respect isn't it ?????

You are 100% WRONG....I am very disappointed.........
I know how to show my respect and that´s why I havn´t posted in any football related thread.
I can encourage everyone to do the same thing, but I can´t forbid people to post about football if they want. I don´t own the site.
I´ll let people the chance to decide how to express their respect just as I have they right to choose MY WAY to do it.


I hope you understand.
 

·
Freedom for all
Joined
·
16,851 Posts
You are over-reacting Jose Mari. Not everyone deals with this sort of thing in the same way.

Some people might want to shut down completely to grieve. Others might want to hold some kind of service, what they see as the proper time to grieve. Others might want to carry on doing what they normally do, thinking that they can shield themselves by concentrating on other things.

If you want to deal with this issue by not posting about football, then you should do that. It's only fair to point out not everyone has the same feelings you do, and not everyone will deal with problems in the same fashion.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,068 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
You are over-reacting Jose Mari. Not everyone deals with this sort of thing in the same way.

Some people might want to shut down completely to grieve. Others might want to hold some kind of service, what they see as the proper time to grieve. Others might want to carry on doing what they normally do, thinking that they can shield themselves by concentrating on other things.

If you want to deal with this issue by not posting about football, then you should do that. It's only fair to point out not everyone has the same feelings you do, and not everyone will deal with problems in the same fashion.
Amigo Jose Mari, I understand your grief amigo and there are many out there who feel the way you do. As Visca pointed out we all grieve differently and for some not at all. I feel this will give people the opportunity for reflection and by addressing poster who are out of line. People deal differently with situations and I have to respect that as long as they are respectful to those who mourning.

Che
 

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
José Mari;

I feel like you, but I also understand what VBI and Che have expressed.

I have decided not to post in the other threads or forums, unless they are related to the attacks. I invite you to do the same.

I am with a heavy heart, I feel as much a Spaniard as anyone who was not born there can feel. I am grieving and praying with you, mi hermano.

Raul y familia
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Shouldn´t people continue to live their lives despite this horrible act! I think Jose Mari has a point, but still it´s like playing in the hands of the terrorists since their goal must be exactly to distrubt the everyday life of people! I for one am going to keep posting and it doesn´t make me guilty or less sympathetic for the accident that occurred. The thing is that show must go on!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,451 Posts
José. How long do you want us to grieve for?
Yesterday my parents invited all the Spanish friends and relatives over to the house to have a prayer and candle service for the victims in Madrid,

We are hurt deeply as well. But to just forget our daily lives and only thing about the incident won't help. I hope you don't get mad at me. My opinions are the same as yours, i'm utterly disgusted. And I have shown my respect in the thread and will continue to do so. Like I said before that subway used to be a normal use of my fathers. But he is not going to lay down and be sorrow all day.

I'll still talk about the champions league draw and stuff. I won't be as enthousiastic about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,487 Posts
@ José Mari: I partly understand your view. Who cares about football when such things are happening?! No one really should.
I was totally depressed and frustrated from Tuesday, 22.34 o´clock on (because of football.... ) - but when I heard about the terror attack in Madrid football (and my two being thrown out of CL) meant absolutely NOTHING for me any more. I just forgot that and thought about more important things, about what had happened there in Madrid.
But - it might sound a little shit now, but isnt it like that? - life goes on. Life has to go on. The fact that some of us still like to talk about football doesnt mean that we do not care about this! Why shall someone close the threads here? If the people want to talk about football let them just talk. Maybe it helps them also a little to turn away.
And see this: the UEFA even didnt cancel the games in UEFA-CUP.
Quite respectless btw in my opinion. :( :yuck:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,868 Posts
guys, im not spanish or from spain, ive lived in NYC all my life and i understand it is a terrible thing that happened...but there is no need to get all worked up over people who want to continue to talk about football....there is nothing wrong with it and in fact it could be positive for people to try to clear their minds....all you can do is pray for those people and their family.....i feel sorry about what happened and hopefully things like this wont happen again...but its impossible to know whats gonna happen and i think everyone should deal with it in there own way..:strong:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top