Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can u guys answer this? Isn't Turkey part of Europe and UEFA?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow Tolga, you are really fast. I've just opened it and pooops here comes the answer. I'm impressed....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way, it's really an injustice to Turkish players. An injustice, because foreign European clubs have to make choices.....

·
*the drum drum*
42,907 Posts
But at the same time, we don't have almost every talent snatched from under us while they're still 18-19 years old like some nations with EU status do..

If a Turkish player is good enough, they can go into Europe and within a year they should be able to pick up "honourary" EU status from the countries federation, like Nihat has in Spain..

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
I did read about a court-decision at the newspapers today. Accordint to the article, players from countries that have association treaties wont be regarded as foreigners anymore. This was about a Russian player. Now this could also mean that turkish players in EU AND EU players in Turkey wont be considered as foreigners anymore...

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Astute said:
By the way, it's really an injustice to Turkish players. An injustice, because foreign European clubs have to make choices.....
I don't agree with you, you are not part of EU and hence EU labour laws do not apply to Turkish citizens, just like Turkish tax law doesn't apply to me (puh :))

Don't worry though, you will be part of EU soon enough, or at least reach a colaborative status that allows players to play as intra-EU citizens. :)

Not sure this would be a good thing for Turkish football though...:lazy:

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
or at least reach a colaborative status
this won't happen...turkey will be a member of the union in some years time, no colaborative status, this was the decision in december 2004....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts