Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Gran Sheik of XTMCMM
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, fellow milanista's and other forums members. sorry for the long email

This is the question that someone asked on televison and I need help answering them. I have been visiting this forum for months but was too lazy to register :sweeteye:

Anyways, the question someone on television asked was why are Juve better in Italy then in Europe. It's Canadian Serie A show called the " Italian Soccer Fanatics" some of you guys might be familar with it. I was hoping anyone with stats such as the foul ratio in Serie A and Champions that Juve get or any other theories and comments that would help me out with answering this question .

I will compile all the theories, stats, intelligent comments to an email which is to be sent to the soccer fanatics show. I hope that they read the email on air and discuss it. This maybe an oppurtunity for conspiracy theories and facts to be aired on tv. The shows contributors or annoucers or whatever you wanna call them his a Milanista by the name of Joe, two Interistas named Saverio and Mark, and a Palermo fan named Gina.

I am not going for glory or anything, whoever submits info will be credited in the email that i will send to the show. If the email is read on air, then I will try my best to record the on air discussion and upload it so everyone can see it.

This is just an idea guys, help a fellow noobie Milanista out and Thanks :howler:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
milanista22 said:
Hi, fellow milanista's and other forums members. sorry for the long email

This is the question that someone asked on televison and I need help answering them. I have been visiting this forum for months but was too lazy to register :sweeteye:

Anyways, the question someone on television asked was why are Juve better in Italy then in Europe. It's Canadian Serie A show called the " Italian Soccer Fanatics" some of you guys might be familar with it. I was hoping anyone with stats such as the foul ratio in Serie A and Champions that Juve get or any other theories and comments that would help me out with answering this question .

I will compile all the theories, stats, intelligent comments to an email which is to be sent to the soccer fanatics show. I hope that they read the email on air and discuss it. This maybe an oppurtunity for conspiracy theories and facts to be aired on tv. The shows contributors or annoucers or whatever you wanna call them his a Milanista by the name of Joe, two Interistas named Saverio and Mark, and a Palermo fan named Gina.

I am not going for glory or anything, whoever submits info will be credited in the email that i will send to the show. If the email is read on air, then I will try my best to record the on air discussion and upload it so everyone can see it.

This is just an idea guys, help a fellow noobie Milanista out and Thanks :howler:
Those four stooges shouldn't be allowed to watch a soccer game let alone a host a show ....
Quite possibly the most idiotic premise for a sports show I have ever seen: four people talking over each other with a basic/minimal knowledge of the game and its history...

But Welcome and Good Luck with your question :)

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Fouls-

1 Parma 774
1 Lecce 774
3 Treviso 770
4 Juventus 763
5 Messina 751
6 Udinese 709
7 Fiorentina 707
8 Cagliari 702
9 Siena 701
10 Chievo 698
11 Sampdoria 673
12 Ascoli 666
13 Livorno 659
14 Reggina 657
15 Roma 655
16 Empoli 650
17 Lazio 635
18 Palermo 632
19 Internazionale 591
20 Milan 573

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Yellow cards-

1 Parma 87
2 Messina 85
2 Siena 85
4 Cagliari 84
5 Lecce 81
6 Treviso 79
7 Sampdoria 75
8 Reggina 72
9 Udinese 71
10 Palermo 68
11 Chievo 65
12 Roma 64
13 Lazio 63
13 Ascoli 63
15 Internazionale 62
16 Fiorentina 57
16 Livorno 57
18 Empoli 53
19 Juventus 50
20 Milan 40

·
Gran Sheik of XTMCMM
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Billy_Montreal said:
Those four stooges shouldn't be allowed to watch a soccer game let alone a host a show ....
Quite possibly the most idiotic premise for a sports show I have ever seen: four people talking over each other with a basic/minimal knowledge of the game and its history...

But Welcome and Good Luck with your question :)
Thanks Billy, I know the show is clowny and all..
But, all I care about is lets say to rub some salt on the Gobbi.
I just watch to see what Mark has to say :howler: lets say he has an interesting perspective on things. I was hoping you would help me out
But I think Joey seems to know a little bit about footie or maybe im blinded by the fact that hes a Milanista :thumbsup:

oh and one more thing I think I phrased the question wrong, I wanted to compare Juve in Italy vs Juve in Europe

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Red cards-

1 Udinese 10
2 Lecce 9
3 Cagliari 7
3 Reggina 7
3 Ascoli 7
6 Siena 6
6 Chievo 6
8 Palermo 5
8 Roma 5
8 Treviso 5
8 Sampdoria 5
12 Empoli 4
12 Messina 4
12 Livorno 4
15 Parma 3
15 Lazio 3
15 Juventus 3
18 Internazionale 2
18 Milan 2
20 Fiorentina 1

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
milanista22 said:
Why are Juve so good in Italy? Need help to answer question
One magic word: Refs!

·
International
8,545 Posts
I agree with Billy, those soccer fanatics are horrible! The only reason they're on tv is to help pull in the ignorant Italian market in the area. Most Italians here are part time fans and they can relate to these guys.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
numerodix said:
You guys really believe that, don't you? Do you also know that Santa Claus isn't real?
We don't just believe it, it is a universal fact! Evidence: Nedved's pathetic play against Arsenal. the result:

In Italy: Yellow or red card against Eboue (Probably by De Santis :yuck: )

In Erope: Red card against Nedved :devil:

If you know how to reach Moggi, tell him to do more networking across Europe if you want to win the UCL :finger:

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
It cannot be just the refs though! They play their part too, Juve gets more fav calls in Italy than anyone else, sth which they cant have in Europe obviously.

But its mostly a mentality issue - I don’t know how many times I have to say this ( and I started saying before 2003 final, before we won that final and before we did 3 semis in 4 years, while Juve won 3 Scudeto in 4 years): Juventus is a team with local mentality. By local, I mean, country, Italian. Traditionally they are the strongest and most dangerous team - they won 28 soon 29 times. Their enemies know it, all Juve players know it. The tradition of winning is sth you cant buy or build over one or two years. And it is hugely important. Not only that, but Juve also builds a team for Italy - a team that can be consistent, can win against mid and small team opposition, etc. Such teams though do not have the flavour and the spark needed for the big fights against the big guys in Europe. Look at their Arsenal performance over two legs. Look at the Werder game. And W and A are not even among the biggest of the Big guys. And that is EVERY year!

of course, Juve almost always has a string team - strong enough to win in Italy and do well in Europe. But obviously they just don’t have enough for Europe. They won only two times - once in a game that should have not been played at all with a penalty and second time after penalties. They just lack what Milan has - that edge to go all the way and win it all

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
IVO said:
I agree with Billy, those soccer fanatics are horrible! The only reason they're on tv is to help pull in the ignorant Italian market in the area. Most Italians here are part time fans and they can relate to these guys.
The real Italian fans are in Montreal :stuckup:

Last time I went to Toronto and ordered an espresso I got a bowl of brown soup and the bartender said "enjoy your eXpresso" :notlist:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts