Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Straight question:
They have the resources, they have the players, they also have (apparently) the tradition. So, what is it that they're always under-achieving to the point of turning into the laughing stock of Italian and European football?:eyepatch:

What is Inter's problem? What is preventing them from winning? :glasses:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
it some kinda curse, like tottenham

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Mamadou said:
Straight question:
They have the resources, they have the players, they also have (apparently) the tradition. So, what is it that they're always under-achieving to the point of turning into the laughing stock of Italian and European football?:eyepatch:

What is Inter's problem? What is preventing them from winning? :glasses:

Enough to say that 75% of Calcio talk shows have been devoted to our beloved cousins ;) ib the last 15 years or so.

So it' ain't a easy question to answer ;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Diavolo said:
Enough to say that 75% of Calcio talk shows have been devoted to our beloved cousins ;) ib the last 15 years or so.

So it' ain't a easy question to answer ;)

75%?:dazed:
So has anyone came up with a good explanation so far?:stress::nervous: :hopefull:

This question may well go down in history as one of the wonders and mysteries of the world...:googly::jester:

Seriously, I want to know the answer to this dilemma...:hopefull:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Inter lack stability. There problem is they lack patience, if a side is not getting the results, they want to get rid of the coach and the players and bring in more. I've seen people in the Inter forum calling for Mancini's head already but give him time, once they sort out the defence, Inter I feel will be a force in Europe.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I think it would be worth a try to offer this subject in a more intellectual basis and have it made available in the University of Milano first as an experiment and then all over Italia in the sociology majors. I mean trying to understand, analyse and examine the multipe and exponentially complex reasons and mechanisms behind the chronic and painful failures of Internazionale. :googly::stress: :D

Cheers.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Its the expectation....take that Boston Red Sox win lately....I'm not a fan of baseball and NZ is not a particularly baseball orientated country, but it made big news over here because of the inordinately long wait by the team to win the world series, and all the close calls that occured along the way. 86 years or something. When you start to get bogged down by that kind of history and ingrained expectation, it can lead to paranoia and a persecution complex. Basically, theres no easy fixes. United is another example. 26 years it took to regain the title. Its not like we didn't have one or two teams capable of doing it either.

Basically, although its hard, the players have to act like theres no history, the manager has to act like theres no weight of past deeds, and the fans have to be patient. Simple really;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
that's right Fred, it's similar to the Arsenal in CL, when the full spotlight goes on the club year after year and the players and management have to answer constant questions about their "failure" it becomes a burden and the players instead of playing free and doing all the right natural things start doing all the wrong "irrational" things, a fear develops that is hard to shake off.

also i think Inter might be struggling from the other things like stability, too many chiefs, they should let the coach run the whole show with no interference and frequetly buying players the coach doesn't want.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
good thread,,, here's it's answer,, well said by Dusan_UK

Inter lack stability. There problem is they lack patience, if a side is not getting the results, they want to get rid of the coach and the players and bring in more. I've seen people in the Inter forum calling for Mancini's head already but give him time, once they sort out the defence, Inter I feel will be a force in Europe.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Man Inter is wierd, You couldn't make their story up

Enough coachs and supertalents over the years to make a seperate league to challenge the others. But nothing to show for it...

·
Registered
841 Posts
I can't comment too much because I don't know Inter's history, but I can say that they have a very talented team. A strikeforce of Adriano, Vieri, Cruz, Recoba, Martins, is very strong indeed. I can't understand why they aren't doing so well this year in Serie A despite such a strong side? If the team is talented but they are not getting results, then it's usually down to tactics, form, confidence, or coach.

Take your pick :D

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
they have bought so many great players, gone through many good coaches who have been successful elsewhere. i truely believe its from the top. i think something isnt right in the way the club is managed.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
Its the expectation....take that Boston Red Sox win lately....I'm not a fan of baseball and NZ is not a particularly baseball orientated country, but it made big news over here because of the inordinately long wait by the team to win the world series, and all the close calls that occured along the way. 86 years or something. When you start to get bogged down by that kind of history and ingrained expectation, it can lead to paranoia and a persecution complex. Basically, theres no easy fixes. United is another example. 26 years it took to regain the title. Its not like we didn't have one or two teams capable of doing it either.

Basically, although its hard, the players have to act like theres no history, the manager has to act like theres no weight of past deeds, and the fans have to be patient. Simple really;)
I said it is their lack of a "winning attitude" and that you only get by winning. They lack that belief in theirself, add that together with the stability problems and it is no wonder they had no succes.

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
I think it's something like 130 players that have went through the Inter door in the last 12 years. It pretty much says it all.

·
Registered
95 Posts
JKris said:
It is because everyone is really closet Milan fans.
Don't lie. Milan 'fans' are just waiting for Inter to win Lo Scudetto then they'll jump ship as if they were trying to escape the Titanic.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I feel it is the impatience and instability of the sqaud. Most teams win with much less yet Inter management is always trying to add more depth. This ruins team morale. Look at Vieri. there is no reason he cannot still perform but there is no support from the fans or management. He goes from the hero of the team to the scapegoat within WEEKS.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts