Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick and tired of this! We had our easiest and best chance to make it to the Copa del Rey final and we toatlly blew it! All we needed is to score a single goal in two games and that was too much for the big REAL MADRID!

Sorry, but I'm so frustrated I can't even write. Fuc!K it all! I don't think I'm gonna be back here for the next week...!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
HAAH, you dont realise we rested SEVEN!!!! of our starting eleven players yesterday. And that "conspiracy" might not be that off. Espanyol wanted to go to europe thanks to the Copa del Rey and we in the league. They havent got anything to play for in the league so it would be a good deal.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Rested 7??? Whom??

Carlos, Karambeua, Salgado, Anelka and Hierro were out anyway.

Another 7 would mean Savio, Cassilas, Macca, Raul, Redondo, Helguero & Mori.

Only Campo and Karanka left!!!!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Don't be like that, you guys did very well in Old Trafoord.... missed Copa del Rey, I think, is just fine ......

Remember you still have Muenchen ....

Go Madrid !!!!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
o.k - we can't beat Espanyol or even draw with them so what are the chances of us beating Munich. At least going in to the Man U match we were un-beaten (somehow).

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Think about the fact that Espanyol-Real Madrid play again during the weekend for La Liga.
AGAIN rumors around Greece say the following : what's Real's goal for this year? Securing its participation to the next Champions League. The soccer betting consultants were saying to bet on Espanyol on last night's game and bet on Real on the weekend's game, implying something like gentlemans' agreement of both teams on both games, a sweet little tradeoff.
I don't know how much of this is true of course, but we'll see.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Cool a conspiracy theory. What about the Racing game?
That's cool, every time that we lose we can say our players threw the match.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ROTFL. This conspiracy theory really sucks. We don't have anything to fight for in la Liga. Of course we need at least the 4th place, better third (you never know, if someone from Spain wins this years CL), but I think our ambitions were much higher.

Anyway after the MU match this has been a hell week - we've lost any kind of a chance in the Primera anbd the Copa del Rey. So dissapointing after such a great game...!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Raul himself said that the goal for this year's league is the 2nd place which leads directly to the next Champions League, while if Real finishes 3rd or 4th has to go through a qualification round. Theoretically this should not be a problem, but nobody wants to go through that, you never know what might happen in 2 games that early in the season. Parma was thrown out at the qualification round this year. That's why the 2nd place is important, it's not just a status theme.
Now, if we finish 3rd or 4th, in order to escape the qualification round Barca has to win the Ch.L. (HORRIFIC) because Valencia is in a lower position in the League anyway (for now).

Of course all this will be solved when we WIN THE CH.L.!!!

But just in the remote case we don't, everybody in Madrid want to make sure we pass through directly to the Group phase, that's why every single point in the League is of major importance.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hala! Go read the topic on the rules of CL qualification. You've gotten something missed up I'm afraid. And BTW do you really think we can get 2nd place this year in la Liga? I'm starting to have doubts...Racing may have been the REAL nail into the coffin. I can't believe us not bein in the CL next year, that would really suck!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
The thing is what would the competition be if Real weren't in it. Players like Raul, Redondo, R Carlos, Macca and Mori deserve to play there.
If only we had a good central defender.

M

·
0 Posts
Two!!Two central defenders and the right coach are a must! Del Bosque certainly knows a thing or two about football, so did Roy Evans. But if the team is consistenly inconsistent ther is only one person to blame. We, outside the club have no idea what's going on over there. It can be lack of discipline, wrong formation, not enough motivation, etc. Coaches are not hired full-time to only ran practice sessions, that's assistant's responsibilities. What coaches should do is to sit and think how to, let's say beat ManU at Old Trafford, DB is good enough to do that one time, but does not have wisdom to solve those puzzles every week. With DB you always hope that ManU having a bad day, that Barca have frailties at the back, that Bayern are not the same they were 2 months ago. Real M.deserves to have a coach who makes his own luck without relying on other's misfortunes. Even if Real wins CL that will be down to everybody, not the coach alone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts