Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ask who? totti himself for pushing himself out there with his bad ankles, roma mangement for not resting him in a game with a team at the bottom of serie a and pushing him to play while he is not 100%? the dirty defenders in serie a who cosisently hack at him?

·
Registered
905 Posts
If Totti was rested and the team lost, the team would feel like their push for Champions League was a waste - especially with Fiorentina losing.

If anyone is to blame it is Totti himself - for being such a good player and attracting the ire of opposition defenders.

I'm not surprised it didn't happen sooner

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Eveything combined I suppose.
He is the most fouled player alongside Toni, and that speaks for itself. There's no much point in discussing whos 'fault' it is now, IMO, because it happened and there's no turning back. All we can do is hope for him to recover as fast as possible.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Easy: Totti does not get the same protection from the refs as the other big teams. Juventus, Milan and Inter receive favourable calls in terms of normal fouls. However, all these fouls just add up and the injuries mount, unfortunately to the best player in Italy. You think the FIGC would want him protected?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
i don't think it have to be a blame!! Empoli's defender should've took a red card cz it was its 2nd foul on totti from behind, but taking a look at the incidence again the reason he broke his ankle was not bcz of the tackle itself, but his weight comming in reverse direction as he fell off!! So blame bad luck if u need to blame!!

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I blame those who have legitimised these completely unnecessary tackles.

I don't see how Totti can be blamed. His biggest problem was the right ankle and this injury is in his left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts