Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious as to which Cimbom fans will be rooting for Fener tomorrow. I myself root for any Turkish team in a European competition. On that note, good luck Fener.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
When it comes to Europe I'm supporting every Turkish teams. We must not forget that they represent Türkiye as a whole like Galatasaray or anyother Turkish teams playing in European competitions. And also they must gain some UEFA coefficient points for Türkiye which one or the other will benefit to all the teams.
One last thing, we must remember, us Galatasaray fans, that all Türkiye was behind us when we won the UEFA Cup. So good luck to Fenerbahçe! :)

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
ole zaragozaaa :D

hehe kidding... hadi fenerr bastir ;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well I am not gonna lie.. I wont root for Fener tomorrow however I also am not gonna hope for their defeat. Just will watch the match and see what happens.. Btw I also know: me rootin for Fener or not they will overcome Zaragoza easily. (and no I am not tryin to jinx Fener, It is just they are a much better team Imo)

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
well...lets see...i would root for them because in the end they are a turkish team but i know that most of the fener fans are against us even when we play in europe, so i dont really know....uhmm lets say if fenerbahce deserve it then they shall win...

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Not I.....

Sorry, but when it comes to supporting clubs I can only support Besiktas. I'm usually neutral (at times Turkish sided) when it comes to other Turkish clubs but when it's FB at hand I am Anti-FB. I don't want anybody to get upset but thats just the way it is. The only time I support Turks 100% is when the National Team is playing (despite the fact that there are FB players on the team). That's my view and if you don't like it.... TOO BAD!

·
19,147 Posts
F0RZA KARTAL said:
Not I.....

Sorry, but when it comes to supporting clubs I can only support Besiktas. I'm usually neutral (at times Turkish sided) when it comes to other Turkish clubs but when it's FB at hand I am Anti-FB. I don't want anybody to get upset but thats just the way it is. The only time I support Turks 100% is when the National Team is playing (despite the fact that there are FB players on the team). That's my view and if you don't like it.... TOO BAD!
i kind of like this attitude...ehehehee ;)

·
19,147 Posts
yeah..i see...i think that this antifenerbahce attitude the most of us have is because of their arrogant behaviour...you can see it if you look at their yöneticis(can't remember the english word), if you look at some of their players(i personally hate serhat) and of course if you look at what their fans are talking...the only funny thing in this arrogance thing is...they have achieved nothing that would justify them being so arrogant... :D.....weirdos :fero:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
kubi said:
One last thing, we must remember, us Galatasaray fans, that all Türkiye was behind us when we won the UEFA Cup. So good luck to Fenerbahçe! :)
Only when we won the UEFA cup. Don't forget that for the precedent games, the others were always wanting us to lose.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Manny said:
I'll support Fenerbahce. I support all turkish teams in Europe.
Yup me too :) :thmbup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'll never support Fenerbahce in Europe.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Even with players like Anelka, Alex..., Fenerbahçe still never manage to be successful in European competitions.

Every year they play the European cup, this is the same thing. They are jealous because we won UEFA Cup and they won nothing, and they say "This year, we will win the cup and do like Galatasaray", they say that they simply can't miss their goal with all the money they spend for their team, but the result is always the same : nothing.

If Fenerbahçe had already be successful and would speak with humility, everybody would have excused them, because an accident can always arrive. (like it already arrived to Galatasaray sometimes). But the main problem is that they always make the same errors and refuse to change their way of acting. Lots of spendings, and no results in Europe. They say they are the best because they have much money but they just forget that if in economy, successes are made with money, in sport successes are made with trophies.

If they don't want to understand, they must leave this job out, and give their place in European competitions to other teams, like Gençlerbirligi, Gaziantepspor, who make more efforts and better results than them.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
galatasaray-fr said:
If they don't want to understand, they must leave this job out, and give their place in European competitions to other teams, like Gençlerbirligi, Gaziantepspor, who make more efforts and better results than them.
Then those teams should earn it.

·
Registered
667 Posts
galatasaray-fr said:
Even with players like Anelka, Alex..., Fenerbahçe still never manage to be successful in European competitions.

Every year they play the European cup, this is the same thing. They are jealous because we won UEFA Cup and they won nothing, and they say "This year, we will win the cup and do like Galatasaray", they say that they simply can't miss their goal with all the money they spend for their team, but the result is always the same : nothing.

If Fenerbahçe had already be successful and would speak with humility, everybody would have excused them, because an accident can always arrive. (like it already arrived to Galatasaray sometimes). But the main problem is that they always make the same errors and refuse to change their way of acting. Lots of spendings, and no results in Europe. They say they are the best because they have much money but they just forget that if in economy, successes are made with money, in sport successes are made with trophies.
Absolutely spot on ;). I think that's why many people don't like Fener and find it hard to root for them even in Europe. It's very understandable.

Personally, it is my policy to support all Turkish teams in Europe, but that is easier said than done when it comes to Fener. When I watch one of Fener's European matches, I start off very much in support of them, but, by the end of the first half I get so disgusted with their unbelievably poor football that I get indifferent or I start to go for the other team because I want to see good football. I find it amazing (and embarrassing for the Turkish League) how consistently badly Fener manage to play in European games that matter. From now on, though, I think it's best if I root for Fener without watching their games. :D :rollani:

Anyway, watching FB in Europe just constantly reminds me that there is only one GS :proud: and it makes me anxious to see us back where we belong, fighting in Europe amongst the top teams in the world and representing Turkish football in the best way possible. :strong:

·
*the drum drum*
42,907 Posts
I think it'd be better if you just admit that you'd prefer Fener to lose in Europe..

Agree or disagree with FK, I have to say that at least he's man enough to openly state how he feels, unlike the rest of you who are using the, "I support all teams in Europe, even Fener despite...." lines..

It seems a majority here wait for European games to use the opportunity to use it as an outlet to let our their hatred towards Fenerbahçe.. I couldn't care less really, but at least be a man about it and admit it straight out instead of beating around the bush..

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.