Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what teams are moving up to the EPL next season. I believe Reading FC, but who else?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Sheffield United.

Will be confirmed today if Leeds fail to beat Reading. Anyway, with 3 matches left United only need one point to be sure.

After that it be one from Leeds United, Watford, Crystal Palace or Preston in the Play-offs.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
palace i think will win the play-offs.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
bartle said:
palace i think will win the play-offs.
That´s my opinion, too.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Personally, I think Preston will win it.

Though I'd wouldn't any of those teams being in the Premiership except for Whatfor.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Which of the mover-uppers having a sporting chance of not being knocked down again?

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Hoping Leeds go up to the Prem so I can get a season ticket. :)

And depends on how much money they're prepared to spend Barrcuda,, doubt any of them would stay up with the squads they have. Reading could be next season's Wigan/West Ham, though. If Leeds did go up I suspect money would be spent there and maybe even a takeover (always suspect MSI might have their eye on Leeds for some reason), so if they spend they could stay up. Lot of adding needed, though

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Not a big Leeds fan, but the EPL could use another well capitalized club (should your predition of a take-over happen) :neutral:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
reading should make a big impression in the EPL. not only because of the money, but also for their manager Steve Coppell.

As a kid, i saw him play for both Engalnd and ManU. an injury meant that he came to the managerial job fairly early, he took palace to the then 1st Div in 1989. the next season didn't start very well as they lost 9-0 to Liverpool early on in the season .
(a joke at that time was:Q: When do Crystal Palace kick-off?
A: After every 10 minutes.)

but they recovered well from this setback, managed to make it to wembley for the cup-final before losing to Fergie's Manu (in the replay).

They played good direct attacking football throughout the season. (The first final at wembley finished 3-3). Ian Wright-Mark Bright was a good striking combination.

I think Coppell's experience with palace (and other teams) will be crucial for next season.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
as for the blades, well i do not like them ( to put it politely).

they knocked us out of the play-offs a few years ago, also back in 1993 they won 2-0 at city ground in cloughie's last home game.

i think they will come down immediately (i certainly want them to).

if palace make it, then they will definitely come down. moving up and down is their business.

for watford, it might depend on whether they can hold on to young or not.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wonder how Marcus Hahnemann could hold up against the likes of Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, etc..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts